1

Topic: Goldeneye Persol sun glasses campaign

As a Persol fan, I like very much the sun glasses used in Die Another Day and Casino Royale. For both movies the Persol  produced a very beautiful and attractive promotion large (counter) display.

In Goldeneye Bond wears a pair of Persol sun glasses in the BMW/ Puerto Rico scene; driving the BMW and sitting beside Natalya. Please does somebody know if there was also a promotion James Bond campaign for the Persol sun glasses used in Goldeneye? Did Persol produced a Goldeneye poster and/ or (counter) display?

I really hope somebody can help me with my question. I will appreciate it very much.

2

Re: Goldeneye Persol sun glasses campaign

casino_royale wrote:

As a Persol fan, I like very much the sun glasses used in Die Another Day and Casino Royale. For both movies the Persol  produced a very beautiful and attractive promotion large (counter) display.

In Goldeneye Bond wears a pair of Persol sun glasses in the BMW/ Puerto Rico scene; driving the BMW and sitting beside Natalya. Please does somebody know if there was also a promotion James Bond campaign for the Persol sun glasses used in Goldeneye? Did Persol produced a Goldeneye poster and/ or (counter) display?

I really hope somebody can help me with my question. I will appreciate it very much.

I didn't even know taht Bond was wearing Persol in Goldeneye. Any idea of the model number?

Last edited by Marco (5th Feb 2012 20:17)

3

Re: Goldeneye Persol sun glasses campaign

Marco wrote:
casino_royale wrote:

As a Persol fan, I like very much the sun glasses used in Die Another Day and Casino Royale. For both movies the Persol  produced a very beautiful and attractive promotion large (counter) display.

In Goldeneye Bond wears a pair of Persol sun glasses in the BMW/ Puerto Rico scene; driving the BMW and sitting beside Natalya. Please does somebody know if there was also a promotion James Bond campaign for the Persol sun glasses used in Goldeneye? Did Persol produced a Goldeneye poster and/ or (counter) display?

I really hope somebody can help me with my question. I will appreciate it very much.

This is the official poster of the Persol campaign.

http://s16.postimage.org/4qkftpmjl/ac007b.jpg

Gol-den-eye?

'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
www.helpforheroes.org.uk
www.cancerresearchuk.org

4

Re: Goldeneye Persol sun glasses campaign

minigeff wrote:
Marco wrote:
casino_royale wrote:

As a Persol fan, I like very much the sun glasses used in Die Another Day and Casino Royale. For both movies the Persol  produced a very beautiful and attractive promotion large (counter) display.

In Goldeneye Bond wears a pair of Persol sun glasses in the BMW/ Puerto Rico scene; driving the BMW and sitting beside Natalya. Please does somebody know if there was also a promotion James Bond campaign for the Persol sun glasses used in Goldeneye? Did Persol produced a Goldeneye poster and/ or (counter) display?

I really hope somebody can help me with my question. I will appreciate it very much.

This is the official poster of the Persol campaign.

http://s16.postimage.org/4qkftpmjl/ac007b.jpg

Gol-den-eye?

You are right not DAD.

5

Re: Goldeneye Persol sun glasses campaign

It's ok, I'm having a similar day it seems lol

'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
www.helpforheroes.org.uk
www.cancerresearchuk.org

6

Re: Goldeneye Persol sun glasses campaign

minigeff wrote:

It's ok, I'm having a similar day it seems lol

What can I do, it's Sunday evening and I am already thinking about tomorrow...

7

Re: Goldeneye Persol sun glasses campaign

Marco wrote:
minigeff wrote:

It's ok, I'm having a similar day it seems lol

What can I do, it's Sunday evening and I am already thinking about tomorrow...

Christ man, sod that. Open the voddy n turn the volume up!

'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
www.helpforheroes.org.uk
www.cancerresearchuk.org

8

Re: Goldeneye Persol sun glasses campaign

I've been looking for these Persols for a while, and have found out that they are Persol 2611-S.

http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad177/meestafreeski/BrosnanGoldeneyePersols_zps83f37955.jpg

Here are the originals for sale on the Bondcollectables site:

http://www.bondcollectibles.de/catalogu … oduct=6970

A snip at a mere $14,000......

Last edited by Meesta Bawnd (14th Mar 2013 11:25)

Can you swim?

9

Re: Goldeneye Persol sun glasses campaign

Finally tracked down a pair in the correct lens/frame colour combination. Here are a few pics for you:

http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad177/meestafreeski/IMG_1852_zpsbff101ec.jpg

http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad177/meestafreeski/IMG_1853_zps1cc5fded.jpg

Cheers,

MB

Can you swim?

10

Re: Goldeneye Persol sun glasses campaign

They are completely different to the Goldeneye ones.  Or are you referring to another Bond Persol?

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

11

Re: Goldeneye Persol sun glasses campaign

I agree that this pair is the same as the one signed by Pierce Brosnan but it is not the one he wears while driving the BMW Z3 in Cuba.

12

Re: Goldeneye Persol sun glasses campaign

b,bc!!!!  The glasses they are listing as screen used clearly are not the correct model  ajb007/rolleyes

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

13

Re: Goldeneye Persol sun glasses campaign

Can anyone help out in tracking down the SA pair, then?

Can you swim?

14

Re: Goldeneye Persol sun glasses campaign

One source suggests that these may be the infamous GoldenEye Persols.

http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad177/meestafreeski/Persol861ii_zps980ad7a6.jpg

http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad177/meestafreeski/Persol861vii_zps7b42e371.jpg

http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad177/meestafreeski/Persol861v_zps83fd47bb.jpg

http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad177/meestafreeski/Brosnanxiv_zps9ae0230e.jpg

http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad177/meestafreeski/Brosnanxiii_zpsc91ccb99.jpg

http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad177/meestafreeski/Brosnani_zps3e999802.jpg

http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad177/meestafreeski/Brosnanvi_zpsc2da0bb7.jpg

Thoughts?

Can you swim?

15

Re: Goldeneye Persol sun glasses campaign

No, the frames and arms are different.  The Goldeneye frames are squarer and the arms are straighter  ajb007/crap

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

16

Re: Goldeneye Persol sun glasses campaign

Definitely different temple in the Goldeneye ones. I will try to identify them also. ajb007/smile

17

Re: Goldeneye Persol sun glasses campaign

Cheers! ajb007/martini

Can you swim?

18

Re: Goldeneye Persol sun glasses campaign

Hi there

Thought id chip in (even though an old thread) the poster below is correct.. these are the glasses warn in Golden-eye

Vintage Persol 861 very hard to find today

I have this pair in black. in regards to the arms they look flatter from a distance (like in BMW profile screen grab) but they do taper towards the arrow, its just hard to see. As for the shape people have mentioned its the cut of the frame, from some angles they look squarer and others rounder but its definitely this pair he is wearing but in colour 24 dark havana.

happy hunting



Meesta Bawnd wrote:

One source suggests that these may be the infamous GoldenEye Persols.

http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad177/meestafreeski/Persol861ii_zps980ad7a6.jpg

http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad177/meestafreeski/Persol861vii_zps7b42e371.jpg

http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad177/meestafreeski/Persol861v_zps83fd47bb.jpg

http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad177/meestafreeski/Brosnanxiv_zps9ae0230e.jpg

http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad177/meestafreeski/Brosnanxiii_zpsc91ccb99.jpg

http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad177/meestafreeski/Brosnani_zps3e999802.jpg

http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad177/meestafreeski/Brosnanvi_zpsc2da0bb7.jpg

Thoughts?

19

Re: Goldeneye Persol sun glasses campaign

Heres another angle of the pair (same colour different colour lenses) ajb007/wink




https://i.postimg.cc/w3YknYx0/111111-Capture.jpg