James Bond - Graphic Adventure

FitzochrisFitzochris Posts: 242MI6 Agent
I think it'd be great to see a JB graphic adventure. A game where you use your wits to solve a mission instead of frequent action.

Naturally, there'd be action elements, but the majority would be point and click interface with inventory style puzzles.

It worked with another action hero in Indiana Jones And The Fate Of Atlantis - so why not with Bond?

Comments

• TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,279MI6 Agent
    Unfortunately, these point-and-click graphic adventures really aren't that popular a genre these days, especially on dedicated videogame consoles where publishers make most of their money.

The standard procedure for movie based games is to emulate whatever the current hot trend is. The first person shooter with third person "over the shoulder" segments is the current rage - witness games like Call of Duty 4 or Gears of War - and that is the model Activision seems to want to follow with James Bond.

They're also trying to appeal to the widest gaming audience possible and point-and-click adventures really aren't popular with teens and younger adults - always a major segment when it comes to videogames - thus another reason to go more mainstream with the gameplay.

I've read that the QoS game won't even have any driving levels and there is still no mention of what gadgets (if any) the player will be able to use. For better or worse the average person equates Bond with action and shooting and as such that is what the videogame will probably focus on.
  • FitzochrisFitzochris Posts: 242MI6 Agent
    I agree. The point and click genre seems consigned to the early 90s forever.

Still, I'd even settle for a Splinter Cell style stealth/action effort than yet another FPS.