Re: The AJB Glossary (So Far)

No worries, Alex!  'GUAK' is in...

Thanks for the congrats, Lexi, though it happened a while back...  ajb007/smile  It's nice to be allowed to contribute to the site.

And great suggestions, as well...'Chief of Staff,' 'Quartermaster' and 'MI6 Agent' are all in ajb007/cheers

"Blood & Ashes"...AVAILABLE on Amazon.co.uk: Get 'Jaded': Blood & Ashes: The Debut Oscar Jade Thriller
"I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
"Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM

Lexi wrote:

Also, how about the terms Chief of Staff - Quatermaster - MI6 Agent and the definition of what this means for AJB?

And Congrats, Loeff and Barbel for these new appointments...I guess I didn't read the post to congratulate you on your promotion ajb007/confused

Thanks for that, Lexi; and you didn't miss the post, it's a no-fuss kind of thing. As Loeff says, a Quartermaster writes articles, etc. A Quatermaster, though, that's the Pits... ajb007/biggrin

(Copyright ObscurePunsdotcom 2009)

Barbel wrote:

A Quatermaster, though, that's the Pits... ajb007/biggrin

(Copyright ObscurePunsdotcom 2009)

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.seymour1/ukbookguide/Covers/Quatermass/QuatermassAndThePit-Arrow.jpg

ajb007/biggrin

ajb007/cheers Alex! (A fellow Quatermass fan?)

Barbel wrote:

ajb007/cheers Alex! (A fellow Quatermass fan?)

Of the three films, absolutely! Sadly I've never read Kneale's source material or caught any of the BBC series, but the final picture made with Barbara Shelly and Andrew Kier is one of my favorite science fiction films. ajb007/cheers

I read the Kneale novelisations many years ago, but don't have them now. A friend once loaned me his box of the TV series- unfortunately incomplete, since some of the early episodes are lost- and I agree, the "Pit" is the best, both in the film and TV versions.

An addition has been added, thanks to site newcomer 007 James:  IMNO (In My Nonsensical Opinion), based on the assertion that comparisons---especially between Bond actors---are complete nonsense  ajb007/cheers

"Blood & Ashes"...AVAILABLE on Amazon.co.uk: Get 'Jaded': Blood & Ashes: The Debut Oscar Jade Thriller

Glossary updated to include the relevant term, 'Dinner Theatre Bond'  ajb007/wink

Glossary updated to include the term, DSOAPP Edition, The---dealing with the 'Dog S**t On A Paper Plate' version of QoS, the subversively inferior version seen by all who utterly hate the film  ajb007/biggrin

Thanks to Bondtoys for the suggestion!  ajb007/martini

Last edited by Loeffelholz (27th Mar 2009 04:09)

Hello, everyone...guess I'll bump this thread, since the sticky has gone away...for now...  ajb007/martini

Last edited by Loeffelholz (15th May 2009 03:33)

Glossary updated to include the terms "Cinematic Bond" and "Literary Bond"  ajb007/martini

I, as a hardcore QoS fan, was offended reading the "QoB" entry.
Still, fun to read. ajb007/martini

Daniel Craig is the best Bond. EVER. PERIOD.

007craigfanatic wrote:

Well, that's Napoleon Plural for you...  ajb007/lol  I don't think he means any harm...though I'm sure he'll gladly dance on my grave one day.

ajb007/lol

Just kidding, of course  ajb007/biggrin  Quite a few members aren't so fond of Quantum of Solace, and some find very creative ways of expressing themselves...

Last edited by Loeffelholz (16th May 2009 04:27)

Glossary updated to include the term, "Original Flemings, The"  ajb007/bond

Loeffelholz wrote:
007craigfanatic wrote:

Well, that's Napoleon Plural for you...  ajb007/lol  I don't think he means any harm...though I'm sure he'll gladly dance on my grave one day.

If so, no doubt you'll arrange to be buried at sea....  ajb007/crap  ajb007/lol

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017

Napoleon Plural wrote:
Loeffelholz wrote:
007craigfanatic wrote:

ajb007/lol Good one NP. ajb007/biggrin

"He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman

Napoleon Plural wrote:

[light bulb goes on]  ajb007/shifty

ajb007/tongue  ajb007/cheers

Glossary updated to include the term, "Legion of Craig Haters, The"  ajb007/bond

could u include DALTONITE for TD fans, which generally means TD was fantastic.

"You're in the wrong business... leave it to the professionals!"
James Bond- Licence To Kill

... And "Daltonism" as a synonyme for embarrassing Dalton-Fanboy activities ajb007/biggrin

Last edited by Higgins (28th Jul 2009 05:34)

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

may I suggest to differentiate the QoB section:

QoBs = Quantum of B******s
QoBt = Quantum of B******t

I know, that it boils down to the same thing (= QoS sucks) but if we as the best board on the net aren't precise, who else is?

Last edited by Higgins (28th Jul 2009 06:11)

FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

'Daltonite,' 'Daltonism,' and 'QoBs' have all been added.

That should do it for the Quantum of Solace insults,  ajb007/wink since no other Bond film has earned such an entry in the glossary...and some certainly deserve one...I'll get to work on it  ajb007/shifty

Thanks, Loeffs. It seems, that we get a Pulitzer price soon for this extensive source of knowledge... ajb007/embarrassed

and regarding insults for QoBt, I am sure, that there are more to come ajb007/shifty

by the way, I am missing now QoBt, which would be my trademark, QoBs has been invented by NP.

Last edited by Higgins (21st Aug 2009 07:08)

may I add to the precious formula:

To my taste, it should read like: "Bond confronts the villain in the villain's lair, the villain unveils his plans in extent and fails to kill Bond at the spot by putting him in onto a higher level of danger. Bond escapes and ultimately triumphs.

what about Danjaq? (a combination of Broccoli and Saltzman's respective wives' names (Dana Broccoli and Jacqueline Saltzman).)

My James Bond Collection:
Antens007Archive