Bond Next Car ?

ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
With the credit crunch and green issues, In Bond 23 should this be reflected, Should Bond drive a toyota Prius or would members have any other suggestions ? :D
He has driven a 2cv, not much protection from flying bullets but great MPG.Even J Bourne copied him by using a mini in the first Bourne Film.( The CIA might not look like they need the money, but even they have to make cuts"
So in the next film sure Bond has to fight Quantum,But think about your carbon footprint James.;)
Although in CR nearly all Bond's chases were on foot,then the rooftop chase in QOS. So mabey he's already augmenting it.
"I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."

Comments

• ak007ak007 LondonPosts: 343MI6 Agent
    the day that bond drives a Prius will be a very sad day. if bond starts to think about his carbon footprint, then he may as well work from home. :)

As For which car he should have next, I would say its time for something different, I love Astons but its time for something new.
    Although looking at the pics of the new one-77, it is immensely good-looking
    http://i316.photobucket.com/albums/mm336/ajk92007/Aston_Martin-One-77_2010_800x6...

I have feelings that Ford may well buy back into the bond series. I think it would be nice if bond just stole a car like the AMC in TMWTGG or alfa in octopussy. Or as you say something alone the lines of the 2cv as long as it is done in a humorus way.
    AllBonds-1.png
  • thesecretagentthesecretagent CornwallPosts: 2,151MI6 Agent
    ak007 wrote:
    the day that bond drives a Prius will be a very sad day. if bond starts to think about his carbon footprint, then he may as well work from home. :)

As For which car he should have next, I would say its time for something different, I love Astons but its time for something new.
    Although looking at the pics of the new one-77, it is immensely good-looking
    http://i316.photobucket.com/albums/mm336/ajk92007/Aston_Martin-One-77_2010_800x6...

I have feelings that Ford may well buy back into the bond series. I think it would be nice if bond just stole a car like the AMC in TMWTGG or alfa in octopussy. Or as you say something alone the lines of the 2cv as long as it is done in a humorus way.

Yeah I like the idea of Bond stealing something good. An Aston one77 is possibly a bit out of MI6's budget, even a budget granting him 170k odd DBS's. Maybe a super-rich villian could have something exotic and Bond could simply help himself. Along with the guy's woman as a nice touch.
    Incidently, I did like him winning the DB5 in CR, technically being the first in the series it answers why the DB5 is his private set of wheels as a mint 1964 DB5 costs more than a new DBS.
    Amazon #1 Bestselling Author. If you enjoy crime, espionage, action and fast-moving thrillers follow this link:

http://apbateman.com
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I agree the new aston is one good looking car,Never warmed to the BMWs always thought they had the wiff of the hairdresser about them.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • eyehateusernameseyehateusernames Posts: 28MI6 Agent
    I'd love to see Bond visit the US and drive a new mustang while there like he has in the past, perhaps the new shelby gt 500: http://www.motorauthority.com/gallery/2010-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500/2010-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-021.html
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    With the credit crunch and green issues, In Bond 23 should this be reflected, Should Bond drive a toyota Prius or would members have any other suggestions ?

yeah, either an aston (preferably) or a bentley.
    Even J Bourne copied him by using a mini in the first Bourne Film

when did bond drive a mini? did i miss something?
    So in the next film sure Bond has to fight Quantum,But think about your carbon footprint James.;)

erm, nah.

i think as far as bond goes, his car needs to reflect his character. british, sophisticated, powerful, good looking and classy.

keep up the great work aston!

but i do think the one-77 isn't bond material, its too expensive and too exclusive for a company car.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • Suave AgentSuave Agent Posts: 50MI6 Agent
    ak007 wrote:
    the day that bond drives a Prius will be a very sad day.

Let's be realistic people he is hardly going downgrade from an Aston to a Toyota by M16.

I wish the car fitted more with the time and era of CR/QOS. I enjoyed seeing the Aston DBS, but it should fit with when the film is based around being. I know they could not have Bond driving the Bentley from the books.
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,686MI6 Agent
  • bondaholic007bondaholic007 LondonPosts: 878MI6 Agent
    We could take some ideas from Obama's presidential car :v

cadillac_one.jpg
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
    Well, it makes sense---what with Obama taking over General Motors :#
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Alec 006Alec 006 Sydney, AustraliaPosts: 211MI6 Agent
    Is anyone else cracking up laughing at the note on the car "so the driver can pay a toll"?

Like that car is ever gonna stop to pay a toll. What knob wrote that?

I saw a Presidential motorcade once (Clinton) in the UK, and that whole convoy was going FAST FAST FAST to lower the risk of attack.

Even on a slow ceremonial motorcade I think tolls etc. might "just possibly - Hah" be sorted out in advance.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
    edited April 2009
    I live in Springfield, Illinois (Abraham Lincoln's hometown), and had the opportunity to watch the Obama Presidential Motorcade scream down the parkway in front of my work back in February, when he was in town to give a speech on Lincoln's 200th birthday...

The city, county and state police blocked off the intersections and the dozen huge black SUVs shot past doing about eighty miles per hour; no exaggeration. Rather than take the much shorter route through town (which admittedly posed much more numerous and varied security/ambush risks), they took the interstate around the city to the hotel where the event was being held.

So, when the rubber meets the road (pun intended!), the carbon footprint will always be a secondary concern; just ask Al Gore, whose private home has the same approximate carbon footprint as all of Belgium.

As for Bond...as long as he isn't worried about his liver, he shouldn't have any regard for his carbon footprint :007)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,698MI6 Agent
    I live in Springfield, Illinois (Abraham Lincoln's hometown), and had the opportunity to watch the Obama Presidential Motorcade scream down the parkway in front of my work back in February, when he was in town to give a speech on Lincoln's 200th birthday...

The city, county and state police blocked off the intersections and the dozen huge black SUVs shot past doing about eighty miles per hour; no exaggeration. Rather than take the much shorter route through town (which admittedly posed much more numerous and varied security/ambush risks), they took the interstate around the city to the hotel where the event was being held.

So, when the rubber meets the road (pun intended!), the carbon footprint will always be a secondary concern; just ask Al Gore, whose private home has the same approximate carbon footprint as all of Belgium.

As for Bond...as long as he isn't worried about his liver, he shouldn't have any regard for his carbon footprint :007)

Not to hijack the subject, but times have changed. When George Bush Jr was running for his first term in 2000 he made a speech at a local high school. He and his motorcade drove right past my job. They were going no more then 35 or 40 MPH. Not many people knew what route he was taking back to his jet so not many people were watching. A couple firefighters were on the sidewalk as Bushes motorcade past. Bush had the window half way down and i could clearly see him from my checkstand. He even gave a half wave at the firefighters wave at him. Kind of a cool moment for me to. Never been that close to a President or a nominee.

Now back to the topic.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • jorgemjorgem DTWPosts: 98MI6 Agent
    How about a Plymouth Horizon?
    Jorgem, he is MI6 British Secret Service.
    A Plymouth? The UK Government would never use an American car, sorry.
    It'd be like putting Obama in a Rolls Royce.
    Oscar Wilde
  • Aston Martin DBSAston Martin DBS Derbyshire, EnglandPosts: 659MI6 Agent
    Alec 006 wrote:

But aren't Rolls a German company now??
    "NEVER SAY NO TO ADVENTURES." Ian Fleming
    I'd love to see Bond visit the US and drive a new mustang while there like he has in the past, perhaps the new shelby gt 500: http://www.motorauthority.com/gallery/2010-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500/2010-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-021.html

Sorry - Mustangs are too blue collar for Bond... The new ones at least.
    Amazon #1 Bestselling Author. If you enjoy crime, espionage, action and fast-moving thrillers follow this link:

emtiem wrote:

The fllet steak of the DBS to the cheeseburger of the Indian owned Jag, I'm not so sure...

Alec 006 wrote:

Rover, surely...

• shaken66shaken66 california usaPosts: 155MI6 Agent
    I don't know, if I'm JB I'm thinking I couldn't get those hot looking little black Alfa 159's off my 12-cylinder Aston's ass, they get great gas mileage, no problem with finding a parking space, and I can take the savings and buy at least two Tom Ford suits (or a house in some parts of the world)!
    "How did he die?"
    "Your contact?" "Not well."
    edited April 2009
    Haha, nice try Aston Martin DBS {:)

It's like saying the Jag is Indian though, I don't care who owns what in the world nowadays, I mean Bond's Omega watch is now made within the Swatch organisation.

In fact wasn't the "new" Bond himself born in Berlin in then West Germany, today actually in 1968. Happy Birthday James.
    Rolls Royce has always been iconically British.
    Cadillac? Errr less so.

You get my drift.
    Oscar Wilde
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited April 2009
    [
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Alec 006 wrote:

Rolls Royce plc belonged to Volkswagen since 1998 and in 2003 they went to BMW with a 100% ;)

edited April 2009
    I get your point Bondtoys but as I said I don't care who owns what. -{ Of course I bet it has been a blessing for the quality of the product every time a UK car company has BMW or VW interest in it. The new "German" Minis are cool.
    Volvo for example are hardly American, just because they are now owned by General Motors.
    Rolls Royce are mostly hand-made in the UK. My point is they are "iconically" British.
    The royal family in the UK are a mixed breed with a lot of old German heritage, the UK taxpayer still has to pay for them.

I just think the franchise won't be putting James Bond in a "foreign" motor anytime soon.
    The Z3 etc. of Brosnan's tenure was a promotional balls up. I am really liking the realism of Craig's Bond. So we should really ask not would Bond drive a Caddy, but would a UK government agency put their staff in one? I think unless it's part of a cover the answer is a big fat civil service "Nope".
    Oscar Wilde
    I must add though Bondtoys, as a huge fan of German cars myself I LOVE the Lambourghi Gallardo (under Audi's parenthood), but the world still thinks it Italian, and the Bugatti Veyron (in all reality a Volkswagen) B-)
    Awesome stuff.
    I am lucky enough to be in Germany later this spring, REALLY looking forward to it. Mercedes and Porsche Museums here I come.{[]
    Oscar Wilde
    Alec 006 wrote:
    I get your point Bondtoys but as I said I don't care who owns what. -{ Of course I bet it has been a blessing for the quality of the product every time a UK car company has BMW or VW interest in it. The new "German" Minis are cool.
    Volvo for example are hardly American, just because they are now owned by General Motors.
    Rolls Royce are mostly hand-made in the UK. My point is they are "iconically" British.
    The royal family in the UK are a mixed breed with a lot of old German heritage, the UK taxpayer still has to pay for them.

I just think the franchise won't be putting James Bond in a "foreign" motor anytime soon.
    The Z3 etc. of Brosnan's tenure was a promotional balls up. I am really liking the realism of Craig's Bond. So we should really ask not would Bond drive a Caddy, but would a UK government agency put their staff in one? I think unless it's part of a cover the answer is a big fat civil service "Nope".

Careful Alec 006 - you're on dodgy ground here. Bringing up the long dated Germanic bloodline of our Royal Family would be like me pointing out the origins of the Australian bloodline...

• ak007ak007 LondonPosts: 343MI6 Agent
    how about the new The Lotus Evora ?
    Lotus-Evora_2010_800x600_wallpaper_.jpg
    AllBonds-1.png
  • Moonraker 5Moonraker 5 Ayrshire, ScotlandPosts: 1,821MI6 Agent
    Mr Martini wrote:
    Not to hijack the subject...
    Me neither, but my best friend (who lived in Aberdeenshire at the time) saw HM Queen drive, and reverse park, her Land Rover Defender (private plate, ended in RYV) in Ballater high street in August last year...

Anyway, as for the subject, XF coupé, or why not the XK?? Stunning car, and in my opinion better looking :o and classier :o than the Aston V8 Vantage...
    unitedkingdom.png
    edited April 2009
    Alec 006 wrote:
    I must add though Bondtoys, as a huge fan of German cars myself I LOVE the Lambourghi Gallardo (under Audi's parenthood), but the world still thinks it Italian, and the Bugatti Veyron (in all reality a Volkswagen) B-)
    Awesome stuff.
    I am lucky enough to be in Germany later this spring, REALLY looking forward to it. Mercedes and Porsche Museums here I come.{[]

Volvo still belongs to Ford.. ;)

You must see the Porsche and the Mercedes museum! A lot of Aussies there, too!

• Moonraker 5Moonraker 5 Ayrshire, ScotlandPosts: 1,821MI6 Agent
    edited April 2009
    Bondtoys wrote:
    Alec 006 wrote:

Rolls Royce plc belonged to Volkswagen since 1998 and in 2003 they went to BMW with a 100% ;)
    It's still built here though, it is its quintessential Englishness that propels the brand, which is German owned. Just like Jaguar Land Rover is under Indian ownership, doesn't make them any less British built. Just like Chrysler belonged to Daimler AG, but no one would've said it was German during that time.

You can own a brand (and I don't argue against that, by the way, BMW were the best thing to happen to Rolls and Mini), but you can't really own it's soul ;)
    unitedkingdom.png
    edited April 2009
    Perfectly put Moonraker.

Love the Jaguar XKR, that could be very Bond, and never seen that Lotus before, but have to say I wouldn't throw it out of my garage for taking up a parking spot -{
    Oscar Wilde