1

Topic: Avatar Problems

I am having issues getting a file to fit the specs for the avatar.  It isn't file size but the 60x60 pixel dimension that is killing me.  Does anyone have a suggestion?

Bond: "But who would want to kill me, sir?"
M: "Jealous husbands, outraged chefs, humiliated tailors . . . the list is endless."

2

Re: Avatar Problems

Resize the photo you have into 60x60.

3

Re: Avatar Problems

Just curious, what picture are you trying use? Do you have a program on your computer than can re-size the file? Have you re-sized the file and aren't happy with the way the avatar looks? Maybe you can post the image your trying to use and we can offer suggestions. Just be sure it isn't MGM Copyrighted material.

Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope

4

Re: Avatar Problems

I have not done a lot of work on images.  So all I use is paintbrush.  I don't see anything in it that I can size to 60 x 60.  Can you recommend some freeware that I may be able to use?

Bond: "But who would want to kill me, sir?"
M: "Jealous husbands, outraged chefs, humiliated tailors . . . the list is endless."

5

Re: Avatar Problems

mpoplawski wrote:

I have not done a lot of work on images.  So all I use is paintbrush.  I don't see anything in it that I can size to 60 x 60.  Can you recommend some freeware that I may be able to use?

Try using this - it's a bit clunky to use, but once you get the hang of it, it's a great bit of free shareware.... it's called 'Gimp' and you can get it from www.gimp.org

Hope that helps ajb007/biggrin

She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony

6

Re: Avatar Problems

sorry to resurrect an ancient thread, but i just gotta gripe about this.

i've just spent half an hour trying to change my avatar.

thought it was time for a change, something funny maybe. so i found a pic and resized it, then i cropped it and resized it. then i made the resolution 1 pixel per inch 1dpi!!???

every bloody time ajb's avatar uploader says my file is too big.

60x60 pixels and 10kb only?

come on guys, but jesus christ this is seriously crap. in fact, i'd honestly say its the only thing that busts my balls when it comes to ajb. love the forum totally, but this avatar crap is doing my head in.

any way this can be addressed or any reason why its this way?

ta-ra

'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
www.helpforheroes.org.uk
www.cancerresearchuk.org

7

Re: Avatar Problems

Yeah. Most forums have 100x100 avatars. I can see wanting to keep things tight lol, but still the 60x60 is hard to see and there's plenty of space over there.

8

Re: Avatar Problems

Again it's only something Si can address I'm afraid.

He has threatened to return to the fold soon...but we've haerd that before ajb007/lol

Again...bug him on Facebook...sorry I can't be of more help...

YNWA: Justice For The 96

The Joy Of 6

9

Re: Avatar Problems

Sir Miles wrote:

He has threatened to return to the fold soon...but we've heard that before ajb007/lol

Sadly it's true but this time it might be for real!

If you're still about send me your avatar and I will take a look.

Simon

10

Re: Avatar Problems

He's baaaaaack!

Vox clamantis in deserto

11

Re: Avatar Problems

I'm digging out this old thread because in the time since it's last posting, nothing, and I mean absolutely nada has been done, which is, IMHO, unspecified by-product of the alimentary system.

just look at my avatar, look at it! what the hell is that supposed to be huh?

i found an image, cropped it, resized it, resized it, reduced the quality, resized it again, and again, et voila, one standard issue single finger....... pointed right up at the pc.

i'll try again later but i've just wasted 30mins trying to get ajb to accept me pic.

bonus points for anyone who can guess who it is.

'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
www.helpforheroes.org.uk
www.cancerresearchuk.org

12

Re: Avatar Problems

It's very small, but I'm Guessing Jack Dee.

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

13

Re: Avatar Problems

Now I'm having a problem getting a new avatar. The image is 60x60 (maybe even 50x50) and no bigger than 10kb. At least I don't think so. It looks like it's 5kb. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope

14

Re: Avatar Problems

Hmmmm, very interesting. Looks like I don't need help afterall.

Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope

15

Re: Avatar Problems

Mr Martini wrote:

Hmmmm, very interesting. Looks like I don't need help afterall.

WTFIT?!

'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
www.helpforheroes.org.uk
www.cancerresearchuk.org

16

Re: Avatar Problems

minigeff wrote:
Mr Martini wrote:

Hmmmm, very interesting. Looks like I don't need help afterall.

WTFIT?!


The avatar I uploaded was under the forum requirements, but wouldn't upload. I tried deleting my old avatar and uploading the new one with no luck. The old avatar kept showing up. So what I did was reset Safari and my new avatar magically showed up.

Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope

17

Re: Avatar Problems

Mr Martini wrote:
minigeff wrote:
Mr Martini wrote:

Hmmmm, very interesting. Looks like I don't need help afterall.

WTFIT?!


The avatar I uploaded was under the forum requirements, but wouldn't upload. I tried deleting my old avatar and uploading the new one with no luck. The old avatar kept showing up. So what I did was reset Safari and my new avatar magically showed up.

I think minigeff was more concerned about the picture your avatar now shows....it does look rather dodgy  ajb007/insane

YNWA: Justice For The 96

The Joy Of 6

18

Re: Avatar Problems

Rather dodgy?!

You mean 'it looks like a cartoon naked bloke trying to painfully expunge a clod of man-dirt'?

Hence my rather simplistic previous comment of 'What The Flip Is That?!'

'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
www.helpforheroes.org.uk
www.cancerresearchuk.org

19

Re: Avatar Problems

It's 1/9th of an album cover. I can assure you it's not what minigeff thinks it is. This is the whole album cover:

http://c438342.r42.cf2.rackcdn.com/wp-c … 83381.jpeg

If there's any complaints about my avatar I'll remove it. I might end up changing my avatar again in about a week.

Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope

20

Re: Avatar Problems

Ahhh, thats what it is!

'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
www.helpforheroes.org.uk
www.cancerresearchuk.org

21

Re: Avatar Problems

Ok mod squad, answer me this;

I'm using 'picresize.com' to resize a pic I found on tinterweb.

I cropped the original image so it was square. The using picresize, I changed the image down to 60x60 pixels, best quality and it pooped out a little piccy .jpg, 60x60 pixels and just 5kb in filesize.

Why won't this upload?

'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
www.helpforheroes.org.uk
www.cancerresearchuk.org

22

Re: Avatar Problems

minigeff wrote:

Ok mod squad, answer me this;

I'm using 'picresize.com' to resize a pic I found on tinterweb.

I cropped the original image so it was square. The using picresize, I changed the image down to 60x60 pixels, best quality and it pooped out a little piccy .jpg, 60x60 pixels and just 5kb in filesize.

Why won't this upload?

Short answer ? - not a dig, BTW   ajb007/lol  - no idea....lots have problems with this...Si is your man, I'm afraid.

YNWA: Justice For The 96

The Joy Of 6

23

Re: Avatar Problems

Sir Miles wrote:
minigeff wrote:

Ok mod squad, answer me this;

I'm using 'picresize.com' to resize a pic I found on tinterweb.

I cropped the original image so it was square. The using picresize, I changed the image down to 60x60 pixels, best quality and it pooped out a little piccy .jpg, 60x60 pixels and just 5kb in filesize.

Why won't this upload?

Short answer ? - not a dig, BTW   ajb007/lol  - no idea....lots have problems with this...Si is your man, I'm afraid.

OMG, you actually resorted to a short joke  ajb007/amazed  I knew it was only a matter of time, but I'm shocked SM, you're a shortest man!!

(Enter witty reply here, this is the ONLY time I hand it on a plate)

As for the avatar, it's mysteriously changed itself, weird crap.

As for contacting Si, I think I've for more chance of getting a reply from my father.

'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
www.helpforheroes.org.uk
www.cancerresearchuk.org

24

Re: Avatar Problems

minigeff wrote:
Sir Miles wrote:
minigeff wrote:

Ok mod squad, answer me this;

I'm using 'picresize.com' to resize a pic I found on tinterweb.

I cropped the original image so it was square. The using picresize, I changed the image down to 60x60 pixels, best quality and it pooped out a little piccy .jpg, 60x60 pixels and just 5kb in filesize.

Why won't this upload?

Short answer ? - not a dig, BTW   ajb007/lol  - no idea....lots have problems with this...Si is your man, I'm afraid.

OMG, you actually resorted to a short joke  ajb007/amazed  I knew it was only a matter of time, but I'm shocked SM, you're a shortest man!!

(Enter witty reply here, this is the ONLY time I hand it on a plate)

As for the avatar, it's mysteriously changed itself, weird crap.

As for contacting Si, I think I've for more chance of getting a reply from my father.

Hey ! I cracked a 'short' joke the first time we met   ajb007/biggrin

Nice set up for me too...I suppose you expect me to crack the "I'll think you'll find you're the shortest" gag ? You're right   ajb007/biggrin

There is more chance of you making that bloody camera for bondtoys than getting a response from Si   ajb007/lol

YNWA: Justice For The 96

The Joy Of 6

25

Re: Avatar Problems

Yeah 60X60 is really small but since this thread has been around forever I'm guessing they won't change it.


Also how do you know if a picture is owned by MGM or not?

1: Casino Royale  2: Goldeneye  3: Skyfall  4: Octopussy  5: Goldfinger  6: Tomorrow Never Dies  7: The World Is Not Enough  8: The Living Daylights  9: From Russia With Love 10: The Spy Who Loved Me