1,276

Re: "Enjoying Death" Shirt: Update Post 926

Yeah, I don't know.

My observation was to those saying "we're sizing up, isn't that what we did last time?", which isn't quite true.

1,277

Re: "Enjoying Death" Shirt: Update Post 926

Can we get an answer from Hart himself? 

I don't want to find out my 300+ dlls went to waste after waiting over a year and finding out my two shirts wont fit.  I seriously doubt you could make one shirt out of the two.

ajb007/crap

1,278

Re: "Enjoying Death" Shirt: Update Post 926

My advice to Hart, for what it's worth, has been to over communicate all along.  People, and especially people on this board, have a remarkably high tolerance for waiting IF they know what they are waiting for. I truly hope Hart is correcting the tags in the shirt to read more in line with the measurement chart.  My XL fits me like a medium would in most shirts but I would rather it read medium in the tag....just less of a reminder of the sizing issues etc.  As some have mentioned the has been only one run so far and it seems as if the second run tailoring has begun.  I will say it is a fact that it is difficult to get these short runs done through the manufacturer that Hart is using but waiting is waiting and I know patience is wearing thin. I myself am still waiting on one shirt to come in.   

Hart, I think even a daily answering of questions and concerns on this board would not be a bad thing just to keep people in the know and expectations clear.

The Mantis was always The Bond Experience, but now he is The Bond Experience on AJB as well...
Visit youtube.com/TheBondExperience

1,279

Re: "Enjoying Death" Shirt: Update Post 926

I'm curious what the total number of shirts purchased were, how many were received and how many people are still waiting?

Chris

1,280

Re: "Enjoying Death" Shirt: Update Post 926

Chri360936 wrote:

I'm curious what the total number of shirts purchased were, how many were received and how many people are still waiting?

Chris

Was about 100-150 on the list, seems like a dozen or so were sent out to UK board members, and to Mantis.

1,281

Re: "Enjoying Death" Shirt: Update Post 926

Some folks in the US got theirs, too. I know because I'm one of them. I think there were eight on the email I got saying we were getting ours. Excluding Mantis.

1,282

Re: "Enjoying Death" Shirt: Update Post 926

To answer Kadd's question, my 'small sized 'Large'' has no darts... I had forgotten about those...

http://s14.postimg.cc/xkhsiqxh9/image.jpg

1,283

Re: "Enjoying Death" Shirt: Update Post 926

Any updates?

1,284

Re: "Enjoying Death" Shirt: Update Post 926

Hey guys i thank you for your patience and tolerance.
Yes the shirt was tailored to  be identical with the zara youth but the darts were excluded as  the taylors refused to include darts they  say it will shrink even more during the garment wash procedure.  The shorts are done. And. I will pic them up this week . In total pnly 120 were ordered i have included all buyers in one email group  i pick up the shirts this week and will garment wash  and send pics after that it is sent off to you all. Re the label size better to follow the taylor so they wont confuse themselves . The size label better to cut off if u use for personal use i will send pics son guys

Yes i did ride the CAT

1,285

Re: "Enjoying Death" Shirt: Update Post 926

Hi Hart, thanks or the update... I'm just a little concerned as I understood that last time, after the garment wash, the shirts shrunk considerably.

How will you check the sizes to ensure everyone gets a shirt that fits?

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."

1,286

Re: "Enjoying Death" Shirt: Update Post 926

Charmed & Dangerous wrote:

Hi Hart, thanks or the update... I'm just a little concerned as I understood that last time, after the garment wash, the shirts shrunk considerably.

How will you check the sizes to ensure everyone gets a shirt that fits?

ajb007/rolleyes Easy...!!
The manufacturer makes a shirt 4 sizes larger than the one you ordered, using a different size chart to the one you used, then shrinks it down to a size 2 sizes larger than the one you ordered...
Obviously, nobody has seen the manufacturers chart but it's similar to the one we used only with more Xs on it.
The manufacturers label will obviously be different to the one you were expecting so if and when your shirt arrives, simply cut off the label and BOOM! A perfectly fitting shirt built not to Zara sizes but to proper adult sizes as intended!! However... there may need to be some adjustments to the sleeves and/or length of the shirt...
Well, that's how I understand it. I may be wrong...  ajb007/bond

1,287

Re: "Enjoying Death" Shirt: Update Post 926

^ thought that might be the answer  ajb007/lol

Instagram - bondclothes007

1,288

Re: "Enjoying Death" Shirt: Update Post 926

Yes @uncle027 we try to make it is as similar to zara original shirt as possible even the curves on the waist the collar and all (except the darts ) hope to post pics end of this week guys
Cheers

Yes i did ride the CAT

1,289

Re: "Enjoying Death" Shirt: Update Post 926

UNCLE27 wrote:
Charmed & Dangerous wrote:

Hi Hart, thanks or the update... I'm just a little concerned as I understood that last time, after the garment wash, the shirts shrunk considerably.

How will you check the sizes to ensure everyone gets a shirt that fits?

ajb007/rolleyes Easy...!!

? I'm not aware that my earlier post was in any way challenging? ajb007/confused 

it's just that it seems to me there's room for error with 'make it four sizes larger then hopefully shrink it down two sizes'.  ajb007/lol And given that this is an opportunity to correct the issues with the first run to, umm, reward the patience of these who haven't received a shirt yet, I was wondering how Hart (who has done a good job so far under challenging circumstances) could check the sizing.  ajb007/martini

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."

1,290

Re: "Enjoying Death" Shirt: Update Post 926

I was saying that the answer to ensuring the sizing issue is correct was easy. Before going on to suggest (with tongue firmly in cheek!) that it isn't. Seems the humour and irony has been lost in translation somewhere.

However, Hart has clearly stated that he is sticking with the manufacturers size chart used in Run 1 so as not to confuse them. We will therefore be receiving a shirt 2 sizes larger than the one we ordered and hopefully it will fit....

1,291

Re: "Enjoying Death" Shirt: Update Post 926

I am genuinely surprised that finished shirts can be shrunk to size without problems, but then, file that under "what do I know". That's the big file, over there.

1,292

Re: "Enjoying Death" Shirt: Update Post 926

Hart008 wrote:

Hey guys i thank you for your patience and tolerance.
Yes the shirt was tailored to  be identical with the zara youth but the darts were excluded as  the taylors refused to include darts they  say it will shrink even more during the garment wash procedure.  The shorts are done. And. I will pic them up this week . In total pnly 120 were ordered i have included all buyers in one email group  i pick up the shirts this week and will garment wash  and send pics after that it is sent off to you all. Re the label size better to follow the taylor so they wont confuse themselves . The size label better to cut off if u use for personal use i will send pics son guys

Thank you Leonard.  So if I understand correctly, the sizes are the same just with more X's?

So if someone ordered an XL, what are they now getting?

Thank you again, bang up job!

1,293

Re: "Enjoying Death" Shirt: Update Post 926

DieMrBond wrote:
Hart008 wrote:

Hey guys i thank you for your patience and tolerance.
Yes the shirt was tailored to  be identical with the zara youth but the darts were excluded as  the taylors refused to include darts they  say it will shrink even more during the garment wash procedure.  The shorts are done. And. I will pic them up this week . In total pnly 120 were ordered i have included all buyers in one email group  i pick up the shirts this week and will garment wash  and send pics after that it is sent off to you all. Re the label size better to follow the taylor so they wont confuse themselves . The size label better to cut off if u use for personal use i will send pics son guys

Thank you Leonard.  So if I understand correctly, the sizes are the same just with more X's?

So if someone ordered an XL, what are they now getting?

Thank you again, bang up job!

DieMrBond wrote:
Hart008 wrote:

Hey guys i thank you for your patience and tolerance.
Yes the shirt was tailored to  be identical with the zara youth but the darts were excluded as  the taylors refused to include darts they  say it will shrink even more during the garment wash procedure.  The shorts are done. And. I will pic them up this week . In total pnly 120 were ordered i have included all buyers in one email group  i pick up the shirts this week and will garment wash  and send pics after that it is sent off to you all. Re the label size better to follow the taylor so they wont confuse themselves . The size label better to cut off if u use for personal use i will send pics son guys

Thank you Leonard.  So if I understand correctly, the sizes are the same just with more X's?

So if someone ordered an XL, what are they now getting?

Thank you again, bang up job!

If you ordered an XL, you will be getting an XL.

As it’s from an asian tailoring company, it will say something different (XXL maybe?) but it will still be an XL. 

Feels like a classic exercise in Baudrillard-style semantics. Is the 5:30 train still the 5:30 train if it’s late?

1,294

Re: "Enjoying Death" Shirt: Update Post 926

Ward wrote:

If you ordered an XL, you will be getting an XL.
As it’s from an asian tailoring company, it will say something different (XXL maybe?) but it will still be an XL. 
Feels like a classic exercise in Baudrillard-style semantics. Is the 5:30 train still the 5:30 train if it’s late?

Well, as long as I get my true sizes, then I'll be happy.

Thanks

1,295

Re: "Enjoying Death" Shirt: Update Post 926

How are we doing on this? The shirts have been at the tailors for a while. Wouldn't be surprised if they were ready.

1,296

Re: "Enjoying Death" Shirt: Update Post 926

Ward wrote:

How are we doing on this? The shirts have been at the tailors for a while. Wouldn't be surprised if they were ready.

Agreed. 

Thanks

1,297

Re: "Enjoying Death" Shirt: Update Post 926

Hart008 wrote:

Hey guys i thank you for your patience and tolerance.
Yes the shirt was tailored to  be identical with the zara youth but the darts were excluded as  the taylors refused to include darts they  say it will shrink even more during the garment wash procedure.  The shorts are done. And. I will pic them up this week . In total pnly 120 were ordered i have included all buyers in one email group  i pick up the shirts this week and will garment wash  and send pics after that it is sent off to you all. Re the label size better to follow the taylor so they wont confuse themselves . The size label better to cut off if u use for personal use i will send pics son guys

The shirts were ready some time ago. They just needed to be collected shrink-washed and sent out.....

1,298

Re: "Enjoying Death" Shirt: Update Post 926

Due to my line of work Zara are a client. If we can get enough pledges I reckon I could get it in to the hands of the right person in Sociedad to see there is a market to do a lomited rerun of the original shirt. Up to you guys if you want to do a kick starter project or petition, I would be happy to pass it on.

1,299

Re: "Enjoying Death" Shirt: Update Post 926

InternationalExports wrote:

Due to my line of work Zara are a client. If we can get enough pledges I reckon I could get it in to the hands of the right person in Sociedad to see there is a market to do a lomited rerun of the original shirt. Up to you guys if you want to do a kick starter project or petition, I would be happy to pass it on.

Absolutely. Paul Smith did a limited reissue of the shirt Matt Smith wore in Doctor Who after enough fans asked.

1,300

Re: "Enjoying Death" Shirt: Update Post 926

First post here but I've been following this thread for awhile. Would love to sign a petition to bring back this shirt!