Re: Favorite Quotes

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde

"A woman's dress should be like a barbed-wire fence: serving its purpose without obstructing the view."

Sofia Loren

"Don't be humble - you're not that great."

Golda Meir

“Now, now my good man, this is no time to be making enemies."
(Voltaire on his deathbed in response to a priest asking him that he renounce Satan.)”

"I have not penetrated Prince Edward's intimate circle"

- Stephen Fry on 'Have I got news for you"

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4084/5007516669_e78d116488_z.jpg

From Mae West:

Sex is like bridge, if you don't have a good partner. You'd better have a good hand.   ajb007/lol

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

From Churchill:

You have enemies? Good!
That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

From the briliant novel "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy"

"All I know is that the boy was my charge. And if he was not the word of God, then God never spoke."

“If you go home with somebody, and they don't have books, don't Freddie Uncle Charlie Katie 'em!”

John Walters

"The bowler's Holding. The batsman's Willy."

“Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to a better understanding of ourselves.” - Carl Jung

"Kill me, Lord King, but not with porridge!"

Tormod Kolbrunarskald (997-1030), Icelandic minstrel in the service of King Harald Haraldson

" Have you ever seen a grown man naked ? ".  Cpt Oveur, Airplane

A funny quote from Jimmy Carr about spiders.

"The only thing with eight legs I want in my house, is a KFC bucket !"

The viking Torgeir Håvardson met a shephered while he was out riding. As he passed the shephered, Torgeir cassually chopped off the man's head. - Why did you kill that man? asked the men who rode with Torgeir. - He was well placed for cutting.

That's one of the best/worst reasons for killing a man I have ever heard about.

Last edited by Number24 (8th Jun 2015 19:48)

It always seems impossible, until it's Done !   ........  Nelson  Mandela

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." - Gandalf in The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien

I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
-Oscar Wilde

“The fish trap exists because of the fish. Once you've gotten the fish you can forget the trap. The rabbit snare exists because of the rabbit. Once you've gotten the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words exist because of meaning. Once you've gotten the meaning, you can forget the words. Where can I find a man who has forgotten words so I can have a word with him?”
~Zhuangzi

"The only thing worse than being alone, is being with someone who makes you feel alone."

'I can resist anything but Temptation'

Oscar Wilde

1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger

" ... in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Orson Wells in The Third Man

I think this quote is depressing, but there is much truth in it. It sure is true when it comes to technology. When WWII started there were biplanes, radios and horse cavalry. At the end of it there were jet planes, computers and radio controled drone vehicles.

"I want to be alone!"

Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"

why stand ,when you can sit,why sit ,when you can lay down ,

Special air service  ajb007/biggrin

I often quote bits of that to my wife  ,when she moans when I lollop on the floor ajb007/biggrin

By the way, did I tell you,  I was       "Mad"?

My own personal quote:

It's better to be a smartass than a dumbass.

A couple from Harry Hart in Kingsman.

" There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self "
" I'm a Catholic whore, currently enjoying congress out of wedlock with my black Jewish boyfriend who works at a military abortion clinic. Hail Satan, and have a lovely afternoon madam ".  ajb007/biggrin