James Bond encyclopedia

Q and MQ and M IrelandPosts: 171MI6 Agent
a cracking read, an essential for bond fans, what does everyone else think?

Comments

• PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    I think it has quite a few mistakes in it... At least the dutch version (couldn't find the English version) has. I'm not sure these are errors in the translation or in the original text.
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,418Quartermasters
    I was given it for Christmas - I'm enjoying it very much. It has many photographs that I haven't seen before. For me, the main attraction to new Bond books comes from them having illustrations which are not the same old ones repeated over and over. The texts tend to be much of a muchness. I've not seen the old Steven Jay Rubin encyclopedia, so I don't know how it compares but the Cork/Stutz one is great in my view.
  • JellyfishJellyfish EnglandPosts: 461MI6 Agent
    I have just bought a smaller (but still hefty) version of the James Bond Encyclopedia by John Cork and Collin Stutz from Selfridges in the Manchester Trafford Centre. They had a big stack of them for £6 each (RRP £20).
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,418Quartermasters
    Interesting, I was not aware of a smaler version of the Encyclopedia. Is it the same content as the bigger version, just scaled down?
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,416Chief of Staff
    Really ? Will have to pay a visit soon to grab one - thanks for the info -{
    YNWA 97
    Golrush007 wrote:
    Interesting, I was not aware of a smaler version of the Encyclopedia. Is it the same content as the bigger version, just scaled down?

I've never had a proper look at the bigger one, but I think it's the same. There are sections for Bond villains, women, supporting cast, vehicles and equipment. It starts with the same pages from the bigger one, about the different Bond actors and bits about Bond's character and background, and a section at the end has double-page spreads for each film, with production details. The book includes Skyfall, but there is no mention of SPECTRE. For £6 it's a steal.
    Here's a picture of the smaller one, with some other Bond books and SPECTRE on Blu-ray for size comparison purposes (apologies for poor picture quality):

IMG_20160310_193927.jpg
  • asioasio Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 546MI6 Agent
    I would add this to my collection, however I know when Bond 25 is released this encyclopedia will become outdated.
    Perhaps if these encyclopedias where confined to each actors portrayal of Bond (once they've left the role) then they could be considered complete.
    Some encyclopedias would be larger than others of course, but let's not get into a measuring contest...
    Drawn Out Dad.
    Independent, one-shot comic books from the outskirts of Melbourne, Australia.
    twitter.com/DrawnOutDad