October event in Palm Beach?

I saw an advertisment for a James Bond event at a hotel in Palm Beach sometime i October, does anyone know about this?

Comments

• wakwak007wakwak007 Apopka, Fl.Posts: 35MI6 Agent
    I have not heard of anything however if you do, please let us know. I don't lie too far from Palm Beach.;)
  • PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    will do. I live in trh Palm Beach area now, but lived in Apopka (Wekiva) for years
  • PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    wakwak007 wrote:
    I don't lie too far from Palm Beach.;)

I'm confused. Would you usually lie closer or further away?
    This will be a James Bond event as we will have the signature martini available, will be showing clips of James Bond movies, will have an Aston Martin on site, a James Bond gold girl, James Bond music, and we are trying to obtain a Sean Connery look alike as well. Besides these things we will have a cigar vendor, silent auction and telescopes for poolside gazing.
    Young Friends and Families of the South Florida Science Museum’s upcoming event, Constellation Royale:

 Young Friends and Families of the South Florida Science Museum’s Constellation Royale

 October 6, 2007

 7:00 – 11:00 pm

 The Colony Hotel, 155 Hammon Avenue, Palm Beach

 Guests can enjoy bidding on exclusive silent auction items – a sneak peek of what’s up for grabs - a NYC package with a VIP Tour of the Today Show, 2 tickets to the Ellen DeGeneres Show, 2 tickets to the American Museum of Natural History and 2 tickets to Saturday Night Live.

 Telescopes will be provided poolside during the cocktail hour for constellation gazing and James Bond style sleuthing.

 Chairs – Sarah Alsofrom and Virginia Oatley

 Honorary Chairs – Courtney and Frank Brogan

 Honorary Media Chairs – WILD 95.5’s Virginia Lang and WPTV’s Tania Rogers

 The Young Friends and Families of The South Florida Science Museum is a fast-expanding group that enjoys a year-round calendar of events and special program previews, exhibits and cocktail receptions to support the mission of the South Florida Science Museum.

 Tickets are $200 per person.

 For More Information contact Gabrielle Grundy at (561) 832-1998 ext 237.

The South Florida Science Museum is currently in the middle of the public phase of a 54 million dollar capital campaign to build a state-of the art science center. This unique and comprehensive center will be a symbol of the community’s cultural strength and commitment to education. The South Florida Science Museum is located at 4801 Dreher Trail North, West Palm Beach in the north end of Dreher Park. Admission is $9 adults, $7.50 seniors and $6 children.

For more information call 561-832-1988 or visit www.sfsm.org.
    Young Friends and Families of the South Florida Science Museum’s upcoming event, Constellation Royale:

 Young Friends and Families of the South Florida Science Museum’s Constellation Royale

 October 6, 2007

 7:00 – 11:00 pm

 The Colony Hotel, 155 Hammon Avenue, Palm Beach

 Guests can enjoy bidding on exclusive silent auction items – a sneak peek of what’s up for grabs - a NYC package with a VIP Tour of the Today Show, 2 tickets to the Ellen DeGeneres Show, 2 tickets to the American Museum of Natural History and 2 tickets to Saturday Night Live.

 Telescopes will be provided poolside during the cocktail hour for constellation gazing and James Bond style sleuthing.

 Chairs – Sarah Alsofrom and Virginia Oatley

 Honorary Chairs – Courtney and Frank Brogan

 Honorary Media Chairs – WILD 95.5’s Virginia Lang and WPTV’s Tania Rogers

 The Young Friends and Families of The South Florida Science Museum is a fast-expanding group that enjoys a year-round calendar of events and special program previews, exhibits and cocktail receptions to support the mission of the South Florida Science Museum.

 Tickets are $200 per person.

 For More Information contact Gabrielle Grundy at (561) 832-1998 ext 237.

The South Florida Science Museum is currently in the middle of the public phase of a 54 million dollar capital campaign to build a state-of the art science center. This unique and comprehensive center will be a symbol of the community’s cultural strength and commitment to education. The South Florida Science Museum is located at 4801 Dreher Trail North, West Palm Beach in the north end of Dreher Park. Admission is $9 adults, $7.50 seniors and $6 children.

For more information call 561-832-1988 or visit www.sfsm.org.
  • wakwak007wakwak007 Apopka, Fl.Posts: 35MI6 Agent
    Hi Paperbill-
    That's sounds like an interesting event. I'll have to check my schedule. I've been living in Apopka for 5 years now (Yes, I am a bad typist however I probably have "lie there" as well..HaHa) and used to work off Wekiva Rd. You'll be surprised how Wekiva is developing (Of course that can be said of all Florida.)
    I would not drive down for this event, I thought it would be more.