51

Re: The AJB Glossary (So Far)

just keeps getting better and better, Loeff! ajb007/cheers

~Pendragon ajb007/martini

Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com

52

Re: The AJB Glossary (So Far)

In the interest of journalistic balance, I have added QoB and Quantum Of B******s---as coined by the incomparable Napoleon Plural...

"Blood & Ashes"...AVAILABLE on Amazon.co.uk: Get 'Jaded': Blood & Ashes: The Debut Oscar Jade Thriller
"I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
"Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM

53

Re: The AJB Glossary (So Far)

LOL, "Lay off Loeff"

A possible battle cry for the Unholy Three ... ajb007/takecover ajb007/biggrin

54

Re: The AJB Glossary (So Far)

Alex wrote:

LOL, "Lay off Loeff"

A possible battle cry for the Unholy Three ... ajb007/takecover ajb007/biggrin

ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol

I knew there had to be a double meaning there...

ajb007/cheers

"Blood & Ashes"...AVAILABLE on Amazon.co.uk: Get 'Jaded': Blood & Ashes: The Debut Oscar Jade Thriller
"I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
"Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM

55

Re: The AJB Glossary (So Far)

Loeffelholz wrote:

In the interest of journalistic balance, I have added QoB and Quantum Of B******s---as coined by the incomparable Napoleon Plural...

Okay, thanks Loeffs! Though I'd forgotten about that!

How about:

Jason Bourne A character widely regarded as Bond's true nemesis in Quantum Of Solace (and namechecked more than any other character, including possibly Bond himself), as he said to be the main influence behind the epilectic editing style that evokes incandescent rage in some AJBers.

Last edited by Napoleon Plural (18th Nov 2008 15:41)

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017

56

Re: The AJB Glossary (So Far)

Nah...let some Jason Bourne fan site put something about Bond in their Glossary...Bond's lesser cousin gets too much play around here as is  ajb007/bond

Last edited by Loeffelholz (27th Nov 2008 17:26)

"Blood & Ashes"...AVAILABLE on Amazon.co.uk: Get 'Jaded': Blood & Ashes: The Debut Oscar Jade Thriller
"I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
"Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM

57

Re: The AJB Glossary (So Far)

Loeffelholz wrote:

Nah...let some Jason Bourne fan site put something about Bond in their Glossary

Sorry? ajb007/confused Which Jason Bourne fan sites are you referring to? ajb007/shifty

"He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman

58

Re: The AJB Glossary (So Far)

Dan Same wrote:
Loeffelholz wrote:

Nah...let some Jason Bourne fan site put something about Bond in their Glossary

Sorry? ajb007/confused Which Jason Bourne fan sites are you referring to? ajb007/shifty

Absolutely Jason Bourne? DamonisnotBourne.com? Commander Jason Bourne? ajb007/embarrassed

59

Re: The AJB Glossary (So Far)

Dan Same wrote:

Sorry? ajb007/confused Which Jason Bourne fan sites are you referring to? ajb007/shifty

My point exactly  ajb007/shifty

ajb007/cheers

jasoncomelately.com?  ajb007/biggrin

"Blood & Ashes"...AVAILABLE on Amazon.co.uk: Get 'Jaded': Blood & Ashes: The Debut Oscar Jade Thriller
"I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
"Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM

60

Re: The AJB Glossary (So Far)

Loeffelholz wrote:
Dan Same wrote:

Sorry? ajb007/confused Which Jason Bourne fan sites are you referring to? ajb007/shifty

My point exactly  ajb007/shifty

ajb007/cheers

jasoncomelately.com?  ajb007/biggrin


lol

wait...does that mean laugh out loud or...? ajb007/lol


May I also suggest the ever changing, but always talked about, Bond numbers (e.g. a few years ago it was Bond 21, then Bond 22 and now we are already talking about Bond 23). I don't know how to fit it in the glossary, but until titles are tossed out from Eon we are talking numbers like crazy.

Another one could be "possible title" or "chapter titles" or "Ian Fleming titles"....as a joke, "Property of a Lady" the one title everyone is not sure about but kind of likes ajb007/biggrin

Last edited by youknowmyname (28th Nov 2008 21:32)

"We have all the time in the world..."

61

Re: The AJB Glossary (So Far)

What happened here? I feel like this topic died out...shame. Maybe getting it back on 'Today's Post' will help.

I thought of another one for the glossary - "Bondology" in reference to the not so scientific study and discussion of all things Bond.

And, I didn't check but is CBN (short for CommanderBond.net) in the glossary? ajb007/confused

"We have all the time in the world..."

62

Re: The AJB Glossary (So Far)

youknowmyname wrote:

What happened here? I feel like this topic died out...shame.

Perish the thought, YKMN!  ajb007/cheers  This thread is flagged to stay at, or near, the top of the forum page to be conveniently accessible by our site's members at any time.

"Bond #__" and "Bondology" have been added.  Thanks for your contribution!  ajb007/martini

Last edited by Loeffelholz (5th Dec 2008 05:18)

"Blood & Ashes"...AVAILABLE on Amazon.co.uk: Get 'Jaded': Blood & Ashes: The Debut Oscar Jade Thriller
"I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
"Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM

63

Re: The AJB Glossary (So Far)

cool AJB:)

Last edited by another way to die (5th Dec 2008 15:03)

64

Re: The AJB Glossary (So Far)

Loeffelholz wrote:
youknowmyname wrote:

What happened here? I feel like this topic died out...shame.

Perish the thought, YKMN!  ajb007/cheers  This thread is flagged to stay at, or near, the top of the forum page to be conveniently accessible by our site's members at any time.

"Bond #__" and "Bondology" have been added.  Thanks for your contribution!  ajb007/martini

Loeff, thank you for the encouragement...I forgot the thread was noted.

Good stuff on the additions. Are you going to make this a PDF document or just post it on the site? What's the plan when this is all finished?

"We have all the time in the world..."

65

Re: The AJB Glossary (So Far)

youknowmyname wrote:

Good stuff on the additions. Are you going to make this a PDF document or just post it on the site? What's the plan when this is all finished?

Well...this started out as an article (the link in the first post will still take you to it), but it got to be too much of a hassle updating both the thread and the article, so now only the thread is 'current.'

I'm not sure anything else will be done, in terms of PDF, etc., since I view this as an ongoing 'work in progress.'  Of course, if somebody were to want a PDF of it, I'd gladly do it!

"Blood & Ashes"...AVAILABLE on Amazon.co.uk: Get 'Jaded': Blood & Ashes: The Debut Oscar Jade Thriller
"I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
"Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM

66

Re: The AJB Glossary (So Far)

Pendulum, The-

(a) The manner in which a particular film is not highly thought of at first then grows in stature over the years, eg OHMSS. Or perhaps the opposite, eg FYEO.

(b) The cyclical nature of the series as a whole, with a lavish OTT entry (YOLT, MR, DAD) being succeeded by a more down-to-earth caper (OHMSS, FYEO, CR).

67

Re: The AJB Glossary (So Far)

Barbel wrote:

(b) The cyclical nature of the series as a whole, with a lavish OTT entry (YOLT, MR, DAD) being succeeded by a more down-to-earth caper (OHMSS, FYEO, CR).

I'd say that the latter was more "Boom and Bust" than "Pendulum"...

Founder of the Wint & Kidd Appreciation Society.

@merseytart

68

Re: The AJB Glossary (So Far)

jetsetwilly wrote:

I'd say that the latter was more "Boom and Bust" than "Pendulum"...

Can't be- Gordon Brown abolished "Boom and Bust", just before he saved the world.

69

Re: The AJB Glossary (So Far)

Barbel wrote:
jetsetwilly wrote:

I'd say that the latter was more "Boom and Bust" than "Pendulum"...

Can't be- Gordon Brown... just before he saved the world.

How much more Bondian can you get?!?!

Founder of the Wint & Kidd Appreciation Society.

@merseytart

70

Re: The AJB Glossary (So Far)

jetsetwilly wrote:
Barbel wrote:
jetsetwilly wrote:

I'd say that the latter was more "Boom and Bust" than "Pendulum"...

Can't be- Gordon Brown... just before he saved the world.

How much more Bondian can you get?!?!

One would have thought that Gordon Brown's Calvinistic frugality was the antithesis of Bond, although he has decided to go on a binge at the taxpayers' expense which I guess is quite 007-esque. Hell, if Dalton's Bond can opt for pricey bubbly instead ('The brand on the list was questionable, sir') in The Living Daylights what's a few billion pounds between friends?

71

Re: The AJB Glossary (So Far)

Give us a kiss! KUAK, (not to be confused with Captain Kirk's Indian nickname), A message of peace from FYEO fans ... to all of you that ain't! ajb007/wink

72

Re: The AJB Glossary (So Far)

Barbel's excellent 'Pendulum, The' is in...with an added definition.

Alex, do you mean GUAK instead of KUAK?  I like it...but I want to get it right  ajb007/embarrassed

"Blood & Ashes"...AVAILABLE on Amazon.co.uk: Get 'Jaded': Blood & Ashes: The Debut Oscar Jade Thriller
"I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
"Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM

73

Re: The AJB Glossary (So Far)

Well, of course Tony Blair went to Fettes college while the next possible PM, David Cameron went to Eton, both stopping off points for Fleming's spy.

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017

74

Re: The AJB Glossary (So Far)

Loeffelholz wrote:

Barbel's excellent 'Pendulum, The' is in...with an added definition.

Alex, do you mean GUAK instead of KUAK?  I like it...but I want to get it right  ajb007/embarrassed

I just noticed this blunder, how embarassing!
My only excuse would be a sinus infection and loads of medication. ajb007/crap (Thanks for humoring a sick FYEO fan) ajb007/bond

75

Re: The AJB Glossary (So Far)

Also, how about the terms Chief of Staff - Quatermaster - MI6 Agent and the definition of what this means for AJB?

And Congrats, Loeff and Barbel for these new appointments...I guess I didn't read the post to congratulate you on your promotion ajb007/confused

She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony