151

Re: Colibri logo for your Golden Gun

Oups... Thank you Ed:) and thank you Kan!

thespyboys11 wrote:

Translation for above:

Hi Kan, yes I want two !!! Great job! I had not seen this page before ajb007/smile have a nice day

152

Re: Colibri logo for your Golden Gun

Simon_jrees wrote:
texas007 wrote:

Anyone have a chance to put on their stickers yet? I still got some more Colibri :-)

Wait, have you guys in the U.S received your 2020 golden guns or are you just talking golden guns in general?. 007 Store U.K says mid December now becouse of pandemic we're still in.

Yes I've received mine last week and I'm from Belgium, but I ordered it directly at FE and not the 007 store for exactly this reason.

153

Re: Colibri logo for your Golden Gun

Carl-Stromberg wrote:
Simon_jrees wrote:
texas007 wrote:

Anyone have a chance to put on their stickers yet? I still got some more Colibri :-)

Wait, have you guys in the U.S received your 2020 golden guns or are you just talking golden guns in general?. 007 Store U.K says mid December now becouse of pandemic we're still in.

Yes I've received mine last week and I'm from Belgium, but I ordered it directly at FE and not the 007 store for exactly this reason.

It's Covid that's delayed it within the U.K becouse of the restrictions we currently have in place.

"I hate to ask stupid questions but where exactly did you lay him out cold?"

154

Re: Colibri logo for your Golden Gun

Got my Colibri stickers from Kan today for my 2020 V2 version of the FE Golden Gun. Here are some pictures for you guys to enjoy.

Anybody else got this new version? Please share some pictures and your impressions of this new version. I'm quitte pleased with it it's nice and heavy. The only downside I have with it is the bullet, it's quite a tight fit in the lighter and has scratched it a little bit so I'm not loading it anymore.


https://i.postimg.cc/6TG55mYQ/Colibri01.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/ZWjJMtKw/Colibri02.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/624wq8VP/Colibri03.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/FYPQxyDq/Colibri04.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/d7LcNhf0/Colibri05.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/cg3yZV0y/Colibri06.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/4nzk0kWp/Colibri-07.jpg

155

Re: Colibri logo for your Golden Gun

Thank you so much for sharing.
I saw a post on YouTube regarding the improper fit of the bullet in the lighter as well - not sure if the guy don't know what he is doing, or there is a real problem here - any other members got their golden guns yet?

Check out this video at 13:20 he also tries to insert the bullet but struggles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDrsgTQWn5I&t=804s

156

Re: Colibri logo for your Golden Gun

I will fix it on the one I will get, if I get one, new pen, new lighter nozzle too, and new bullet too!

157

Re: Colibri logo for your Golden Gun

What is wrong with the lighter nozzle?

158

Re: Colibri logo for your Golden Gun

design.
Same for pen.

159

Re: Colibri logo for your Golden Gun

I see, Now I'm curious to see yours once it's enhanced.

160

Re: Colibri logo for your Golden Gun

thinking about archive gun pen design, not my actual design, as it's based from other gun, and pen and lighter core are not glossy, glossy pen will avoid lighter core mod.

161

Re: Colibri logo for your Golden Gun

I got mine yesterday,  can confirm what carl-stromberg said regarding the fit of the bullet, mine is also lightly scratched so it'll stay in the case for the rest of its days.

Video review of mine is coming soon, but I can tell right now that it's most definitely the new centerpiece of the collection.

162

Re: Colibri logo for your Golden Gun

Has anyone in the UK received theirs directly from FE yet? If so, how much were the import fees into the UK?

163

Re: Colibri logo for your Golden Gun

BenSV650 wrote:

Has anyone in the UK received theirs directly from FE yet? If so, how much were the import fees into the UK?

Was told £175  ajb007/insane

Trust No One

164

Re: Colibri logo for your Golden Gun

Carl-Stromberg wrote:

Got my Colibri stickers from Kan today for my 2020 V2 version of the FE Golden Gun. Here are some pictures for you guys to enjoy.

Anybody else got this new version? Please share some pictures and your impressions of this new version. I'm quitte pleased with it it's nice and heavy. The only downside I have with it is the bullet, it's quite a tight fit in the lighter and has scratched it a little bit so I'm not loading it anymore.


https://i.postimg.cc/6TG55mYQ/Colibri01.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/ZWjJMtKw/Colibri02.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/624wq8VP/Colibri03.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/FYPQxyDq/Colibri04.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/d7LcNhf0/Colibri05.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/cg3yZV0y/Colibri06.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/4nzk0kWp/Colibri-07.jpg

ive looked at a few of these and the barrel seems to be pointing upward, even on your one  ajb007/crap

Trust No One

165

Re: Colibri logo for your Golden Gun

Received mine today. Excellent delivery service and communication from Factory Entertainment.
I’m impressed. Love the display case. Even the foam inserts with sparkly gold is good.
Items are very heavy and well made. Yes, the bullet doesn’t fit.
But then... “it’s useless as a bullet, quite obviously.”

The information card is also very nice but there is a mistake in there referring to a ‘failed assassination attempt’ by Scaramanga. Ask Gibson, our solar energy expert, there was nothing ‘failed’ about it!

Anyway, very nice work.

As an aside, I see somebody is trying to sell one on eBay for £2000 already!  ajb007/insane
And a dual signature Mk1 for £3750   ajb007/insane

166

Re: Colibri logo for your Golden Gun

Got mine a few weeks ago, but waited until my birthday to unpack it.

Love it, but yes, had same problem with the bullet. Put WD40 on the breach, was better but might take a file to it if feeling brave. Did help the screw threads on the pen and cufflink though.

Had to pay £100 odd for UK import duty.

Carl-Stromberg, did you black-out the orange sticker in the barrel, or is that just shadow?

Also, anyone black the lighter button as per the original ?

...one hundred caratsh rough!

167

Re: Colibri logo for your Golden Gun

UNCLE27 wrote:

Received mine today. Excellent delivery service and communication from Factory Entertainment.
I’m impressed. Love the display case. Even the foam inserts with sparkly gold is good.
Items are very heavy and well made. Yes, the bullet doesn’t fit.
But then... “it’s useless as a bullet, quite obviously.”

The information card is also very nice but there is a mistake in there referring to a ‘failed assassination attempt’ by Scaramanga. Ask Gibson, our solar energy expert, there was nothing ‘failed’ about it!

Anyway, very nice work.

As an aside, I see somebody is trying to sell one on eBay for £2000 already!  ajb007/insane
And a dual signature Mk1 for £3750   ajb007/insane

They messed up the information on the last booklet too. How can you do so much in depth study and get something simple wrong. I doubt you will see a mint condition dual S.E going for less than 3,500.

Last edited by Simon_jrees (21st Nov 2020 08:16)

"I hate to ask stupid questions but where exactly did you lay him out cold?"

168

Re: Colibri logo for your Golden Gun

BenSV650 wrote:

Has anyone in the UK received theirs directly from FE yet? If so, how much were the import fees into the UK?

Nope but I got mine from 007 store so end of December/January it is then.

"I hate to ask stupid questions but where exactly did you lay him out cold?"

169

Re: Colibri logo for your Golden Gun

BenSV650 wrote:

Has anyone in the UK received theirs directly from FE yet? If so, how much were the import fees into the UK?

Yes, received mine yesterday via FedEx Priority. Good service, well tracked and took about 36 hours from California to Cornwall.

FedEx Postage USD $100
Import Charge £118
Foreign Transaction Fee on Credit Card £12


https://i.postimg.cc/wtGJ7qKT/0-DA592-C7-D23-A-4-C46-A620-1-B51604-DA3-EA.jpg


https://i.postimg.cc/xJNmmwYG/44-F62933-F02-E-4-AE7-A4-FA-C1-A89-D1-EBA08.jpg

170

Re: Colibri logo for your Golden Gun

Akbar Shar wrote:

Got mine a few weeks ago, but waited until my birthday to unpack it.

Love it, but yes, had same problem with the bullet. Put WD40 on the breach, was better but might take a file to it if feeling brave. Did help the screw threads on the pen and cufflink though.

Had to pay £100 odd for UK import duty.

Carl-Stromberg, did you black-out the orange sticker in the barrel, or is that just shadow?

Also, anyone black the lighter button as per the original ?

The top part of the furnace was party black not the actual button... which is the wrong way round again. ajb007/rolleyes

"I hate to ask stupid questions but where exactly did you lay him out cold?"

171

Re: Colibri logo for your Golden Gun

Interesting,
I was using as my reference the photo on the back of the Golden Gun LP:

https://i.postimg.cc/rR6QFNnj/GG599ccd309938922e9f897ecca63eddb6d6f5fbe4.jpg

Which clearly shows the button as black.

So was that a graphic specifically for the Album (considering there would have been no replicas in 1974)?

...one hundred caratsh rough!

172

Re: Colibri logo for your Golden Gun

Akbar Shar wrote:

Interesting,
I was using as my reference the photo on the back of the Golden Gun LP:

https://i.postimg.cc/rR6QFNnj/GG599ccd309938922e9f897ecca63eddb6d6f5fbe4.jpg

Which clearly shows the button as black.

So was that a graphic specifically for the Album (considering there would have been no replicas in 1974)?

I'm not sure whether it was for the album, the light or something else but it's the only photo I've seen with the lighter section having a black button. I was referring more to the real Colibri lighter in which it was based on, which did not have a black button and is what people generally refer to.  ajb007/smile  ajb007/martini

"I hate to ask stupid questions but where exactly did you lay him out cold?"

173

Re: Colibri logo for your Golden Gun

Button is not black, it's glossy gold color, but the nozzle ceramic part is missing, as it's supposed to be a 60mm colibri, ceramic is probably white color, later a shorter colibri lighter went to market, with black ceramic, but this was after 1974.

174

Re: Colibri logo for your Golden Gun

Akbar Shar wrote:

Got mine a few weeks ago, but waited until my birthday to unpack it.

Love it, but yes, had same problem with the bullet. Put WD40 on the breach, was better but might take a file to it if feeling brave. Did help the screw threads on the pen and cufflink though.

Had to pay £100 odd for UK import duty.

Carl-Stromberg, did you black-out the orange sticker in the barrel, or is that just shadow?

Also, anyone black the lighter button as per the original ?

I blacked it out with a permanent marker. Looks way better, the orange tip just looks silly and isn't a legal requirement were I live anyway  ajb007/smile

Congratz with your GG btw ajb007/wink

175

Re: Colibri logo for your Golden Gun

Got mine today - the only snare so far is the magnet housed in the lighter body came out with the lid, attached to the other magnet. Trying a bit of glue to hold it in.

Bullet is tight but went in and came out easily enough.

Oh and if the Colibri stickers are still available, I'd love to buy...