ITV Editing

Hugo DraxHugo Drax Leeds, United Kingdom.Posts: 210MI6 Agent
I am just watching the pre-titles sequences of Diamonds Are Forever and thinking that I don't believe I have ever seen ITV carry out such a amateurish job with editing a film. Admittedly I don't watch many films on ITV, but whoever is editing this film has done a horrendous job. Firstly, they decided to completely to completely omit the beach scene where Connery introduces himself as Bond. Secondly, the fight in the 'operating theatre' has been carelessly edited. I don't see the point of ITV doing this at all.

Comments

• Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
    I haven't been watching, I'll watch with you now
    207qoznfl4.gif
  • SolarisSolaris Blackpool, UKPosts: 308MI6 Agent
    ITV Have always been terrible at editing Bond Films, thats why I hope when their Bond contract is up another network get it because they are turely terrible.

I think the worst blunder they did was during Goldeneye when they got up to just before Bond goes in to see Zukovski and then stopped for their half an hour news break when Goldeneye came back on however it was just as Bond and Natalya turn up in Cuba. thats what? half an hour at least of the film gone?
  • thematrixremixthematrixremix Posts: 12MI6 Agent
    One of the reasons why I purchsed "Ultimate Collectors Set". I agree that ITV are a bit dong at editing.
  • Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
    Last night while watching the Dalton films I pretended to be Peter Hunt and change scenes/zoom in etc. With the DVD's. I think I did a mighty fine job :)
    207qoznfl4.gif