Re: CR & QOS Should they of had the Same Director ?

ke02eww wrote:

I may be one of the few who liked both as they were..,though nothing is perfect ( cgi in QoS)

I would have been happy with Campbell in QoS, but he seems destined to be Eon's "opening bat" charged only to re-launch the series after a break and a new actor...

The third film seems to be crucial....where the actor should have stamped his Mark on the character and honed it...

Connery maxed it with goldfinger
Moore hit his peak with the spy who loved  me...
But brosnan struggled with a poor script and a terrible plot in twine...

The other two didnt even see the third film...

While the director matters clearly, for me it's about the lead, and whether he is capable of keeping even a bad vehicle on the road...

So Craig has an opportunity to join the ranks of connery and Moore with b23, and prove he

I'm more than happy with both films too....

There does seem to be something about the third film....and it's a real pity Dalton didn't get the opportunity...:#

For me...it's still about the script...and possibly the 'feel' the writers get for the actor playing Bond...by the third film the writers should KNOW what the actors strengths are...and write for those...I may be one of the few who actually like TWINE....it's Brosnan's best, IMO....it doesn't 'hit' every mark, but it certainly is enjoyable....

That's why I was happy to hear that Peter Morgan was working on Bond23...then unhappy when the film was 'shelved'....do we know if they plan to continue with that script..?...or start afresh..?...

YNWA: Justice For The 96

A spectre of my mortal soul

A bit belated, but I understand Morgan's screenplay or synopsis - with an amazing, earthshattering premise, it is said (but I don't know what it was) - has been junked.

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017

Napoleon Plural wrote:

A bit belated, but I understand Morgan's screenplay or synopsis - with an amazing, earthshattering premise, it is said (but I don't know what it was) - has been junked.

That's a real shame...but not a total suprise...no doubt the bones of it will appear in time...I hope ajb007/biggrin

YNWA: Justice For The 96

A spectre of my mortal soul