1

Topic: Name facts that only two Bond actors had in common

Just a small little game...
Can you think of some facts that only two actors playing Bond had in common? For example:

Only Sean Connery & George Lazenby - Had Brown eyes.

Only Sean Connery & Roger Moore - Played Bond seven times.

Only Pierce Brosnan & George Lazenby - Never had a Felix Leiter in their movies.

Only George Lazenby & Daniel Craig - Didn't end up with a girl in bed at the end of their movies. (Although Craig is proberbly going to change this!)

Only Timothy Dalton & Pierce Brosnan - Had their 'own' unique moneypenny.

Only Timothy Dalton & George Lazenby - Played Bond in just one particular decade.

Only Pierce Brosnan & Roger Moore - Smoked cigars in their movies.

I'm sure you guys can think of more! ajb007/smile

Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews:  Recapping 007   
YouTube channel  Support my channel on Patreon  Twitter   Facebook fanpage

2

Re: Name facts that only two Bond actors had in common

Only Roger Moore and Daniel Craig were born in England.

"Watch the birdie, you bastard!"

Favourite Bond films list

3

Re: Name facts that only two Bond actors had in common

Only Sean Connery and Daniel Craig were never involved in snow action scene's.

Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews:  Recapping 007   
YouTube channel  Support my channel on Patreon  Twitter   Facebook fanpage

4

Re: Name facts that only two Bond actors had in common

Only Sir Roger Moore and Timothy Dalton had David Hedison playing Felix Leiter in their movies.

Only Pierce Brosnan's and Daniel Craig's Bonds were directed By Martin Campbell.

Only Brozzer and Craig had Judi Dench as M.

Knowing who to trust is Everything in this business.       

TIS  - "The moment you think you got it figured - you're wrong"

5

Re: Name facts that only two Bond actors had in common

Only George Lazenby and David Niven played Bond just once.

Only Daniel Craig and Roger Moore pushed someone off a ledge after that person tried to grab them.

“Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to a better understanding of ourselves.” - Carl Jung

6

Re: Name facts that only two Bond actors had in common

Only George Lazenby and David Niven played Bond just once.

Only Daniel Craig and Roger Moore pushed someone off a ledge after that person tried to grab them.

“Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to a better understanding of ourselves.” - Carl Jung

7

Re: Name facts that only two Bond actors had in common

Only Connery and Brosnan encountered a female main antagonist (Rosa Klebb and Elektra King respectively).

8

Re: Name facts that only two Bond actors had in common

Roger Moore and Daniel Craig are the only Bond Actors not to have black hair.

(Although for some reason Craig is getting negative attention for it but Moore never did lol.)

9

Re: Name facts that only two Bond actors had in common

Only Connery and Craig have dealt with a multi-film story arc.

Only Connery and Lazenby have married (as Bond).

Only Lazenby and Craig have encountered a main Bond girl who is killed.

10

Re: Name facts that only two Bond actors had in common

- Only Connery and Brosnan used mini breathing devices
- Only Dalton and Craig had a signature gun
- Only Moore and Connery used Walther P5
- Only Brosnan and Craig has used Walther P99
- Only Lazenby and Craig drove AM DBS
- Only Brozzer and Craig wore Omega watches
- Only Dalton and Brosnan had played together with Joe Don Baker
- Only Dalton and Brosnan drove on ice escaping the enemy
- Only Moore and Brosnan had Philishave razors
- Only Connery and Brosnan had ejector seats in their cars
- Only Connery and Moore confronted an enemy with a golden gun

Knowing who to trust is Everything in this business.       

TIS  - "The moment you think you got it figured - you're wrong"

11

Re: Name facts that only two Bond actors had in common

Only Dalton and Brosnan have appeared in a film featuring an UAZ-469-series 4x4 (the difference between the UAZ-469 and UAZ-469B is really minimal).  Okay, what's the significance of that?  Despite appearing in more films than the iconic Yellow Moke and literally just one behind the Aston Martin DB5, thus making it the second-most seen non-background vehicle in the entire Bond franchise, one made a brief cameo in TLD and appeared rather prominently in every one of Brosnan's films.  It's not been seen since.

By the way, are you gonna eat that?

12

Re: Name facts that only two Bond actors had in common

Brosnan and Craig are the only Bond actors to ruin a Bond Trademark

13

Re: Name facts that only two Bond actors had in common

GordoLeiter wrote:

Brosnan and Craig are the only Bond actors to ruin a Bond Trademark

Hmmm... What do you mean with this one?

Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews:  Recapping 007   
YouTube channel  Support my channel on Patreon  Twitter   Facebook fanpage

14

Re: Name facts that only two Bond actors had in common

Brosnan : "DISGUSTING HABITT" (One of Bond's trademarks is smoking a cigarette)

Craig : *after being asked if he wants his martini shaken or stirred* "Does it look like i give a   Brexit ?" ( Classic line destroyed)

15

Re: Name facts that only two Bond actors had in common

ajb007/martini   Good one, I'd never of thought of that.   ajb007/lol

“I remember the last thing my Nan said to me before she died.
‘What are you doing here with that hammer?’”..... Lee Mack.

16

Re: Name facts that only two Bond actors had in common

GordoLeiter wrote:

Brosnan : "DISGUSTING HABITT" (One of Bond's trademarks is smoking a cigarette)

Craig : *after being asked if he wants his martini shaken or stirred* "Does it look like i give a   Brexit ?" ( Classic line destroyed)

Haha okay, okay I see!  ajb007/lol

Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews:  Recapping 007   
YouTube channel  Support my channel on Patreon  Twitter   Facebook fanpage

17

Re: Name facts that only two Bond actors had in common

Moore/Craig - In South America.
Connery/Brosnan - In Istanbul.
Moore/Brosnan - Had a scene set in the Soviet Union.
Lazenby/Moore - Stood on top of a cable car.
Connery/Dalton - Fell or jumped from height into a swimming pool.
Connery/Moore - Directed by both Guy Hamilton and Lewis Gilbert.
Moore/Dalton - Directed by John Glen.

Hilly...you old devil!

18

Re: Name facts that only two Bond actors had in common

Only Sir Sean Connery and Sir Roger Moore starred in Bond films to which Dame Shirley Bassey sung the title song ajb007/smile

Only Sir Sean Connery and Sir Roger Moore were awarded Knight Commander of the British Empire.

"Watch the birdie, you bastard!"

Favourite Bond films list

19

Re: Name facts that only two Bond actors had in common

Sean Connery and George Lazenby are the two actors to have an orchestral title sequence theme

“The scent and smoke and sweat of a casino are nauseating at three in the morning. "
-Casino Royale, Ian Fleming

20

Re: Name facts that only two Bond actors had in common

Sean Connery and Roger Moore both fought a henchman in a train

21

Re: Name facts that only two Bond actors had in common

Only Connery and Moore have had an actress appear in two of their films as a different character - for Connery it was Martine Bestwick in From Russia With Love and Thunderball; for Moore it was Maud Adams in The Man With the Golden Gun and Octopussy.

"Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."

22

Re: Name facts that only two Bond actors had in common

Does it count if the fight is on top of a train? If so, it looks like Craig is about to join the ranks.

GordoLeiter wrote:

Sean Connery and Roger Moore both fought a henchman in a train

"Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."

23

Re: Name facts that only two Bond actors had in common

Question - has anyone other than Connery ever portrayed the same character (except Bond) in more than one movie?  Connery played Ramirez in Highlander and Highlander II.

"Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."

24

Re: Name facts that only two Bond actors had in common

Blackleiter wrote:

Only Connery and Moore have had an actress appear in two of their films as a different character - for Connery it was Martine Bestwick in From Russia With Love and Thunderball; for Moore it was Maud Adams in The Man With the Golden Gun and Octopussy.

Connery also had Eunice Gayson appearing in 2 movies (Dr No and FRWL)

1. Ohmss   2. Frwl   3. Op   4. Tswlm   5. Tld   6. Ge  7. Yolt 8. Lald   9. Cr   10. Ltk   11. Dn   12. Gf   13. Qos   14. Mr   15. Tmwtgg   16. Fyeo   17. Twine   18. Sf   19. Tb   20 Tnd   21. Spectre   22 Daf   23. Avtak   24. Dad

25

Re: Name facts that only two Bond actors had in common

Yes, but she played the same character (Sylvia Trench) in both films.

Peppermill wrote:
Blackleiter wrote:

Only Connery and Moore have had an actress appear in two of their films as a different character - for Connery it was Martine Bestwick in From Russia With Love and Thunderball; for Moore it was Maud Adams in The Man With the Golden Gun and Octopussy.

Connery also had Eunice Gayson appearing in 2 movies (Dr No and FRWL)

"Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."