Re: Who was James Bond when you were born?

Rog was Bond when I was born. The first film I was taken to was The Living Daylights (still prob my most watched film) when I was eight. Thank god they scrapped the magic carpet scene!

I was born in 1997, the year Tomorrow never dies came out. Maybe a reason why i love this film so much. So Brosnan, Pierce Brosnan. ajb007/bond

Did you bring any chocolates?

1977, the year of The Spy Who Loved Me.  Roger Moore.

1971, the year of Diamonds Are Forever, sadly my least favorite of the Connery (EoN) films.

I look for a reason to like them all, that being said- my current favorites by actor
Connery- FRWL                                  Dalton- TLD
Lazenby - I'll go with OHMSS               Brosnan- GE
Moore- FYEO                                      Craig- CR

Born in Brosnan’s debut year of 1995—a great year for me with a great Bond film in Goldeneye.

Roger was Bond when I was born. And the first film I saw was FYEO - the most recent Bond film before my birth in 1982.

Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.

Sean Connery has passed away at age 90 and some of you were born when he was Bond.

Anyone here born in the Connery era?

I was born in 1957 and my first Bond film in a theater was Goldfinger in '64. I then played catch-up with a re-release double feature of DN and FRWL then on to TB and every single subsequent Bond thereafter.
The news of Sean Connery passing was quite jarring as he will always be my Bond. Connery brought an unmatched charisma and screen presence to Bond. The impression that Connery's Bond made on me as a youngster was indelible and lifelong as my passion for the Bond films has stayed with me through my whole life. IMO, the greatest Bond, who's talent and charisma continued well beyond the Bond films. No matter what role, what film, when Connery appeared on screen, everyone else appeared to shrink. We are blessed that he will live on forever as Bond and in all the other films he did. Rest in peace my 007.

I was born between Bonds in 1969, so I get the best of both Sean Connery - who had featured in YOLT - and George Lazenby - who was still filming OHMSS.
It's like having a favourite uncle and a step dad.
ajb007/smile

Sean! And TB was in theaters.

The Brosnan era, in between TWINE and DAD.

Born in between FRWL and GF. Weird to think that the eroticism codified by the first Bond films was part of an increasingly swinging pop culture in which my parents were young people at the time I was conceived!

DAF was my first Bond film in the cinema, soon followed by a series of Connery-Bond double bills. For me, news of Sir Sean's sad passing means the loss of my childhood matinee idol.

Last edited by Shady Tree (1st Nov 2020 13:38)

Critics and material I don't need. I haven't changed my act in 49 years.

I was born in the year of DAF.

I was born in '64, the year of Goldfinger, and watching DAF in the cinema - my first brush with. 007 - was the seminal moment in my life, sparking a lifelong love for Bond. I nagged my sister to take me to see all the double-bills of the Connery Bonds which were subsequently re-released in the early '70s.

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."

My, My wasn't 64 a great year.  ajb007/wink  ajb007/martini

“God has given you one face, and you make yourself another"

https://i.postimg.cc/CZPdMKKL/file-20190722-11314-1tzmsxi.jpg

Not necessarily....

It gave us a couple of good points ........ ajb007/wink

https://i.postimg.cc/jw46V605/Monica-Bellucci-04.jpg

More than a couple, tbh...

https://i.postimg.cc/Wq0t6LMB/IMG-3181.jpg

Bullocks !  ajb007/takecover

ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol

I'm a 1963 model... Sean Connery !

Those who were born in 1983, the year Connery made a comeback in NSNA, does not count!

I was born on the day when Mei Hama and Sean Connery filmed their scenes on the top of a real volcano in Kyushu, Japan.

"...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....

I was born Christmas Day 1965.Two days before Thunderball premiered.Wouldnt have it. Any other way.One of the foundation stones of my life has gone.