Blofeld anyone?....

EDOG51EDOG51 EnglandPosts: 29MI6 Agent
Im sure you have all heard the rumour surrounding Michael Sheen potentially playining Blofeld in the new bond film. I have thought about this for a while and the more i think about it the more i start to think that sheen as a bond villian is an idea i like, although sheen as Blofeld isnt something i cant see working, even tho he is a mighty fine actor. So i did actually come up with a mad idea... Mr.White so far has made appearances in the last 2 movies yet we still know very little about him apart from the fact that he is in someway connected with QUANTUM. My idea is that in the early stages of the new film a major accident could occur where Mr.White is severely injured and burned leaving him badly disfigured, and throughout the film he is recouperated under the watchful eye of QUANTUM, where we learn more about his background and how important he actually is. The major twist could come later in the film where we learn that Mr.White is his code name within QUANTUM, his full name is infact Ernst Stavro Blofeld!!!!!:o with all of craigs films so far being reboots i feel learning where the franchise's biggest villain came from could work perfectly.

what do u think?

Comments

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    I don't think Eon will resurrect Blofeld. The heights have been reached and are considered classics, the only way I can see Blofeld returning is if they remake earlier films, and I hope that never happens.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • thesecretagentthesecretagent CornwallPosts: 2,151MI6 Agent
    I think with the Quantum thread there's the potential to reach a Blofeld type character (less the white cat) that we have not yet seen. Mr. White may well be no.2 or no. 3 so to speak.
    I don't want to see Blofeld either, anyway, isn't he still down that chimney stack?
    Amazon #1 Bestselling Author. If you enjoy crime, espionage, action and fast-moving thrillers follow this link:

http://apbateman.com
  • InfernorhythmInfernorhythm Los AngelesPosts: 88MI6 Agent
    I honestly don't want to see Blofeld. I did a post a month or so ago on how SPECTRE isn't a great villain concept in the films, and that QUANTUM is much more fitting for the modern era. Same with Blofeld. He just really doesn't fit, and to be honest, I think he really was used past his prime in the films. After OHMSS he just seemed forced in. I get that he is Bond's archenemy, but he really doesn't work for me. I'd rather see a new original villain that fits the story rather than one put into the mix that doesn't fit.
    "You're both, what's the expression? Damaged goods."
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    I don't want Blofeld to return - sure, he was a great character. But he however belonged to the Connery (and Lazenby) era. What's done is done. It's in the past and some things are best left untouched, simple as.

However, I'm all for a Blofeld-like character, as the head of Quantum. So long as he isn't named Blofeld.
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    Jarvio wrote:
    I don't want Blofeld to return - sure, he was a great character. But he however belonged to the Connery (and Lazenby) era. What's done is done. It's in the past and some things are best left untouched, simple as.

However, I'm all for a Blofeld-like character, as the head of Quantum. So long as he isn't named Blofeld.
    I comletely agree. :D Blofeld was awesome (and IMO the greatest Bond villain of all time), but his time is past and I think it's time to move on.
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • mrbondmrbond Posts: 296MI6 Agent
    Don't want Blofeld back
    Don't mind Mr White but don't want him to have a white cat he was great as he was. Could have been more menacing or arrogant mabye
  • LukeLuke USAPosts: 99MI6 Agent
    I don't want Blofeld back during this Craig period. Who knows what the next era will produce, but Dan's Bond is streamed for quantum and wherever that leads. As others have mentioned, SPECTRE would not work in the 21st century. Let's let that rest for now.
    It's all right. It's quite all right, really. She's having a rest. We'll be going on soon. There's no hurry, you see. We have all the time in the world.
  • 72897289 Beau DesertPosts: 1,691MI6 Agent
    IMHO Spectre was overused in the original films. It's not interesting to see oo7 always up against the same villiany every time he steps out. Spectre got progressively repetitive and in YOLT reached near comic levels with Donald Pleasance and the piranha fish.

That said decent villians have been a real problem for the producers after Auric Goldfinger......

I'm hoping that after QOS Bond tackles an enemy NOT related to Quantum, but similiar to Dr. No or the literary Mr. Big.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    7289 wrote:
    IMHO Spectre was overused in the original films. It's not interesting to see oo7 always up against the same villiany every time he steps out. Spectre got progressively repetitive and in YOLT reached near comic levels with Donald Pleasance and the piranha fish.

That said decent villians have been a real problem for the producers after Auric Goldfinger......

I'm hoping that after QOS Bond tackles an enemy NOT related to Quantum, but similiar to Dr. No or the literary Mr. Big.

The great thing about Quantum right now---at least for me---is that it's still quite nebulous and undefined, with its fingers into apparently everything; quite different from SPECTRE, where we got the cat and the voice, and a more conventionally structured organization. I think Craig can deal with Quantum for another couple of films before the series risks a sense of repetition.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    Quantum at this moment seems a mirror image of Spectre at the end of FRWL, at that time all we knew about Spectre was that it was an international organization dedicated to making money through nefarious means. Rather than Mr. White we had "Number 1" with his soon to be iconic cat.

Thunderball picked up where FRWL left off, only Spectre was more insititutional, with membership rings, numerous evil plottings and a ultra modern board room. While the writers managed to keep Blofeld an enigma (using a mixture of two actors) Spectre emerged as a full fleged organization with assets to rival Bond's own MI6.

Given the tendancies of EON, and their staff writers to continually repeat senarios, I think if Quantum is allowed continue as the target of the Bond's missions someone is going to pop up with a bald head and a cat - LeChiffre had the wounded eyeball already. I would hate to see DC's Bond travel down a path more suited for David Niven or Austin Powers.

A path that allows more creative license would be a villian who prehaps pirates ships off the coast of Africa, or an ostensive "good guy" with a super missle which will bring peace to the world, or better yet - a mafia type villian attempting to laundry stolen gold via a "voodoo" controlled cult!
    edited November 2009
    Quantum could be behind any of those activities... :v I think the Somali pirate thing absolutely cries out for the Bond treatment; great idea, that {[]

I actually like the use of an organization. Bond hasn't really faced one in a multiple-picture arc since the Sixties. Having a string of freelance solo villains certainly doesn't guarantee classic (or even good) Bond, IMO.

Either way, Quantum will cast a shadow over #23. If it's not a part of the story, the audience will expect it to be until the denouement wraps---or at least those of us not overly 'spoilered up' will expect it... :))
    Ahhh! Quantum casting a shadow....I really like that idea!

I would also like to see another brief glimpse of Vesper, prehaps in a photo from Venice somewhere in Bond 23. I would argue that the one thing that should haunt DC's Bond through out his run should be the memory of Vesper.... pass the Kina Lillet!!!
  • Ask Dr NoAsk Dr No look behind you...Posts: 111MI6 Agent
    I think that an idea of Blofeld coming back is just awful! I was pretty disillusioned when Blofeld came back in FYEO, mainly because it would have seemed better if Bond had had his revenge closer to the death of Tracy, in the end of DAF, as I thought he did in the bathosubm, when I first saw it. The cut version that featured Bond chasing Blofeld, resulting in a fight to the death at a salt mine, where Bond kills Blofeld, would have suited even better. Also, the whole Blofeld bit was Connery's and Lazenby's.

However, I thing Mr White would make a great head of QUANTUM and Blofeld like character. And, like with Goldfinger, resulting in a break from SPECTRE, I would enjoy to take a movie break from QUANTUM. Devil May Care, I think, would fit in nicely, (but without Mathis since they already killed him). :v

{[]
    "Oh look! Parachutes for the both of us! Whoops, not anymore!"
    "You see Mr Bond. You can't kill my dreams. But my dreams can kill you!"
    "Time to face destiny."
    -Gaustav Graves in Die Another Day-
  • The NumberThe Number Posts: 16MI6 Agent
    I would very much enjoy a Blofeld like character but I am some what divided if we should use Blofeld.

On one note if they Modernize him ala what the Dark Knight did for The Joker (Not make him like the Joker, but make him less campy and more sinister) then it might work well. After all he is the end all be all villain in the Bond-verse.

But on the other hand part of me wishes to see something new, fresh, imaginative. As you can see I am quite divided.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,272MI6 Agent
    The problem is uncertainty over Craig's tenure. He may do one more movie, or two. But to introduce Blofeld cries out for some long-term treatment over several movies and the producers never really have a five year plan, it's all a bit piecemeal.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    The problem is uncertainty over Craig's tenure. He may do one more movie, or two. But to introduce Blofeld cries out for some long-term treatment over several movies and the producers never really have a five year plan, it's all a bit piecemeal.

I think you're right, NP. For better or worse, I think Quantum (and their featured employee/leader of the moment) will be Craig's foils for the duration of his run. If they're going to be serious about Blofeld, they should probably sync it up with the next actor---if they do it at all, and I'm far from certain they ever will.

I think you're right, NP.

Thanks you Loeffs. :) Here's a cool picture for you:

afp20100101235802585.jpg

Of course, in a way Blofeld never featured in the Bond films, at least not the Blofeld of the books who had a crew cut not a bald head, was Polish and bulky, and never had a white cat (that we know of). So you could use such a guy and just not call him Blofeld. But this is all a bit hypothetical.

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • fire and icefire and ice EarthPosts: 149MI6 Agent
    blofeld to me was always best when a shadowy figure in from russia with love and thunderball. getting his minions to do his bidding. only actor i think that did a great job when we saw more of the charactor was telly savales. think blofeld would fit well in craigs world tho rather heard and not seen... well we can see his hand and white cat :-)
    '...exceptionally fine shot...'
  • dr. evan-gelistdr. evan-gelist SheffieldPosts: 398MI6 Agent
    being a shakespeare fan i think ben kingsley should be blofeld. the bond films have used lots of shakespearian actors before. (timothy dalton, judi dench, sean bean, julian glover, john-rhys davies, jonathan pryce, toby stephens).
    "You're in the wrong business... leave it to the professionals!"
    James Bond- Licence To Kill
  • Colonel ShatnerColonel Shatner Chavtastic Bristol, BritainPosts: 574MI6 Agent
    If Quantum comes back and depicted on a similar scale to SPECTRE in Dr. No or YOLT, instead of having a Ken Adam designed tropical island complex with slanted walls and manned by jumpsuited Asian men, have a secret lair that's more like an updated Greenbrier type facility which is manned by Quantum forces that are similar to the US contracted mercenaries in recent years. Fun villainy without going into Roger Moore/GI Joe camp.
    'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...'

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    I think that Ralph Finnes will be Blofeld. Shaved head, pussy cat, the works. However, I also think that this will be a minor role, revealed at the end of the movie. Perhaps SF will be the first in a new Blofeld trilogy.
  • pyratpyrat Posts: 260MI6 Agent
    Bond and Blofeld are kind of like Holmes and Moriarty. Can you have one without the other? Finnes as Blofeld might be interesting.

I would point out that Fleming brought SPECTRE into the novels as a reaction to lessening of tensions between the west and the Soviets and if you recall the SPECTRE meeting scene in Thunderball, it was obvious they were involved in a great many things, much like the Quantum organization and the intelligence community apparently has no idea about the existence of the organization until Bond encounters Dr. No, so there are a number of similarities between the two organizations.
    Pyrat
    Reflections in a double bourbon...
  • Thomas-CrownThomas-Crown London, KnightsbridgePosts: 156MI6 Agent
    Personally, I would like to see Blofeld back... It is hard to imagine anyone running the Quantum Organisation than the (seemingly) immortal Blofeld.

Near the end of QoS - Bond asked very specific questions about the Quantum Organisation. We don't know what was asked but Greene's reply was "I told you what you wanted to know about Quantum". I guess it is safe to assume one of the question Bond asked Greene was who is running Quantum.
    Never theorize before you have data. Invariably, you end up twisting facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.
  • pyratpyrat Posts: 260MI6 Agent
    Since CR was a reboot of the series, theoretically, any previous character is available. I think going this direction en mass would be a bad idea, but certain characters might be doable.
    Pyrat
    Reflections in a double bourbon...
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    If Blofeld is to return (and I am highly skeptical), I'd like to see a "new model." No bald head, no white cat (well, one can be around but he doesn't have to hold it all the time). . .give us the kind of evil we've never seen before!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • WildeWilde Oxford, UKPosts: 621MI6 Agent
    Hardyboy wrote:
    give us the kind of evil we've never seen before!

Already a work in progress, old boy. It's called HAARP.
  • QuistQuist Posts: 61MI6 Agent
    If they made his main objective just a huge financial gain rather than world domination I think that would help. Also just bringing the character down to a more realistic level by changing his appearence and making him just a very ruthless and vicious gangster who is starting out. Even other criminals could fear him because he's not afraid to go that one step further. Like a sort of Keyser Soze type.
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    Quist wrote:
    If they made his main objective just a huge financial gain rather than world domination I think that would help. Also just bringing the character down to a more realistic level by changing his appearence and making him just a very ruthless and vicious gangster who is starting out. Even other criminals could fear him because he's not afraid to go that one step further. Like a sort of Keyser Soze type.

Kind of sounds like The Joker from The Dark Knight also.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • icsics Posts: 1,413MI6 Agent
    Blofeld was killed by the Austin Powers movie – thanks but no thanks