minigeff, Clapperboards & Comments

This is a continuation of the clapperboard topic in the Memorabilia and Collecting Forum: http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/37755/skyfall-replica-clapperboard-draw-the-results/

I have moved the posts unrelated to the actual topic in hand to bring the discussion or rights and wrongs in to one place. We will get tot the bottom of the issues everyone has and work through it.
Simon

Comments

• nms75nms75 United KingdomPosts: 1,233MI6 Agent
    Perhaps a 'Boxing Ring' sub-forum with a Referee Mod :))

Or you could stop going away on business and take early retirement? :p

Either way I'm cool :007)
    A sense of humour is no laughing matter!
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    Dogs of war don't retire nms, they just stop barking -{
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    :D did I say I blame the dog :v
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    I only discovered AJB a couple of years ago and although my postings have been modest in number, I lurk in the bushes like a dirty old man in a ratty mac and check the messages almost every day (okay, so it's every day: My name is The Domino Effect and I have a problem...).

I came here because of a life-long interest in Bond, both literary and cinematic. What I discovered was not just information on my favourite fictional character, books and films but endless wardrobe, collectible and prop temptations...things I'd never engaged in before. I have learned a great deal and feel that my enjoyment of Bond has increased thanks to these boards.

However, what I have also got from this board is great entertainment. I love the humour of danjaq (it is humour, isn't it?) and his merry band of brothers including teppo, bondtoys etc. I love the prop knowledge of minigeff, nms, the spyboys and others, the all-around knowledge of Mantis etc and the contributions of so many others whose names elude me at the moment. There are others who I do not like, I will confess, because of a single comment or a series of comments or a recurring arrogant or hostile attitude, but I either read their comments with a grain of salt or just ignore them altogether. Although I have never met or spoken to anyone from these boards (knowingly, any way!), I feel I know many people and I enjoy their comments, their generosity, their information, their jokes...and I will admit also the very peculiar directions that some threads take. It 's what makes this forum a great one both as a Bond fan and as a human being.

I do not like that people who I consider to be key members like minigeff and nms are taking a break from this board or that others like danjaq are removing photos...because this board will unquestionably be a poorer place without them.

The internet is a terrible place for trolls who hide behind their anonymity and cast slurs against others that they would never have the courage to voice in person. Some may do so for sport, others because they are frustrated at still living in their Mum's basement and having never had a girlfriend...but there are a lot of very good, very nice, very special and very helpful people here too.

I do hope that the quality and camaraderie of AJB does not suffer because of a few recent events.
    PMSL at your sig Paul :))
    Why does this always happen when I go away n business?..... :#

Can't I leave you lot 3 days without resembling Toy story 3 ( copyright assured) - Yes Pete is mr potato head .... :p

So at this rate by the time I return there will nly be 3 members of the collectors forum left..

Might I make a suggestion?

How about a special thread called the dunce's corner, and we can send bad boys to it for a time....

This wouldn't be needed if we were grown up, but whilst we all enjoy our adolescence too much, it is necessary...

Now back to my mojito

Semper fi B-)
    I resemble that remark :D
    I blame the dog ;% :D
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,417Chief of Staff
    Jeff,

stop building your part up...you were on the very edges of this at best....give me your address so I can come round and give you a slap :))

Now, take a couple of days off and come back...same for you Pete... -{
    YNWA 97
    MG

I for one do not blame you at all and feel you have done nothing wrong. You brought a wonderful project to AJB which is something it really needed following the infamous cufflink debacle. A number of us then proceeded to have a bit of banter but which did not, in my opinion, cause the thread any harm. The following discussions were more due to feelings bubbling over for some time than the SkyFall Clapper thread.

Anyway, there is little point going over old ground yet again as I do not want to upset the Mods or anyone else. But I just wanted to say you have been a good old sport on this forum, brought it many things that have made it a great place to be, and have made a number of friends. So don't blame yourself as I don't think any of us blame you.

NMS -{
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Hey Jeff,

thanks for the words and I am really sorry about the development.
    I feel guilty as well as I have been the first one to get off-topic on that thread at first and got the stone rolling.

Hope that you soon return, there are so many many pics of fat bikini-wearing girls here to share :v
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Hi guys, I've seen the posts some of you have left for me, and just checked my pm's. I think here's the best place for this, but if anyone wants to move it so it gets more views or something then fine by me. Just don't delete it for christs sake.

Firstly, thank you to everyone who's taken the time to get in touch. I really am moved by the nice messages, which is mainly why I'm posting here now, to say thank you.

The last year for me has been particularly uneasy for me, and ajb brings a great distraction from things. One of the main reasons I do replica props is to keep my mind off things that could bring me right down, so ironically the forum of what I consider the worlds largest collection of hmp rampton inmates ( in the nicest way possible) keeps me sane. You guys are my DAD dream machine! Lol

However, recently the actions of moonraker5, brought on by off topic banter, has caused a right mess. NMS is on about leaving (a great shame for me as I think we share similar views and humour), bondtoys is in heated discussion with sirmiles on an hourly basis, Pete's removed all his pics (a massive loss to the forum) and non of this has come across to me as a positive development of the forum.

And how did it start? With my thread. Maybe I should have stepped in as the threads author and told people to calm down? Maybe I shouldn't have joined in? Maybe I should have done more to stop the proverbial **** hitting the fan? I dunno really, but I can't help feeling I'm to blame for all of this.

The last thing I want is to be an instigator of friends falling out. IMHO, we should use the forum to discuss bond, and take some time out from the world. We shouldn't be falling out with each other, especially over me! Christ, shoot me, I mean nothing to... me? :S

Anyway, I've got work to do. There are several projects on the go, being done so I can obtain more kit, to make more funky stuff with. Some projects are small, some very detailed, some actually work, and one is small and black, and the driver is a very good fwend of mine.... And I've also sent one of the kids to uncle barry.....but not one you've seen here yet.....

All will be revealed in due course, but in the mean time I think I need to bow out and let ajb get back to some sort of normality without me posting pics of fat kids scoffing fries.

I'm sorry guys for being the one that started this mess, I really am. I'll keep it more business like when I return.

Thanks again for your kind comments, they really do pick me up.

Take care for now, oh and if anyone needs to get in touch, email me as I won't be checking pm's for a while, my little box is almost full anyways.

Oh and the clappers are being made now, don't panic, the lucky 5 will be contacted when they're ready to go.

Thanks again guys, really,

MG :)
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    I only discovered AJB a couple of years ago and although my postings have been modest in number, I lurk in the bushes like a dirty old man in a ratty mac and check the messages almost every day (okay, so it's every day: My name is The Domino Effect and I have a problem...).

I came here because of a life-long interest in Bond, both literary and cinematic. What I discovered was not just information on my favourite fictional character, books and films but endless wardrobe, collectible and prop temptations...things I'd never engaged in before. I have learned a great deal and feel that my enjoyment of Bond has increased thanks to these boards.

However, what I have also got from this board is great entertainment. I love the humour of danjaq (it is humour, isn't it?) and his merry band of brothers including teppo, bondtoys etc. I love the prop knowledge of minigeff, nms, the spyboys and others, the all-around knowledge of Mantis etc and the contributions of so many others whose names elude me at the moment. There are others who I do not like, I will confess, because of a single comment or a series of comments or a recurring arrogant or hostile attitude, but I either read their comments with a grain of salt or just ignore them altogether. Although I have never met or spoken to anyone from these boards (knowingly, any way!), I feel I know many people and I enjoy their comments, their generosity, their information, their jokes...and I will admit also the very peculiar directions that some threads take. It 's what makes this forum a great one both as a Bond fan and as a human being.

I do not like that people who I consider to be key members like minigeff and nms are taking a break from this board or that others like danjaq are removing photos...because this board will unquestionably be a poorer place without them.

The internet is a terrible place for trolls who hide behind their anonymity and cast slurs against others that they would never have the courage to voice in person. Some may do so for sport, others because they are frustrated at still living in their Mum's basement and having never had a girlfriend...but there are a lot of very good, very nice, very special and very helpful people here too.

I do hope that the quality and camaraderie of AJB does not suffer because of a few recent events.

Well said. -{
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters

Really well put!
    +1. When I read this, I wanted to give standing ovations!

except: Me being a member in the band of his brothers.

I hardly know that folk :D

I really don't know what to say, Cheers Dom -{ Im stuck for words which is rare in its self, and Im sure everyone else involved will be to.

Thanks Mate, your a star :)

Excellently put! We are all here to learn a bit more about Bond but also to have a laugh but sadly I think some miss this point completely.

:)
  • icsics Posts: 1,413MI6 Agent
    First i agree 200% with the post of TDE… -{

Second I think that moderators are way out of line here… where is the sense of humor – a pitty !!!
    I have meet Peter I life and he is a very charming loving person… in time I hope I will have a chance to meet a lot of the others mention like Teppo, Markus, Jeff, Ed etc…

This board is too dam important for moderators to go and **** it up… X-(
  • thespyboys11thespyboys11 Lindenwold,NJPosts: 1,844MI6 Agent
    HERE! HERE!! BRAVO!!
    Ed
    Again very well said, ics!

My take is if this was an academic forum used for studying a serious subject then I would totally understand the need to keep banter to a minimum and when it does ocurr keep it appropriate. However, this is basically a James Bond fan site based on a fictional character and fantasy - as a result there will be light hearted banter as members would down the pub! Such banter is healthy in my view.

NMS
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    ics wrote:
    This board is too dam important for moderators to go and **** it up… X-(
    Although I had nothing to do with what went down, I'd like to ask a question.

Would these mods you refer to...,be, oh say, the same people who've been working and undertaking AJB's running since it's darn conception? Under Si's leadership for ten long years? The same ones who began with this site and maintained it's operation for years? The ones who've faced every darn adversity thrown at them for a darn decade, attempting to maintain a fan friendly atmosphere, whenever immaturity, rudeness and selfishness broke out?

Are these the same Bond fans you refer to?
    edited January 2012
    yes, he's refering to these people, who possibly got a bit high-nosed and arrogant over the time, being more interested in playing politics behind the lines and leaving such "fan-friendly" creatures like Rick Roberts repeditly and continuously on the board and the same time "persecuting" valuable funny members like MG and Pete.

Power is a bitch and can change people over the time!

If a moderator feels that action is better "executed" in public instead of giving a friendly warning via pm and/or discussiing things in civil and private then he should think about how he may have started as a fan like you say :v

At least in the real world we get to change our dictators every two years -{ :D
    edited January 2012
    You know, Im getting fed up with all of this, I feel like we are all on trial 8-) and for what ? keeping this forum going for over 2 years? I don't know what is going on, NO BODY complained to any of us EVER.

When ever I post, I try and have a laugh, there is enough **** in my life, I will try and turn everything in to a joke, but if you read between the lines we are al sharing information, just because we don't have the same sense of humour as others on here is that a crime? NO, you all need to go back over the old posts, if you can't see we are having fun then you need to get a life, there is a great camaraderie between all of us in the collectors forum, I have made more friends than you could imagine while being here, not just internet friends but REAL friends, ones that stick around for life and some you just can't get rid off, Markus ;)

Now if you mods want to come in to the collecting forum and admit you never come in there, WTF is going on? you have said someone bought it to your attention? well shame on them :# I think you should inform everyone who it is, get things out in the open, if they had a problem they should have gone to the persons concerned, no body in the forum is un approachable, instead we get attacked, a very cool bunch you all are -{

to all my friends, even the ones that I thought was my friends, I will NOT change, who I am on here is who I am in real life, I'm 46 today and I aint changing for anyone -{

If it comes to goodbyes, so be it, there is one thing I hate more than lies and that is back stabbers :D
  • PredatorPredator Posts: 790Chief of Staff
    Hi all, I've been on the periphery of this, so forgive me if I won't comment directly on any members. I am not a regular viewer of the Collecting forum, which is my bad.

I will say is this however:

- Towards the top of the page is a link to the "Rules". These are short and easy to read, but pretty helpful in terms of defining what you can and can't do. Take an opportunity to read them carefully. You will have agreed to them when you signed up to AJB
    - Once done, review the topics of these threads under discussion
    - Then, let me or any other mods know how the selling of counterfeit goods or infringement of copyright (photos) or trademarks isn't in violation of the law

We don't want anyone to leave if at all possible, especially given the ongoing excitement in the run-up to Skyfall, but it's in no-one's interest for the entire site to be shut down off the back of a legal dispute in one forum (however loyal and knowledgeable the regular posters are in that forum). There isn't one, but I hope you can understand the wish to minimise this chance.

Thanks

Happy for anyone to PM me to discuss.
    So we are on trial :007)
    Perhaps fighting against my image, that "mods can't do me right" 8-) I think, that Predator has a point:

Gun logo....

However this aspect is totally new, the thread in question has been closed for very different reasons - officially.
    If the issue really was copyright, a pm to Minigeff would have been enough to stop the entire thing.

Life is a trial ...
  • icsics Posts: 1,413MI6 Agent
    OKKKK here a new two cents from me to the moderators…
    I think I am a “newbe” on ajbs forum “Memorabilia, Collecting & Clothing” as I have only been a member for app one year, and although starting with a big splash and nativity there were a lot of people coming to my help… a lot of these is now dear friends… it is naturally clear that over a period of time a lot of posters may have a specific tone but this has always been done with a smile – look at the dam posts.
    What I really don’t get is that if moderators get complaints why don’t the PM the persons ??? why go public and if they do tell who have a problem !!!
    Marcus thanks for the “right” words.
    Copyright Predator – don’t give me that bullshit – don’t you think that we all know about it, and that FE looks at the board… and please remember that all copyright etc is legal to copy if it is for your own collection (this according to law) ….
    Look at this photo that by buddy Henrik showed – and what is problems with that – we all know that it is the dove from FYEO – wonderful prop… but hey wasn’t it Picasso who first made the dove for a peace conference …. Think so – any legal problems in that NOOO perhaps EON could have had a problem with Picasso family at the time…

The_DOVE.jpg

Regarding showing photos with gunlogo – this could be a problem – but then it is not just the persons that you are witch hunting

I expect that moderators go out and tell in public what the problems is/was in details….
    Thanks for your comments ics ... you too could have PMed me about that, but that's fine.

My comments above were, are and will continue to be relevant to any thread in the entire site. Copyright Law and Trademark law are part of my professional life, so you will forgive me for wanting the same legal parameters to apply to this site.

If you do not like the fact that we must comply with copyright, trademark and numerous other laws then I'm really sorry.