He's baaack: Mr. White

LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
Okay. Count me as intrigued.

http://www.mi6.co.uk/news/index.php?itemid5355

True, it's not exactly unexpected at this point. But I think I like it.

B-)
Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
"I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
"Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM

Comments

• GeorgiboyGeorgiboy Posts: 632MI6 Agent
    Awesome, there hasn't been a reoccurring villain in a while. I'm really looking forward to Bond 22.-{
  • Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    Hopefully some light will be shed on this mysterious character...

Still anxious to find out whether Jeffrey Wright will return. Wasn't Felix supposed to make his move on Le Chiffre after he lost the poker game? What happened? ?:)
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,705MI6 Agent
    Interrogation eh? That's fun.

I suppose it's also possible that we see a bit more of him doing naughty stuff; perhaps there could even be scenes set before the last villa scene of CR, in a Bourne Ultimatum kinda way! :)
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    edited September 2007
    emtiem wrote:
    Bourne Ultimatum

:v :))

Like I said in an another thread, I'd like the film to start out replaying the final scene of CR, from the moment Mr. White's car comes through the gates of that splendid house...then, some of White's hired help shows up, and action-adventure ensues B-)
    How about it replays the final scene, but this time as it kicks off the film we see Bond firing his kneecap shot... from the middle of a gunbarrel ;)
    I like that...add Bond's shooting perspective---including showing the vantage point from where he took the shot---to the scene as it originally unfolded.
    You could show a figure walking across the screen as viewed through a gunbarrel as per usual, accompanied by the Bond theme, and then as the shot is fired, the figure goes down and the camera whips around violently to reveal that Bond is holding the rifle; the guitar riff plays as we see Bond's face and Mr White falls... :D
    edited September 2007
    emtiem wrote:
    You could show a figure walking across the screen as viewed through a gunbarrel as per usual, accompanied by the Bond theme, and then as the shot is fired, the figure goes down and the camera whips around violently to reveal that Bond is holding the rifle; the guitar riff plays as we see Bond's face and Mr White falls... :D

Ye Gods! You're talking about continuing to fiddle with the gunbarrel sequence?!?!? The bourgeoisie---to say nothing of the Society of Cinematic Bond Traditionalists---simply won't stand for it :v

Of course, it would make for a fun thread or two :D
    emtiem wrote:

Ye Gods! You're talking about continuing to fiddle with the gunbarrel sequence?!?!? The bourgeoisie---to say nothing of the Society of Cinematic Bond Traditionalists---simply won't stand for it :v

Of course, it would make for a fun thread or two :D

Arf! :D
  • Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent

No, we won't damn it! :D

CR sought to establish the origin of the gunbarrel. Having done that, they really have no other choice than to go back to Maurice Binder's original incarnation.

I would very much like to see Craig take the traditional walk, turn, and shoot (in suit or tux please). Since CR closed with "The Bond Theme," I think it only makes sense to open #22 with it a la the traditional gunbarrel. B-)

The gunbarrel aside, I really do like some of your ideas for Bond 22's PTS. {[]

See, we Cinematic Bond Traditionalists aren't all bad! :))
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore
    Well...it looks as if they're being very picky about what they're bringing forward and what they're leaving behind. That said, I really expect a traditional gunbarrel this time round.

I do love the immediacy of #22 picking up where CR left off. That's kind of bold in itself---yet another mold being broken as the new model continues to form.
    Yeah, in all seriousness I agree; a trad gunbarrel does seem more likely, but personally I'm not too wed to it. I don't really mind if it's there or not.

Incidentally, is there any point of having a thread marked as a spoiler if the spoiler is the title of the thread? ;)
  • PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    oooooooooooooooooooooooo *insert spooky thriller sort of music here*

that'll be neat!!!

~Pen -{
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com
  • highhopeshighhopes Posts: 1,358MI6 Agent
    emtiem wrote:
    How about it replays the final scene, but this time as it kicks off the film we see Bond firing his kneecap shot... from the middle of a gunbarrel ;)

I like that {[]

This may not be the thread for this discussion, but one of the things I liked about CR was the clever but unexpected placement of the gun barrel sequence. It was another example of applying a little creativity to a familiar Bond hallmark. I'd like to see them have another go at it, whether it's in the way you suggest or some other.
    edited September 2007
    emtiem wrote:
    Incidentally, is there any point of having a thread marked as a spoiler if the spoiler is the title of the thread? ;)

Truth be told, I meant to tag it as a 'Rumour' ;%