Who's Online

JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
I know SiCo is busy, and I hate putting pressure on people, but I really do think the 'whos online' feature should return asap. Just because it is so useful. I miss looking at who is replying to certain topics, who is replying to my pms etc etc.

I also think the favourite films feature should return too. Who's online more urgent though I think.

Just my opinion, hope I'm not off the mark by saying it.
1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby

Comments

• darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    Your'e not off the mark...I miss the feature, too. It was especially helpful to me since oftentimes someone will be perusing a thread that sounds interesting to me of which I was either unaware of or had forgotten about.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    ?:) I can see a "currently online" field at the front page
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    Bondtoys wrote:
    ?:) I can see a "currently online" field at the front page
    They're referring to the old feature where you could determine what people were actually doing; which thread they were reading, or replying to, whether they were reading or sending a PM or whether they were in the private forum that is closed to us ordinary folk.
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
    :o I did not even know, that such a thing existed. And there is a private AJB club, that is not for the ordinary people and I am not invited! I am shocked and sad :o :#

Bondtoys wrote:
    :o I did not even know, that such a thing existed. And there is a private AJB club, that is not for the ordinary people and I am not invited! I am shocked and sad :o :#
    I'm with you there. :# Actually, I think it's only for mods and the like.

Regarding the who's online feature, I think it is extremely useful. Not only for the reasons that Darenhat outlined, but also because sometimes I might be waiting for a response to a particular post and I don't want to wait for ever on the off chance that it'll be replied to. It lets me know whether or not I should go to bed or whether I should wait until the other member has completed his reply.
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,270MI6 Agent
    "I do wish that Dan Same would get to bed, he spends ages on that computer..."

b0006150.jpg
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    edited August 2009

b0006150.jpg
    With someone like her, you can rest assured that you would be seeing less of me. :v :)) (She's beautiful BTW.)
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    Case in Point...if we had access to the Who's Online feature, we would be able to tell how many many people were now viewing NP's last post - and for how long!

b0006150.jpg

now that he's seeing the pic - right the opposite happens. DS can't get off his computer any more :D

Bondtoys wrote:

b0006150.jpg

now that he's seeing the pic - right the opposite happens. DS can't get off his computer any more :D
    :)) As a matter of fact, you're not far from the truth. :D (I actually have some other stuff to do, but I'm not taking care of the other stuff as quickly as I would if I hadn't seen this picture. ;) )
    Well as long as you refrain from doing some "stuff" while watching the pic, I am perfectly ok ;)

Bondtoys wrote:
    Well as long as you refrain from doing some "stuff" while watching the pic, I am perfectly ok ;)
    You have a dirty mind. :v :))
    What's wrong by having 'eating Pizza' in mind? :p

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,519Chief of Staff
    Bondtoys wrote:
    What's wrong by having 'eating Pizza' in mind? :p

So that's what the kids call it now, is it ? 'Eating pizza' :))
    YNWA 97
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    darenhat wrote:
    Case in Point...if we had access to the Who's Online feature, we would be able to tell how many many people were now viewing NP's last post - and for how long!

If this is brought back, is it possible to have an "invisible mode?" Don't want everyone to know what I'm looking at, and for how long.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,989Quartermasters
    edited August 2009
    There used to be a 'private' option, which identified such people as 'Private User' (if I remember correctly) on the 'Who's Online' screen...superado was always a 'stealth' browser :v {:)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    You'd need it in case anyone caught you reading my QoS laughfest thread, Loeffs! :D

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,989Quartermasters
    Going fishing doesn't guarantee fish for dinner... ;)

Actually, I haven't read it, except for the first paragraph. When you talk about somebody in particular losing their lunch, it put me off---I'm having a hard enough time eating these days, so no thanks.

I'm sure, as always, that you're in top form, though {[]
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    Well, no offense meant Loeffs! Mind you, I did place a few jokes in there I thought you'd actually enjoy, so when you're feeling stronger... :)

Roger Moore 1927-2017