Re: When the police stop Bond in Bolivia...

To youknowthename, at least you took my post in the nature I intended,after all we're Just talking Movies. ajb007/lol
But for others, I can only apologise to all I've offended by leaving out the word VIRTUALLY , e.g. Virtually every other fan etc. I would of thought most could of worked out for themselves my meaning ,Then again thats the diffrence with written statments and the spoken word. I alwas thought of this forum being like a local pub where friends could meet up to discuss events.Seems I was wrong Grammar and pricese details on all corispondance is needed, syntax must be correct and no spelling mistakes can be allowed ajb007/lol
So now all I can add is That I was Totally wrong QOS is with out question the Citizen Kane of Bond movies.The cinematography is Quite stunning and the editing a master piece.What can I say about the script why it didn't get an Oscar nomination I cant think.
Please once again accept my most Contrite apologies I didn't have a great education and my grammer is usually betterer than this. So I'll call this my Swan song on the Bond Movies ajb007/martini
If Bond needed some cash and then move on ,why didn't he take the cops wallets after all their in the pay of Greene I sure he pays well.Infact why not tap Camille for a few quid. ajb007/lol

Last edited by Thunderpussy (1st Nov 2009 19:26)

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

Thunderpussy wrote:

Now if some one could clearly explain how Bond flips the speedboat I'd be a happy man.

I'd like to know how he flipped the boat too.  I watched it in slow motion and still it doesn't make much sense.:s  I don't really see what the anchor had to do with it.

I thought I noticed a SPECTRE at your shoulder.

Dangerman009 wrote:
Thunderpussy wrote:

Now if some one could clearly explain how Bond flips the speedboat I'd be a happy man.

I'd like to know how he flipped the boat too.  I watched it in slow motion and still it doesn't make much sense.:s  I don't really see what the anchor had to do with it.

Have QOS on BlueRay and it's pretty clear on HD tv. The RIB powers up onto the stern of Bond's dory and gets stuck. Bond throws his anchor up onto the RIB where it "conveniently" holds fast. Bond accelerates, the anchor rope pulls tight, and inertia pulls the RIB's curved prow down into the water (Bond's stern is lower, therefore creating an angle). The moment the foward forces of the moving boat (irresistable force) initiate against the stationary water (imovable object), the decceleration flips the boat over.

Amazon #1 Bestselling Author. If you enjoy crime, espionage, action and fast-moving thrillers follow this link:

http://apbateman.com

Thunderpussy wrote:

But for others, I can only apologise to all I've offended by leaving out the word VIRTUALLY , e.g. Virtually every other fan etc.

Apology accepted.

YNWA: Justice For The 96

The Joy Of 6

Thunderpussy wrote:

Sure I also Think Golden Gun is one of the weakest Bonds,Hate the Whistle and schoolgirls as well But I also Hate, The lingering shot between the girls legs at the hotel

Absolutely.  Heaven forbid that TMWTGG has gratuitous close ups of girls' erogenous zones in tight underwear.  For example, that close up of the Asian girl's backside rising into shot, accompanied by a leery guitar note, was entirely relevant to the plot.

I also apologise for editing the quote from your original post; I just tried to make it resemble the English language a little more closely.  Sorry if it's not exactly accurate.

Founder of the Wint & Kidd Appreciation Society.

@merseytart

thesecretagent wrote:

...The RIB powers up onto the stern of Bond's dory and gets stuck. Bond throws his anchor up onto the RIB where it "conveniently" holds fast. Bond accelerates, the anchor rope pulls tight, and inertia pulls the RIB's curved prow down into the water (Bond's stern is lower, therefore creating an angle). The moment the foward forces of the moving boat (irresistable force) initiate against the stationary water (imovable object), the decceleration flips the boat over.

Great explanation thesecretagent, that makes much more sense now.  Thanks.:)

I thought I noticed a SPECTRE at your shoulder.

Dangerman009 wrote:
thesecretagent wrote:

...The RIB powers up onto the stern of Bond's dory and gets stuck. Bond throws his anchor up onto the RIB where it "conveniently" holds fast. Bond accelerates, the anchor rope pulls tight, and inertia pulls the RIB's curved prow down into the water (Bond's stern is lower, therefore creating an angle). The moment the foward forces of the moving boat (irresistable force) initiate against the stationary water (imovable object), the decceleration flips the boat over.

Great explanation thesecretagent, that makes much more sense now.  Thanks.:)

Indeed it does  ajb007/martini ...pity the editing scheme of the film didn't make such after-the-fact explanations necessary ajb007/crap

I'm a fan of the film, but it could have been better in this regard.

"Blood & Ashes"...AVAILABLE on Amazon.co.uk: Get 'Jaded': Blood & Ashes: The Debut Oscar Jade Thriller
"I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
"Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM

boooooooooooooooooooooobbiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssss

"Look what the cat dragged in..."

http://www.rockymusic.org/img/rhps/RHPS-Credits-CharlesGrayL.png

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017