Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

I read somewhere that Daniel Craig wore Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille cologne during QOS or that he wears it just in general. Either way, it turns out to be hard to find but I ran across it. It smells great.
I've never been one to enjoy wearing cologne. They all seem way too flowery. But this stuff I like.
I'm very much a Bond on a budget kind of guy so, I'm very happy the woman at the perfume counter gave me a little 4ML sample bottle. I'll be using my sample sparingly until I can afford the $190 for a full bottle.

Comments

• alexeberlinalexeberlin Posts: 104MI6 Agent
    Fatbond wrote:
    I read somewhere that Daniel Craig wore Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille cologne during QOS or that he wears it just in general. Either way, it turns out to be hard to find but I ran across it. It smells great.
    I've never been one to enjoy wearing cologne. They all seem way too flowery. But this stuff I like.
    I'm very much a Bond on a budget kind of guy so, I'm very happy the woman at the perfume counter gave me a little 4ML sample bottle. I'll be using my sample sparingly until I can afford the $190 for a full bottle.

DC wears Virgin Island Water...some-one I know sold it to his partner.
  • Waltherppk007Waltherppk007 Posts: 27MI6 Agent
    Common Scents sells a very close copy of it for a few bucks. For the price difference you can't go wrong.
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Tobacco Vanille just happens to be my current scent of choice...and that was without even knowing of the connection to DC. It's a great fragrance that is in complete contrast to many other scents which tend to be lighter. I can well magine that it would not be to everyone's liking as it's a rather dark, certainly musky and undeniably masculine smell that is reminiscent of fine tobaccanists (not to be confused with stale cigarette smoke) and leather armchairs (wow...this is beginning to sound like an advert isn't it? Perhaps I've found a new line of work writing copy for ad agencies!). I don't smoke and actually hate the smell of fresh or stale smoke, but I love this fragrance and more importantly so does my wife! -{
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    The ONLY confirmed connection of TF Tobacco Vanille to DC is that its made by TF and DC wore TF in Quantum!

Tom Ford himself has been said to have worn Tobacco Vanille in an interview I read but he also said he layers his scents with other from the private blend collection.

Its my scent of choice right now too, I love it very unique smell! I got a sample of the Virgin Islands Water to try out and I liked that too, very fresh scent!
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Simon also wears the scent of stale beer, but he refrained from offering that fact...
    sruzgar wrote:
    The ONLY confirmed connection of TF Tobacco Vanille to DC is that its made by TF and DC wore TF in Quantum!

Actually, that's not quite true Simon. There's that famous and oft misquoted line in the QOS scene that was left on the cutting room floor in which Bond and Camille enter the Star Wars Cantina in Bolivia and the latter asks: "What's that smell?", to which many believe Bond replies "Chewbacca, Camille"...but in actual fact says "Tobacco Vanille."

I'll get my coat...
  • Waltherppk007Waltherppk007 Posts: 27MI6 Agent
    Do you know the exact measurements of the coat?
    Not really, no...it's white and has really long sleeves and lots of straps and buckles though. :s
  • JB1962JB1962 USAPosts: 194MI6 Agent
    Thanks to the positive reviews, both here and on elsewhere on the web, I broke down a purchased a bottle. I too enjoy the unique smell and think it's becoming one of my favorite scents.
  • Coldheart96Coldheart96 Florida , USAPosts: 203MI6 Agent
    Purchased a bottle of this the other day from Needless Markup (Neiman Marcus) after trying a sample. Within 10 minutes of walking around the store trying to decide if I wanted to buy a bottle, 3 women stopped me and asked what I was wearing and complemented the scent. That was enough for me. I went right back to the sales counter and bought the 100ml bottle. Now all I can say is chicks dig me and guys want to be like me! :)) Seriously, it's a wonderful scent. If it wasn't for this thread I probably never would have tried it. Thanks to all.
    Bond: "Who would spend $1 million to kill me?"
    M: "Jealous husbands. Outraged chefs. Humiliated tailors. The list is endless!"
  • texas007texas007 Houston, Texas 77041Posts: 2,347MI6 Agent
    now, I may need to go pick up a bottle
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    Purchased a bottle of this the other day from Needless Markup (Neiman Marcus) after trying a sample. Within 10 minutes of walking around the store trying to decide if I wanted to buy a bottle, 3 women stopped me and asked what I was wearing and complemented the scent. That was enough for me. I went right back to the sales counter and bought the 100ml bottle. Now all I can say is chicks dig me and guys want to be like me! :)) Seriously, it's a wonderful scent. If it wasn't for this thread I probably never would have tried it. Thanks to all.

:D sounds like a case of wishful thinking to me :v :D them women could have set you up 8-) :v :D
    texas007 wrote:

You are beyond help Kan, stick with your Panther P@ss 72 :v :D
  • LOO7K OUTLOO7K OUT United KingdomPosts: 474MI6 Agent
    Haven't tried the Tobacco Vanille but I can seriously recommend Tom Ford for men - I've worn this for 2 years and it's a gorgeous - and very popular scent.

DC
  • texas007texas007 Houston, Texas 77041Posts: 2,347MI6 Agent
    Hey how do you know my secret scent ... does it transmit throught the interent ? :s
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    texas007 wrote:

texas007 wrote:
    Hey how do you know my secret scent ... does it transmit throught the interent ? :s
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    texas007 wrote:

:D
  • LOO7K OUTLOO7K OUT United KingdomPosts: 474MI6 Agent
    edited October 2010
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    texas007 wrote:
    danjaq_0ff wrote:

:D

Would that be 'Sex Panther' by any chance? A fine scent for the discerning nose - doesn't smell one bit like Bigfoots d***! :)) :)) :))
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    Purchased .......
    . Now all I can say is chicks dig me and guys want to be like me! :)) Thanks to all.

funny cos the stale beer scent mantis refers to above, has the opposite effect on Simon

guys keep telling him "I love ya bro"

And the women they're with want to be like Simon

:)
  • toutbruntoutbrun Washington, USAPosts: 1,501MI6 Agent
    LOO7K OUT wrote:
    Haven't tried the Tobacco Vanille but I can seriously recommend Tom Ford for men - I've worn this for 2 years and it's a gorgeous - and very popular scent.

DC

Tobacco Vanille is his best perfume. It's perfect. Sometimes on eBay there are a few bottles from UK that are cheaper, or samples (I bought 8 samples for 40 USD and they last quite long!).
    If you can't trust a Swiss banker, what's the world come to?
  • DanielCraig007DanielCraig007 Posts: 588MI6 Agent
    I got both Tom Ford man and Tobacco vanille. Great scents!
    Tobacco vanille is very strong and lasts a very long time.
  • PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    I just bught some, my wife really like it,.,great smell
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    For UK users who might consider this aftershave, this smells just like Sugar Puffs you might remember from childhood.

"Tell 'em about the honey, Mummy," said the Honey Monster.

And my wife agreee with him!
    For UK users who might consider this aftershave, this smells just like Sugar Puffs you might remember from childhood.

LMFAO :)) nice description -{
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    edited July 2011
    danjaq_0ff wrote:

LMFAO :)) nice description -{

Cheers, mate. B-)

I'd like to say it encourages the wife to cover me in milk and lick it off.

But it doesn't. She doesn't think there's much that's manly about a bloke smelling of a kid's breakfast cereal.

Recommendation: Avoid
    Indeed, I certainly will :D
  • Ens007Ens007 EnglandPosts: 863MI6 Agent

Are you sure that you've not been trying out the latest scent by Kellogs?! :p

I really like Tobacco Vanille & women seem to enjoy the uniqueness of it as well. IMO it's definitely one of the nicest fragrances out there.
  • waltherppk7.65waltherppk7.65 Posts: 97MI6 Agent
    try amen pure havanah its another hard to find tobacco and vanille colone but it smells wonderful
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Intrigued by Tobacco Vanille. Before I splash the cash on flea bay are there any fragrance selling websites that ship worldwide?
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    So I have been wearing this lately on weekends and oddly enough, I watched The English Patient and I think it is now stuck with Tobacco Vanille through scent association. I just picture those men and the leading lady in the desert gathered at their tents in the 1930s, sitting at the fire. They all wear white button up shirts, British khaki pants, boots, and various jackets and brown leather jackets with their leather-bound books in hand and stories to tell. I am not sure why, after already having worn the scent multiple times and knowing it to be commonly associated with QoS, that the time I watched it with The English Patient made it stick, but I like it. It is very nice and classic feeling, mixed with the film's 1930s setting. Sorry Bond, but this one goes to Ralph Fiennes. :))
  • pwalsh9012pwalsh9012 UKPosts: 189MI6 Agent
    Go to any store here in the UK and in my experience the nice looking sales girls seem to prefer Oud Wood ;%