51

Re: "Enjoying Death" Shirt: Update Post 926

Absolutely count me in!

Had a great experience with the ajb007 crew with the Madagascar shirt, so I'm definitely on board with the 'Enjoying Death" shirt!

Mantis, let's discuss what I can do to promote it on www.beingjamesbond.com.

"Resurrection."

52

Re: "Enjoying Death" Shirt: Update Post 926

Thanks for everyone getting on board...and Lagoona, the pics are amazing!  Joe, will be sending you an email today around how we cross-pollinate!

The Mantis was always The Bond Experience, but now he is The Bond Experience on AJB as well...
Visit youtube.com/TheBondExperience

53

Re: "Enjoying Death" Shirt: Update Post 926

Count me in too!! I saw this fabric in a Madagascar factory last year when i reported on here, but impossible to get the roll.

54

Re: "Enjoying Death" Shirt: Update Post 926

Count me in too!! I saw this fabric in a Madagascar factory last year when i reported on here, but impossible to get the roll.

55

Re: "Enjoying Death" Shirt: Update Post 926

count me in too please

56

Re: "Enjoying Death" Shirt: Update Post 926

As ever, I'm in.... ajb007/martini

57

Re: "Enjoying Death" Shirt: Update Post 926

Sir Miles wrote:

Wouldn't mind one of these - dependant upon price obviously...

My sentiments as well, but after the jackets, why stop now?  ajb007/lol

58

Re: "Enjoying Death" Shirt: Update Post 926

Speaking with a sales rep at one of the Zara stores near me, she told me that remaining stock of their items is boxed up and given to various charities.  Zara does not have any outlet stores.  Also, Zara's motto is limited quantities and short-term availability - if you want an item from them, you have to buy it when you see it.

Given that bit of info, let's hope Dave's conversation with their corporate department yields successful results.  With the overwhelming interest in this thread and Dave's proven track record, I remain very hopeful.   ajb007/smile

59

Re: "Enjoying Death" Shirt: Update Post 926

I'm in as well.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g111/quiksilver6184/007Sig.jpg

60

Re: "Enjoying Death" Shirt: Update Post 926

I'm in as well.

61

Re: "Enjoying Death" Shirt: Update Post 926

DBS wrote:

Speaking with a sales rep at one of the Zara stores near me, she told me that remaining stock of their items is boxed up and given to various charities.  Zara does not have any outlet stores.  Also, Zara's motto is limited quantities and short-term availability - if you want an item from them, you have to buy it when you see it.

Given that bit of info, let's hope Dave's conversation with their corporate department yields successful results.  With the overwhelming interest in this thread and Dave's proven track record, I remain very hopeful.   ajb007/smile

Hearing that, I wouldn't be surprised if the exclusivity is the reason why Temime chose the shirt.  I wonder if Zara will still be able to source the same cloth if they wanted to.

62

Re: "Enjoying Death" Shirt: Update Post 926

I've been trying to track down some other Zara items seen in Quantum for years with that exact issue.  Once the season is passed, its an ebay search or give up :/

63

Re: "Enjoying Death" Shirt: Update Post 926

dependent on price, i am in as well

"some men are coming to kill us, we're going to kill them first"

64

Re: "Enjoying Death" Shirt: Update Post 926

The Mantis wrote:

Folks, some time ago the shirt that Bond wears under his LVC jacket when he is "enjoying death" was identified and confirmed.  As this shirt is from a few seasons past and the internet has been scoured we began to discuss if a shirt could have a second-run, much like the Billy Reid jacket.  The company who made the shirt is Zara who did quite a bit in QoS as well.  It looks like production used Zara's shirt and made some changes to it (removing a grey placket etc..) but one of our own members, Lagoona, actually owns the correct shirt (congrats, brother!).

We have been in contact with Zara corporate to re-issue the shirt, but I believe they need some old fashioned SOCIAL MEDIA voices to be heard from the Bond community....so, much like the Billy Reid coat initiative, I would love to see who might be interested in Zara doing another run.  Once we have some "voices" on this thread, I will point our contact to this board and thread to illustrate the demand.  Will it work?  I don't know, but perhaps there are other companies as responsive as Billy Reid...and I have no idea what the price point would be, but let yourself be heard if you would be interested.  Below is a pic of Lagoona's RARE shirt!

I'd be interested too please

http://s8.postimage.org/7rld62si9/Foto0758.jpg

http://s7.postimage.org/winzxd33b/Foto0755.jpg

65

Re: "Enjoying Death" Shirt: Update Post 926

Hi guys, since when The Mantis and Lagoona knows the shirt is from Zara ? Because I have a lot of friends who work in Zara and they told me that 3 weeks ago they sent back 25 shirts to Spain , and an other shop close to me sent back 12 shirts.

66

Re: "Enjoying Death" Shirt: Update Post 926

timiblade wrote:

Hi guys, since when The Mantis and Lagoona knows the shirt is from Zara ? Because I have a lot of friends who work in Zara and they told me that 3 weeks ago they sent back 25 shirts to Spain , and an other shop close to me sent back 12 shirts.


Are they able to return them to the UK?

67

Re: "Enjoying Death" Shirt: Update Post 926

Count me in. I bought the Casino Roayle tuxedo shirt from Turnbull & Asser and was lucky enough to have been included in the Madagascar shirt project when that was produced so I am an enthusiastic "Yes!" on this shirt as well.

"I musht be dreaming."

68

Re: "Enjoying Death" Shirt: Update Post 926

What happened during the Madagascar shirt project?
The shirt got reproduced?
Hope something will happening with the Zara Shirt. The Zara Stores near me didn´t know anything about it,

69

Re: "Enjoying Death" Shirt: Update Post 926

Gatsby wrote:

What happened during the Madagascar shirt project?
The shirt got reproduced?
Hope something will happening with the Zara Shirt. The Zara Stores near me didn´t know anything about it,

You can buy the Madagascar shirt from Magnoli ;P

70

Re: "Enjoying Death" Shirt: Update Post 926

MrZareba wrote:
Gatsby wrote:

What happened during the Madagascar shirt project?
The shirt got reproduced?
Hope something will happening with the Zara Shirt. The Zara Stores near me didn´t know anything about it,

You can buy the Madagascar shirt from Magnoli ;P

You can but there was a REAL Madagascar shirt project that came from the same source as DCs

Instagram - bondclothes007

71

Re: "Enjoying Death" Shirt: Update Post 926

Is the Zara shirt from summer 2011 or 2012 ?

72

Re: "Enjoying Death" Shirt: Update Post 926

Thomo wrote:

Is the Zara shirt from summer 2011 or 2012 ?

I thought someone said it was winter 2011?  If anything else, though, I think it would have been spring 2012.

73

Re: "Enjoying Death" Shirt: Update Post 926

Just popped into the local Zara. I'm down for a commission, as I said, but their stuff seems much more affordable/mass produced than I was expecting, given their inclusion in the film.

Last edited by HalfMonk HalfHitman (10th Sep 2012 20:00)

74

Re: "Enjoying Death" Shirt: Update Post 926

When I've been in a pinch, both Zara and H&M have come in very handy.  The two seem somewhat comparable.

Last edited by jonny-dh (11th Sep 2012 23:33)

75

Re: "Enjoying Death" Shirt: Update Post 926

That was my thought exactly! It's a very upscale looking store in a high end shopping neighborhood.  But the prices are very low. A lot of their casual dress shirts would look good with the jacket, honestly.

Last edited by HalfMonk HalfHitman (10th Sep 2012 19:57)