If The Producers Decided...

JimmyBond0129JimmyBond0129 United States Posts: 263MI6 Agent
They were gonna end the James Bond movie franchise with Quantum of Solace would you be happy with their decision or would you be upset?
"I admire your courage, Miss?..." "Trench, Sylvia Trench."

"I admire your luck, Mister?..." "Bond, James Bond."

Comments

• walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    really upset, because Quantum's ending, however great, really wasnt the ending i would want for the entire series, it needs to end for me on a much grander scale and be a very uplifting ending to the franchise and close out on a great, classic rendition of the Bond theme much like CR.
  • JimmyBond0129JimmyBond0129 United States Posts: 263MI6 Agent
    really upset, because Quantum's ending, however great, really wasnt the ending i would want for the entire series, it needs to end for me on a much grander scale and be a very uplifting ending to the franchise and close out on a great, classic rendition of the Bond theme much like CR.

Personally I want them to continue making Bond films for a very long time but I think it'll be hard for them to do so because every Bond novel has been made into a movie.
    "I admire your courage, Miss?..." "Trench, Sylvia Trench."

"I admire your luck, Mister?..." "Bond, James Bond."
  • Alec 006Alec 006 Sydney, AustraliaPosts: 211MI6 Agent
    Jimmy that is a bit of a stretch mate.
    For a start you are in a Bond Fan community here so what answers are you expecting?
    Secondly the owners of the franchise are sitting on a multi-million dollar golden egg laying goose. They are gonna keep popping them out until there's no money in it.
    I just hope the evolution keeps it real. I think we actually have to thank Bourne for giving it a shake up.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,058Chief of Staff
    Personally I want them to continue making Bond films for a very long time but I think it'll be hard for them to do so because every Bond novel has been made into a movie.

Firstly, I too want them to continue making the films, my main complaint being that the time between them has grown longer and longer (I'm old enough to remember them being yearly).

Secondly, some of the novels have been made into films in name only (yes, I'm talking about you, TSWLM) and there's a select few Fleming setpieces which haven't as yet been filmed (Bond's battle with the giant squid, Blofeld/Shatterhand's Castle Of Death, Spectreville, etc) and these have been the subject of a thread or two on this site.

Thirdly, although all the Fleming novel titles have been used there are still a few short story titles available- my personal choice being "The Property Of A Lady". Not the greatest title Fleming ever thought of, but twenty years ago who would have thought "Quantum Of Solace" would ever be used?

Fourthly, there are always the continuation novels by Amis, Gardner, etc ("Nobody Lives Forever" has always struck me as a good title). Michael Wilson is on record as saying that EON won't go there, but you never know.

And lastly, the dearth of Fleming titles hasn't worried them in the past (LTK, GE, TND, TWINE, DAD) and is unlikely to do do in the future.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    If the producers stoped the series I'd be upset but then again It would give the chance to another production company to buy the rights and either begin again or continue,Either way I can't see Bond stopping.That is until reading eon want to do other projects so taking their eye off the series,I'd rather they tried to make the best Bond film they could rather than stroke their ego's by trying other things,and streching the time out between Movies up to three years now.:#
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • LOO7K OUTLOO7K OUT United KingdomPosts: 474MI6 Agent
    To be honest, I think the Movies will keeep going as long as Barbara does. I can see MGW getting tired of the business in the next feew years and retiring, but BB seems to have a genuine hunger to keep going.

Bond hasn't been so cool in the publics eyes since Thunderball, so there's plenty of lead in the 007 pencil yet methinks.

DC