Too Much Vesper?

72897289 Beau DesertPosts: 1,691MI6 Agent
As CR'06 is my current favorite film, rarely a week goes by that I don't put it on the DVD player, either to watch a favorite scene or hear some great dialog.

Tonite, being interested in the bit of dialog about Bond "having his armor back on", I cued up the sequence and watched it play out. The film continues on to a rainy day and the "gag" in which Bond and Vesper run in out of the rain and jump onto a hospital bed - carrying on so passionately that they fall off the bed into a tangle of medical equiptment.

When they enter the room, Vesper kicks off her shoes. Being aware of the "dirty feet" controversy I hit the slow button on the player and watched frame by frame as Ms. Greens shoes went flying - looking of course for any sign of the infamous soiled peds.

I confirmed once again that her feet were clean as a whistle. I allowed the remainder of the scene to play out ...frame by frame.

Imagine my SURPRISE, when the couple rolls off the bed to see Vesper's skirt fly up and reveal .... a rather undressed ****!

I cannot believe I am the first person to discover this revealing scene, on the other hand I cannot fathom why this had not been mentioned before .... after all a naked **** would seem to be a more interesting point of discussion than one or two "dirty feet".

Prehaps another astute viewer has noticed this notable lack of wardrobe - prehaps not so surprising as Ms. Green is French!

Other than a brief glimpse of Tatiana getting into Bond's bed in FRWL, this would seem to be the most risque "shot" in any Bond flick to date.

For those who are worried about wearing out a film by watching it too much - don't it's amazing what you can learn on repeat viewings!!

superado said it best ... "she's such a dirty, dirty girl"

Comments

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Best discovery yet {[]
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
    Too Much Vesper? No such thing :v

Thanks, 7289; the investigation is commencing forthwith :D
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Smoke_13Smoke_13 Kitchener Ont CanadaPosts: 285MI6 Agent
    Hmmmmmmmmm...after hearing this rumor I knew I had to get to the "bottom" of the story.

It's legit, there is an awful revealing shot of our "cheeky" little leading lady.

"Butt" I think she is wearing a G-String.

I hope when I registered for this site I didn't miss some fine print stating that users would be banned if they ever put 3 crappy puns into one response. :D
  • 72897289 Beau DesertPosts: 1,691MI6 Agent
    The resolution on my TV is far from "high def", but I saw no "strings" of any kind. :D

As Loffelholtz put it, an "investigation" is in order. It would probably best be conducted by someone who has the "BLUE"- ray version. ;)
  • Willie GarvinWillie Garvin Posts: 1,412MI6 Agent
    edited August 2007
    7289 wrote:
    The resolution on my TV is far from "high def", but I saw no "strings" of any kind. :D

As Loffelholtz put it, an "investigation" is in order. It would probably best be conducted by someone who has the "BLUE"- ray version. ;)

Or even better,the French version...:)
  • PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    boys are silly

had to say it. :D

~Pen -{
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com
    Pendragon wrote:
    boys are silly

Guilty as charged {[]
    edited August 2007
    Boys ...Silly?

But I wonder more about Girls! No doubt Ms. Green having reached her majority a couple of years back dresses herself - or chooses not to.

So if Eva's NOT wearing certain articles of clothing during the scene in question - knowing in advance the blocking and camera angles - that would indicate a deliberate choice on her part!

So if the results are four frames of her ...... ;%

Otherwise, you can always shake your head and ask the question....Was that too much Vesper? ;)

Boys, not just silly - observant too!
    I've just completed the investigation (reviewing the footage in question)...

I assume you mean the moment in which Bond sweeps Vesper off her feet---before they tumble into (and off) the bed...

I saw nothing when they fall off the bed, but when Bond first picks her up ;)

As I've said, no such thing as Too Much Vesper :x
  • MoniqueMonique USAPosts: 696MI6 Agent
    Haha..I thought you meant frontal..not a rear view! Maybe she had a flesh colored super skinny thong on. Although going commando is quite the norm these days, she probably wasn't counting on the fans looking up her skirt frame by frame! :))
    For the sake of Loffelholtz, I'll be more clear where to look for the 4 frames in question......

Rain - falls off leaves, trees etc...cut to

Bond and Vesper enter room, Bond sweeps Vesper off her feet they move to the bed...cut to

Bond and Vesper on bed, they kiss look into each others eyes and kiss again ...cut to

Wide Shot of room, our two stars fly off bed - four revealing frames!!!

I am not suggesting everyone take out their disc for a pruient prowl... I was really a bit shocked that the filmakers got away with this risque bit. Even if the fans didn't notice - I am sure the film crew did!

I don't know from going commando, but whatever EG is NOT wearing is thinner than the wires used to run DC up the crane at the beginning of the movie!

I guess this just reinforces my opinion that this was no ordinary Bond film!
  • jetsetwillyjetsetwilly Liverpool, UKPosts: 1,048MI6 Agent
    Monique wrote:
    Although going commando is quite the norm these days...

:o
    Founder of the Wint & Kidd Appreciation Society.

@merseytart
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    Monique wrote:
    going commando is quite the norm these days

Monique! You shock me! [fanning self] Mercy, I think I'm getting the vapors!
  • PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    JSW, your response made me laugh sooo hard...{[]

for the sake of curiosity, I'll have to go look at this for myself.

~Pen -{
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,205Chief of Staff
    Smoke_13 wrote:
    I hope when I registered for this site I didn't miss some fine print stating that users would be banned if they ever put 3 crappy puns into one response. :D

Heck no, or I'd have been banned long ago...
  • MoniqueMonique USAPosts: 696MI6 Agent
    darenhat wrote:
    Monique wrote:
    going commando is quite the norm these days

Monique! You shock me! [fanning self] Mercy, I think I'm getting the vapors!

I didn't say I do it! ;) But haven't you ever seen a pic of Britney or Paris getting out of a limo? :))
    It's really a shame to find EG in such company.
    7289 wrote:
    It's really a shame to find EG in such company.

Quite right! She ought to be in my company :x

:v
    EG definately needs very close supervision, very, very close supervision!!!! ;)
  • ChristmasChristmas Posts: 7MI6 Agent
    I checked it and didn't notice it. Oh well, some things I don't need to see! ;%
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    edited August 2007
    7289, I just had a look and I believe that you're correct. :D Just as Bond and Vesper were falling off the bed, I paused and I could see that she wasn't particularly covered up. :)) A great find. {[]
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
    Dan,

I am glad you were able to find the scene in question! With some folks unable to locate it, I was beginning to doubt it existed! :o
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    edited August 2007
    Well, I would never have noticed it if you hadn't brought it up. :D (What does that say about you? :o :)))
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
    Sometimes the urge to cry "Eureka!" is overwhelming! ;)
  • i expect u2 diei expect u2 die LondonPosts: 583MI6 Agent
    edited August 2007
    "I'll be keeping my eye on our governments money, and off your perfectly formed arse".

Can't say the same for us, Eva :))
  • EagleEagle UKPosts: 261MI6 Agent
    I don't suppose you had the forethought to take some screengrabs? :D :)
  • SB_DiamondSB_Diamond North Miami Beach, FLPosts: 126MI6 Agent
    I just watched CR for the umpteenth time today and I slow motioned the part when they fall of the bed, and you were right! She was totally naked under her dress, not even a g-string. Observant eye you got there!
    *~Orbis Non Sufficit~*
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,651MI6 Agent
    7289 wrote:
    I confirmed once again that her feet were clean as a whistle. I allowed the remainder of the scene to play out ...frame by frame.

Imagine my SURPRISE, when the couple rolls off the bed to see Vesper's skirt fly up and reveal .... a rather undressed ****!

I cannot fathom why this had not been mentioned before .... after all a naked **** would seem to be a more interesting point of discussion than one or two "dirty feet".

Hmmm...being an old f*rt, I recently learned a new, popularly-used term from the Internet that nicely ties this recent anatomical discovery with the topic of dirty feet...camel toe! ;%
    7289 wrote:
    superado said it best ... "she's such a dirty, dirty girl"

Indeed she is!
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....