Re: Tributes Thread

Marie Fredriksson, half of the band Roxette,  died today after a long period of illness. Many of us remember their hits in the 1990's.
Here's one of them - Almost unreal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El7GVPUl-r0

Actor Nicky Henson has sadly died aged 74, he was in a few cult films like Witchfinder General and Psychomania, though more recently appeared in EastEnders and Coronation Street RIP.

Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".

RIP Nicky Henson he also was in one of the funniest
Faulty Towers episodes.

Thunderpussy wrote:

RIP Nicky Henson he also was in one of the funniest
Faulty Towers episodes.

Yes, his episode was certainly one of my favourites.

He also had a decent part in one of my 'guilty pleasure' films, Mosquito Squadron, as navigator to David McCallum's character.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BNDMwNGUxNGYtODdjMi00YWRlLWJjMDYtMzJjMmIxNTEyMzcyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjU4NzU2OTA@._V1_.jpg

kung fu star Chen Sing died in sept

Also 20 yrs since Q died  ajb007/heart

Claudine Auger has died yesterday in Paris.

RiP, Domino

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

RIP Claudine Auger, One of the most beautiful Bond girls ever.

RIP Claudine

Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"

RIP Claudine Auger

Domino was a character that took quite a while to grow on me. And I think it is because I've always been a big fan of Molly Peters and Luciana Paluzzi's roles in Thunderball that Claudine Auger never stood out to me so much. But in recent years I've really come to appreciate her role in Thunderball more. And looking through all of the behind the scenes and promotional stills on Thunderballs.org has also helped grow my appreciation  ajb007/tongue .

RIP Claudine

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."

RIP Claudine, yes one of the most beautiful Bond girls and if I’m not mistaken, the first main Bond girl to pass away?

RIP Beautiful Claudine.

"Any of the opposition around..?"

Very sad to hear of the death of Claudine Auger. She was my favourite Bond girl. Such a beautiful lady.  ajb007/martini

Writer/Director @ The Bondologist Blog (TBB)
On Twitter: @Dragonpol 
'Like' TBB on FB: TBB Update Page
"The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

Hard to believe its been 20 years since Desmond Llewelyn (Q) left us,  I still remember reading about his death from a car accident online despite the passage of time. It was a big shock to me, especially since I had just read his autobiography a month before. I like to think he and Sir Roger Moore are once again sharing a good laugh in Heaven.

PPK 7.65mm wrote:

I like to think he and Sir Roger Moore are once again sharing a good laugh in Heaven.

I can't help thinking that it is mostly Roger having a good laugh at Desmond's expense.  ajb007/lol

I think they're still tirelessly advocating the Bond films and are pushing st Peter for a special celestial screening of TSWLM  ajb007/bond  ajb007/biggrin

Martin Peters, England World Cup winner and West Ham player has died aged 76, RIP

More sad Christmas tidings I’m afraid, actor Tony Britten, so good in the Day of the Jackal but perhaps more well known to the younger generation as Fern’s father, has died aged 95 RIP.

20 yrs ago : Yuri Borienko RIP

Ari Behn , ex hubbie of Norways princess Martha , suicide

Last edited by Grindelwald (26th Dec 2019 01:58)

I always thought Claudine was born in '42 , maybe Bianchi was born in '42 , one of the other Bond girls anyway  ajb007/confused

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWmA8XhUFiM

Last edited by Grindelwald (27th Dec 2019 07:46)

Congratulations  to Sam Mendes on becoming a knight. ajb007/martini

Sue Lyon, the titular Lolita in Kubrick’s film has died aged 73, RIP.

Grindelwald wrote:

Ari Behn , ex hubbie of Norways princess Martha , suicide

The country and the royal family has lost a very colourful man. To use the title of his best known book, I feel "Sad a s hell".

RIP Neil Innes - often referred to as ‘the seventh python’ (as in Monty Python)…a great musician and songwriter...thought he was brilliant in The Rutles  ajb007/martini

YNWA 96

The Unbearables

RIP Neil Innes, I fondly remember him in a kids show called Puddle Lane.