Re: Welcome & Comings & Goings

Hardyboy wrote:

Bondtoys, let me back up M5 here--he did not say anything to you and about you that was not the result of discussions on the moderators' forum and which was not backed up 100% by all of us.  So, if you really do want to complain, you can add me to your list of persecutors.

Why persecution?  I don't understand why this has all gotten so personal.  To quote someone we have in common "the past is a bucket of ashes".  There is no need for any of this to get personal, can't we all just agree to disagree and get on with being friends.  Why can't everyone involved just have a virtual handshake and get on with discussing Bond.  I'll be gutted if Bondtoys leaves, he is a true friend.

Last edited by Asp9mm (15th Jan 2010 14:56)

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

Hardyboy wrote:

Bondtoys, let me back up M5 here--he did not say anything to you and about you that was not the result of discussions on the moderators' forum and which was not backed up 100% by all of us.  So, if you really do want to complain, you can add me to your list of persecutors.

So, if it is common agreement between mods, that it is ok to insult and expose members on the board, then my vacation will be longer.

Who do you guys think you are to give yourselfs the permission to treat other people like that?

And to call yourself persecutors:
HB, I have great respect for you and for what you do.
But you are NOT prosecutors, you are mods, for heaven's sake, you are here to keep it civil. You are wearing a uniform but this does not make you better people and does not give you the right to violate basic rules of respect.

If you feel the need to persecute someone, then I suggest you consult an expert.....

Last edited by Higgins (15th Jan 2010 19:25)

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

If the past is a bucket of ashes, then that bucket just got spilled here, and it wasn't by a mod.

BT. You love to argue. That's your thing. If I was so inclined, and unemployed, we could correspond some extremely lengthy poison pen letters. You enjoy them. We don't. Please get over yourself.

Perhaps you could make a suggestion. What exactly are you after here??

Oooops misread last.....  That was very nearly embarrassing ajb007/embarrassed

Last edited by Asp9mm (15th Jan 2010 17:02)

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

I am a rabid James Bond fan. I live in the Rocky Mountian region of the United States, with my fiance and two dogs.

Welcome to AJB, tr8_48!  ajb007/cheers  If you're a Bond fan, you're in the right place!  ajb007/smile  Take your time and look around.  You'll make a lot of friends and have a lot of fun here.  Good to have you aboard.

"Blood & Ashes"...AVAILABLE on Amazon.co.uk: Get 'Jaded': Blood & Ashes: The Debut Oscar Jade Thriller
"I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
"Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM

welcome, tr8_48!!! I'm also from the Rockies...Colorado, to be exact!

Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com

Hi to everyone on here.

Just found this site yesterday whilst trying to track down some info on model James Bond Range Rovers.

I have a mint set of the Octopussy RR and micro jet but was hoping there would be one in a larger scale.

Born and brought up in Edinburgh and been a JB fan since seeing FRWL as a boy in Edinburgh.

em

Hi Edinburgh Milkman, you'll know by now of course the best place for that is in the Memoribilia/Collector's forum. I don't know of many Bond Range Rovers, except the one for the pre-credits of The Living Daylights. You'll find it on the James Bond Car Collection thread. It came out last year, I'm sure you can order it still from the company.

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017

A big hearty hello to everyone here. Had been having a nosy around as a guest for a while, thought I'd take the plunge and register.

The name is A Genuine Felix Leiter, I'm from Ireland, and been a Bond fan since I was four years old. Huge Dalton fan, although truth be told I love all the guys that play the role, but Dalton was who I seen first in the role and he has always stuck as a firm favourite.

Looking forward to mixing with you all and hopefully I'll see you around.

Great to have you here A Genuine-Felix-Leiter - it's particularly nice to have another Dalton fan around too.

Enjoy your time with us ajb007/martini

YNWA: Justice For The 96

A spectre of my mortal soul

Hi everyone Andy here, but you can just call me Pies.

been a fan since I bought my N64 in 1997 and played Goldeneye, got me hooked. I thought I was a massive fan but having read some posts in here it turns out I've got a long way to go! Nice to know I'm not the only obsessed one though, which makes me feel gd.

L8rs

I'm alone
Aren't we all?

welcome, Pies! see ya 'round the forums!

Haven't been here in awhile, thought I'd stop by and say hello!

Welcome back, 'Shooter   ajb007/cheers

"Blood & Ashes"...AVAILABLE on Amazon.co.uk: Get 'Jaded': Blood & Ashes: The Debut Oscar Jade Thriller
"I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
"Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM

Hello there again fellow Bond lovers, after a long absence I've returned a married woman! So welcome to all of the newbies and hello to all of the vets I've had the pleasure of chatting (and occasionally debating with ajb007/wink. 5 Extra cool Bond points to whomever can guess what Bond film location I got married at and which Bond song(s) I walked down the aisle too! (I bet Loeff gets it).

*~Orbis Non Sufficit~*

welcome back, Night and SB_Diamond!!!

Pendragon wrote:

welcome back, Night and SB_Diamond!!!

Thanks, it's good to be back and see what all the new gossip is, I feel so behind on everything, though I must say I do enjoy catching up ajb007/wink

*~Orbis Non Sufficit~*

SB_Diamond wrote:

Hello there again fellow Bond lovers, after a long absence I've returned a married woman! So welcome to all of the newbies and hello to all of the vets I've had the pleasure of chatting (and occasionally debating with ajb007/wink. 5 Extra cool Bond points to whomever can guess what Bond film location I got married at and which Bond song(s) I walked down the aisle too! (I bet Loeff gets it).

For the song I'd guess the odvious.... "We have all the time in the world"

Since you hail from Miami, I'd like to say the old Fontainebleau Hotel (but I think it was torn down), so  I'm hoping for you that the nuptials were held at the One and Only Ocean Club, on Paradise Island.

7289 wrote:
SB_Diamond wrote:

For the song I'd guess the odvious.... "We have all the time in the world"

Since you hail from Miami, I'd like to say the old Fontainebleau Hotel (but I think it was torn down), so  I'm hoping for you that the nuptials were held at the One and Only Ocean Club, on Paradise Island.

As for the song, you got it, but there was also another one I used as well. Wrong on location though, try again ajb007/wink

PS The Fountainbleu is still there, it was just remolded last year and its gorgeous!

*~Orbis Non Sufficit~*

OK then..... The Hemingway house, and please  - you didn't use that "Do you know how Christmas Trees are Made"? Love to torture the kids with that one during the holidays!

7289 wrote:

OK then..... The Hemingway house, and please  - you didn't use that "Do you know how Christmas Trees are Made"? Love to torture the kids with that one during the holidays!

Judges? While not at the Hemingway House (though I stayed at the Lighthouse Court Inn across the street ajb007/wink ) it was in Key West (at Presidential Park) which is the correct answer, so 2.5 points for you. As far as the song, totally incorrect. Next guess....

*~Orbis Non Sufficit~*

One last guess .... "For your Eyes Only"

Nope...I'll give you guys a hint, the original version of this song was also sung by Shirley Bassey. Some one should get it now...

*~Orbis Non Sufficit~*

Yankee Mike Bravo wrote:

I'm new.  ajb007/smile

I'm orginally from Los Angeles, but have taken early retirement and am now living in the southern Philippines.  ajb007/martini

I've been a Bond fan since I saw Goldfinger in the theater [1964?].

Well, that didn't last long.  Just two months. 

I left for a few days to take care of some matters and came back to find I'd been logged out.  When I tried to log in, I found myself blocked until I permit AJB to put cookies on my browser.  That's not going to happen.  [I'm posting this from a different computer.]

I have enjoyed my stay here, however brief it was. 

Ciao.  ajb007/martini
YMB