Daniel Craig

JimmyBond0129JimmyBond0129 United States Posts: 263MI6 Agent
What do you think of Daniel Craig so far? I like him because he's the most physically violent Bond actor in the series but I can understand why people don't like him. Craig has the tendency to be scruffy looking sometimes and I guess everybody got use to seeing stylish James Bonds.
"I admire your courage, Miss?..." "Trench, Sylvia Trench."

"I admire your luck, Mister?..." "Bond, James Bond."

Comments

• Cynjin SmythCynjin Smyth Rocky MountiansPosts: 98MI6 Agent
    I like DC as Bond I think it's nice to see a more regular looking guy as Bond. I seem to recall that the Fleming's Bond was the type to be able to just blend in with the crowd if needed. I think this Bond is more ruthless and more of a physical fighter than previous Bonds. I wouldn't say that he is the best but out of all the actors to play Bond he is now become a fav. of mine.
    Bond: You don't think I enjoyed what we did this evening, do you? What I did tonight was for King and country! You don't think it gave me any pleasure, do you?
    Fiona: But of course, I forgot your ego, Mr. Bond. James Bond, who only has to make love to a woman and she starts to hear heavenly choirs singing.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Daniel Craig has done a great job at re-inventing the character for the new series, more physical and violent but also more human,Although i didn't like QOS his performance was as good as ever.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Suave AgentSuave Agent Posts: 50MI6 Agent
    edited April 2009
    Daniel Craig is my favourite Bond for the reason he has taken the character further then any of the other Bonds could.

People can buy the clothes, except his Tom Ford line :p but can find alternatives and this makes people feel more like Bond. He is more what you would expect a MI6 operative to be like (similar to Bourne). Bond is no longer wrapped in bubble wrap like Moore, DC Bond gets hurt. He has no fancy gadgets.
  • 84208420 Posts: 721MI6 Agent
    Best bond yet IMO. He has done a great job! :)
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    8420 wrote:
    ditto
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
    edited April 2009
    8420 wrote:
    ditto

It's the spirit of the Fleming books which I think Craig brings to life...and I'd nearly given up all hope of ever seeing that Bond. But during the torture scene in CR...Daniel Craig took full ownership of the role for me. My sig says it all ;)

No disrespect to the great Sir Sean Connery :007) He'll always be the first...and I might eventually consider him 'the best' once again, when the intoxication of the moment has passed. He was the originator of the role...

But Craig is the second originator, for me---that's how pivotal his casting and performances have been so far, at least in my own personal opinion. Naturally, the remainder of his tenure will tell the final tale on how influential he was to the franchise as a whole.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • shaken66shaken66 california usaPosts: 155MI6 Agent
    He's certainly not tall, dark, and handsome and after Connery isn't that what we imagined the character to be? But like Bogart, he has a presence, style and physicality which jump off the screen. He also brings a depth of emotion (when given the chance) unmatched even by Connery or by Dalton. Sean is still the scentimental favorite but God is Craig good!
    "How did he die?"
    "Your contact?" "Not well."