Disappointed at first

3rbrown3rbrown MI6 Top Secret - Scotland, GlaPosts: 100MI6 Agent
Anyone here that when they first watched CR at the start disappointed when there was no starting gunbarrel and the PTS was in B&W Personaly I loved it

Comments

• Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
    I've been dissapointed with the gunbarrels for DAD and CR
    207qoznfl4.gif
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    edited October 2007
    3rbrown wrote:
    Anyone here that when they first watched CR at the start disappointed when there was no starting gunbarrel and the PTS was in B&W
    I was disappointed but I'm willing to forgive the producers if they revert back to the traditional gunbarrel for Bond 22. I can understand why they did it and I think that the reason they did it (to explain where the gunbarrel comes from) is kind of interesting. However, I love the gunbarrel and I don't think I could forgive the producers if it has gone the way of Q and Moneypenny. :#
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,694MI6 Agent
    Dan Same wrote:
    I was disappointed but I'm willing to forgive the producers if they revert back to the traditional gunbarrel for Bond 22.

I doubt they'll mind too much! :)

But you're right- there's not really any point in setting up where it comes from in the first of your new series if you don't use it normally in the next one. I'd be willing to bet that we'll get it in a pretty standard fashion next one out. I wouldn't mind it not being exactly the same as previous ones, though- I like a bit of freshening up.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,989Quartermasters
    edited October 2007
    emtiem wrote:
    I'd be willing to bet that we'll get it in a pretty standard fashion next one out. I wouldn't mind it not being exactly the same as previous ones, though- I like a bit of freshening up.

I really think so, as well. I expect a more traditional---yet somehow modified---gunbarrel this time round...along with the opening 'Da-da....dum! Da-da...dum!' Bond music :007)

I liked what they did in CR, though. When I showed it to my parents on DVD, my dad perked up when the gunbarrel did appear, and said: "There it is!" B-)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,519Chief of Staff
    3rbrown wrote:
    Anyone here that when they first watched CR at the start disappointed when there was no starting gunbarrel and the PTS was in B&W

No, quite the opposite in fact.

I'll be more than happy if they could manage to get the gunbarrel in in a similar way again, although that could be come contrived.
    YNWA 97
  • dougie007dougie007 FalkirkPosts: 45MI6 Agent
    I understand why the gunbarrel was where it was in the film but I still don't know why they used that particular gunbarrel. It looks really cheap. The PB barrels were certainly refreshing and sharp - so hopefully #22 goes for that approach - without, of course the daft bullet coming through the baddies gun.

Also if David Arnold looks at these posts, can I ask a favour.... please use the traditional Bond theme we all know and love.
    A genuine Felix Leiter - illuminating

Live & Let Die - 1973