Jannifer Aniston for Bond ?

Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
Please God, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5he1OMRyILGFOvHmA07SkCIWzKMLg

There are quite a few stories regarding this ... which is worrying ... :#

' Jennifer Aniston is apparently being lined up to be a Bond girl in 007's next outing, after she said it would be a dream role.

The former Friends star is under consideration for a part in the next spy caper after saying it was a role she wanted but was never offered, according to the Daily Express.

The paper quotes a source at EON, the franchise's production company, as saying: "We're always looking for the next Bond girl. She has to be beautiful but she also needs to have brains. It helps if she's athletic and able to keep up with the intense stunt work a Bond movie demands. Jennifer has all these qualities. It's great to hear she'd love to do a movie because we have used established actresses before such as Teri Hatcher and Denise Richards. It's great she's a fan. After her comments it's likely she'll be called in to meet Barbara Broccoli and Michael G Wilson when we start on the next one."

Jennifer, 40, recently told Elle magazine: "I'd love to do an action movie. James Bond. Glamour. Daniel Craig. Loads of fun." '

Comments

• HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Calm down, milady: it's just the start of silly rumor season.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
    Yeah...the rumour mill is starting to fire on all cylinders :D

They could do far worse, IMO...but I'm sure their inclination to look for talented unknowns will hold true for #23.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • batester2005batester2005 Dudley, West Mids, UKPosts: 155MI6 Agent
    please be jennifer aniston!!! not because she'd be a good bond girl but because id like to stick her one!!!!!
  • Mister WhiteMister White The NetherlandsPosts: 814MI6 Agent
    If you ask me, we could get a lot worse than Jennifer Anniston.

But I agree, somebody relatively unknown would be better.
    "Christ, I miss the Cold War."
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    edited March 2009
    If This Is True (Hope It's Just A Silly Rumor) We'll Of Gone From The Great Eva Green To Jennifer Aniston In A Couple Of Years IMHO She'll Make D Richards Look Like Judi Dench.
    What Is EON Playing At, CR Was A High Point Don't Tell Me We're Now On The Same Old Slippery Slope, And Bond 23 Could Be DAD 2.X-(
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Calm down, milady: it's just the start of silly rumor season.

Thats what everyone said when Daniel Craigs name was mentioned for Bond (then again, that turned out ok IMO ) :))
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,268MI6 Agent
    Well it's a nudge-nudge thing; she gets publicity, they get publicity, that's how it works.

But how many rumours regarding the last film came to fruition? Virtually none. If it's a rumour, it won't happen.

Personally I get the feeling that I spend two years anticipating the film, and that's the main entertainment, then the new movie is a let down.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    I never had much interest in Aniston, but she actually looks better now she's a bit older. Being a 40-something seems to suit her.
  • Mister WhiteMister White The NetherlandsPosts: 814MI6 Agent
    Personally I get the feeling that I spend two years anticipating the film, and that's the main entertainment, then the new movie is a let down.

Shame.

I haven't been let down since TND...:007)
    "Christ, I miss the Cold War."
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,268MI6 Agent
    Really? Then why is it higher than DAD on your Favourites list? :p
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Barry NelsonBarry Nelson ChicagoPosts: 1,508MI6 Agent
    If This Is True (Hope It's Just A Silly Rumor) We'll Of Gone From The Great Eva Green To Jennifer Aniston In A Couple Of Years (

The great Eva Green...yea she really has gone on to stardom since CR.

As for Jennifer Aniston, I hope not.
    The great Eva Green...yea she really has gone on to stardom since CR.

Well, sure, she's no Maryam d'Abo or Tanya Roberts, in terms of sheer superstardom, but...
    I did mean great as in her acting ability not, in her box-office pulling power,In the same way IMHO James Woods is a great actor but in box-office terms he doesn't put many bums on seats.
    Then again she has got a BAFTA so mabey she is good after all :)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,742MI6 Agent
    I don't have a problem with Aniston being in Bond 23. However, I don't think EON is interested in paying the kind of money she demands these days (I think she may be the highest paid female star). I also believe the rumours are all bunk. Things are pretty slow Bond newswise these days...so the tabs will invent news.
    So far we've had Freida Pinto and Jennifer Aniston I'm sure there will be more Every Actress will be leaking to the press about how they were approached for the role.
    Small bit of trivia which i'm sure alot of members know already J Aniston's Godfather was Telly Savalas.
  • TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,280MI6 Agent
    edited March 2009
    It seems that no matter where Jennifer Aniston turns, Angelina Jolie is there lurking in the shadows. According to this report on IGN, the former Lara Croft is in the market for another high-profile franchise to interject herself into and has set her sights on Bond; not only that, but she allegedly wants to be a recurring character (maybe a villain?).

While I'm not high on either actress participating in a Bond film, the thought of the two of them in the same production is interesting, if only in a voyeuristic sort of way. Catfight, anyone?

Full Article:

http://movies.ign.com/articles/965/965449p1.html
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    I hope to God that Angelina Jolie does not become a Bond Girl.

That would truely make the next Bond film less enjoyable. :#
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,280MI6 Agent
    Lexi wrote:
    I hope to God that Angelina Jolie does not become a Bond Girl.

That would truely make the next Bond film less enjoyable. :#

My cheeky remarks notwithstanding, I agree. Jolie brings so much baggage with her and it seems every movie she's on gets turned into a media circus. Publicity is one thing, but I could do without the nightly vapid Bond story on the tabloid TV shows and her possibly upstaging the production thru her very presence.
  • LS176074LS176074 BermudaPosts: 7MI6 Agent
    I think Lena Headley could make a good Bond girl. She did well portraying a tough and hardened Spartan Queen, why not a spy?
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    TonyDP wrote:
    Publicity is one thing, but I could do without the nightly vapid Bond story on the tabloid TV shows and her possibly upstaging the production thru her very presence.

....and I think it would bring Bond to a more "mainstream" level, and Bond is not mainstream. It's a film genre all it's own, and it really doesn't need any "A" list (whatever that means ;) ) stars...especially Angie.

I like the fact that Bond films can cast slightly more obscure actors/actresses - it's what makes them so special - IMNO of course :D
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • Agent WadeAgent Wade Ann ArborPosts: 321MI6 Agent
    Nobody has yet mentioned that it may be a ploy to make Brangelina jealous that poor little stepped-on Aniston gets a shot at immortality with a Bond girl role whether the news be true or not. Honestly, I've only enjoyed Aniston in Office Space. Nothing else she's been in, including that TV show she was in; I forget the name.B-)
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,758MI6 Agent
    Jennifer aniston for Bond? - Please, God. Nooooo!
  • spy009spy009 Posts: 57MI6 Agent
    Not another Denise Richards,did'nt they learn...
    I honestly can't say that I share the trepidation, here. It depends upon the script, and the context of the character, of course, but as I said previously they could do far worse. As an everygirl (a New Yorker? ;) ) drawn into extraordinary circumstances, I think she might be well-cast. As an American re-interpretation of Vivienne Michele, she might work (despite her age)...

That said, I don't think she'll be in a Bond, and I don't think it was ever a real possibility that she was even considered. This entire rumour comes from a brief snippet from In Touch magazine, which (for those who don't know it) makes People magazine look like The Wall Street Journal :(|)
  • Shatterhand67Shatterhand67 Safe HousePosts: 424MI6 Agent
    I think Jennifer Aniston would make a great Bond girl. She would be an age appropriate love interest for Bond and she is in better shape than most 20 year olds. C'mon brothers! She's got a slammin' body. I think she's a pretty darned good actress to.

Yeah, it's probably just a publicity rumor but a rumor I wouldn't mind see coming to fruition.
    "I musht be dreaming."
  • sambwoysambwoy Berkshire, EnglandPosts: 90MI6 Agent
    edited April 2009
    John Drake wrote:
    I never had much interest in Aniston, but she actually looks better now she's a bit older. Being a 40-something seems to suit her.

I agree most definitely. She looks much better these days (well, in her movies anyway). I don't care whatever age she is now. I am a bit of a JA fan too, but was actually never overly keen on her in Friends, but she will be universally be known for that than anything else.

As for a Bond girl? Well, rumour or not, it depends on the character they'd be looking for. If the screen tests prove the producers wrong, we shouldn't be so quick to judge with a flat-out 'No', but 007 films traditionally cast more unknown actresses, but then of course that highlights the issue of having a film series with a strict formula that has been cultivated over 49 years. I think with somebody with a status as big as Aniston sometimes things can just slot well into place. Of course, Denise Richards was eventually cast in a Bond, as was Halle Berry, and before that actresses as big as Raquel Welch had been considered.
  • JimmyBond0129JimmyBond0129 United States Posts: 263MI6 Agent
    edited April 2009
    At least they're not considering somebody ugly like Maggie Gyllenhaal or Katie Holmes. I think Jennifer Aniston is kind of sexy she'd be perfect for the role if the next one took place in New York.
    "I admire your courage, Miss?..." "Trench, Sylvia Trench."

"I admire your luck, Mister?..." "Bond, James Bond."
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    after watching channel friends, sorry, E4 for the last 3 years repeatedly (the missus' choice, not mine i may add) i'm about sick of the sight of any 'friend'.

i'm trying really hard, but i can't actually think of any film where anniston has acted in a believable role.

JA for bond 23? computer says no.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,758MI6 Agent
    I never could see why Aniston is considered to be so hot and beautiful. Sure, she is clearly above averge, but she wasn't even the hottest "Friend"!
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I never could see why Aniston is considered to be so hot and beautiful. Sure, she is clearly above averge, but she wasn't even the hottest "Friend"!

were there any hot girls in friends?
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org