Re: The Rant Box

Most of them are, yes. Sadly there are some bad eggs.

I was house hunting in the Philippines in November 2013 when a devastating typhoon decimated the area in what was dubbed the worst storm in history (thousands were killed). In the days that followed dozens of Oxfam volunteers were in the 5 star hotel where I was staying and all they did was lie by the pool in the day and get drunk in the bar at night. I overheard one of them say it's our turn for the photo call see you in a couple of hours.

As stated above it is my opinion that the multi-global charity organisations are only in it for their own ends - a bit like politics really.

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

I think a few questions should also be asked as to
Where all the money for Haiti has gone, as I think
Officially  not much has actually  reached the people.

“I remember the last thing my Nan said to me before she died.
‘What are you doing here with that hammer?’”..... Lee Mack.

I suspect the type of behavior CoolHandLuke mention is mostly found in the largest charities.

Number24 wrote:

CoolHandLuke

What we have here is a failure to communicate....  ajb007/lol

Barbel wrote:
Number24 wrote:

CoolHandLuke

What we have here is a failure to communicate....  ajb007/lol

Yet fluffing up sometimes can be a real cool hand.
ajb007/lol

a reasonable rate of return

Can I use the "good movie reference" defence?   ajb007/confused  ajb007/crap  ajb007/lol

Number24 wrote:

I suspect the type of behavior CoolHandLuke mention is mostly found in the largest charities.

I'm proud to be mistaken for one of my movie heroes  ajb007/lol

I believe you are right #24 the smaller charities are usually above board - in the interest of no conflict of interest with this statement I am involved in a local charity here on Mactan of which I both volunteer and donate money for running costs - so maybe I am biased in that opinion.

Last edited by CoolHandBond (17th Feb 2018 14:01)

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

This might have  something to do with
Norwegians and eggs ! As the Norwegian
Olympic team accidentally  ordered
15,000 eggs for their stay  ajb007/biggrin

Actually I'm very glad my gaffe was commented on. It made me suspect my blood sugar was low. It was, and I was about to drive. Thank you  ajb007/smile

CoolHandBond wrote:

I was house hunting in the Philippines in November 2013 when a devastating typhoon decimated the area in what was dubbed the worst storm in history (thousands were killed). In the days that followed dozens of Oxfam volunteers were in the 5 star hotel where I was staying and all they did was lie by the pool in the day and get drunk in the bar at night. I overheard one of them say it's our turn for the photo call see you in a couple of hours.

As stated above it is my opinion that the multi-global charity organisations are only in it for their own ends - a bit like politics really.

I think this news about Oxfam is very bad and it only makes me think more that the big charities are not so good. I have heard stories about aid to African countries which does not even get to the people and are stolen or sold. And money is taken by the rulers before it can get to the people. I only hear these stories but I think they will be true.
I think that the big business charities always see themselves as above any criticism but they should not. I think that anyone who works for a charity should do so without pay. If they were so dedicate themselves to the cause they would surely do this for free while having another job?

Thunderpussy wrote:

Actually they thought they ordered 1500, but there was a language barrier  ajb007/lol

They'll never want to see an omelette again  ajb007/lol

Apparently in London ( can't remember the area )
The Police have asked people to stop calling
Them about the local KFC having no  chicken !  ajb007/biggrin
What idiot calls the police over this ?

Number24 wrote:
Thunderpussy wrote:

Actually they thought they ordered 1500, but there was a language barrier  ajb007/lol

We have reports here that the Norwegian Olympic Team brought 6000 packages of asthma tablets -for 121 athletes!
Hopefully they will very soon feel better......

Last edited by Higgins (21st Feb 2018 10:36)

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------

Thunderpussy wrote:

Apparently in London ( can't remember the area )
The Police have asked people to stop calling
Them about the local KFC having no  chicken !  ajb007/biggrin
What idiot calls the police over this ?

Haha - odd thing is im not surprised!!!

Instagram - bondclothes007

Higgins wrote:
Number24 wrote:
Thunderpussy wrote:

We have reports here that the Norwegian Olympic Team brought 6000 packages of asthma tablets -for 121 athletes!

Unfortunately that's true. Of course the athletes who suffer from asthma are bringing their own. It's not illegal, but....

Last edited by Number24 (21st Feb 2018 12:51)

Given the after effects of eating all those eggs. They
Might need the asthma  tablets. Just to be able to
Breathe !  ajb007/biggrin

Higgins wrote:
Number24 wrote:
Thunderpussy wrote:

Any chance that the Norwegian word for "asthma tablet" is "egg"? That would explain a lot!  ajb007/tongue

ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol

From a parody news site: "Crisis is the Norwegian Olympic Team - we have only astma medicine for one more gold medal!"

ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------

Coming back from a gig the other night, the lead guitarist was driving and we got a flat tyre. Ok, so we pulled all the gear out of the boot (trunk for the Americans), and with the help of the drummer who pulled up behind us we changed the tyre... only the spare was flat as well.
No problem, the drummer had a compressor- it was under all his gear. So we pulled all the gear out of his car and got the compressor then blew up the tyre... but it had a hole as well.

ajb007/mad  ajb007/mad  ajb007/mad  ajb007/mad

So we put all the gear back in the two cars, the drummer drove me home and I got my car and drove all the way back to pick up the guitarist and all the gear, leaving his car till the next day.

All this at 2am or so. The joys of being in a working band.

Barbel wrote:

Coming back from a gig the other night, the lead guitarist was driving and we got a flat tyre. Ok, so we pulled all the gear out of the boot (trunk for the Americans), and with the help of the drummer who pulled up behind us we changed the tyre... only the spare was flat as well.
No problem, the drummer had a compressor- it was under all his gear. So we pulled all the gear out of his car and got the compressor then blew up the tyre... but it had a hole as well.

ajb007/mad  ajb007/mad  ajb007/mad  ajb007/mad

So we put all the gear back in the two cars, the drummer drove me home and I got my car and drove all the way back to pick up the guitarist and all the gear, leaving his car till the next day.

All this at 2am or so. The joys of being in a working band.

I blame the drummer. Bit suspicious that you were all in one vehicle except for the drummer...and it was your vehicle that got the flat, not his. Hmmmm....

ajb007/lol  Also he was definitely speeding up....

ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."