1

Topic: THE ULTIMATE OHMSS wedding ring! Period!

After a loooooooong waiting time - this came from my silversmith today.
Same guy who's also doing my Faberge egg ajb007/wink

http://www.bondtoys.de/OHMSS.jpg

Anybody have an idea?  ajb007/biggrin

Last edited by Higgins (14th Sep 2012 06:37)

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

2

Re: THE ULTIMATE OHMSS wedding ring! Period!

We have all the time in the world.
Nice wedding ring!!!  You had it custom made?  Looks Fantastic!  ajb007/cheers

3

Re: THE ULTIMATE OHMSS wedding ring! Period!

Congratulations on getting it made mate  ajb007/martini

We need to see it on Cathys hand, that would make a very cool pic  ajb007/smile

Trust No One

4

Re: THE ULTIMATE OHMSS wedding ring! Period!

nice to see the prop flame burning mate, stunning work  ajb007/martini

'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
www.helpforheroes.org.uk
www.cancerresearchuk.org

5

Re: THE ULTIMATE OHMSS wedding ring! Period!

Cathy? Who's Cathy?  ajb007/biggrin

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

6

Re: THE ULTIMATE OHMSS wedding ring! Period!

next one will be some accurate CR cufflinks. I think, that I can surpass Mac slightly  ajb007/biggrin

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

7

Re: THE ULTIMATE OHMSS wedding ring! Period!

Bondtoys wrote:

next one will be some accurate CR cufflinks. I think, that I can surpass Mac slightly  ajb007/biggrin

not much of an achievement though is it?  ajb007/lol

'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
www.helpforheroes.org.uk
www.cancerresearchuk.org

8

Re: THE ULTIMATE OHMSS wedding ring! Period!

LOVE IT markus... LOVE IT  ajb007/heart

"We Have All the Time in the World"  ajb007/biggrin

9

Re: THE ULTIMATE OHMSS wedding ring! Period!

Bondtoys wrote:

next one will be some accurate CR cufflinks. I think, that I can surpass Mac slightly  ajb007/biggrin

How about some SF cufflinks with the Bond family coat of arms...oh, that's another thread, isn't it?

10

Re: THE ULTIMATE OHMSS wedding ring! Period!

I am more into older things.

That's why Pete is me mate  ajb007/biggrin

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

11

Re: THE ULTIMATE OHMSS wedding ring! Period!

Wow - amazing project Markus!!  Looks great!!

Instagram - bondclothes007

12

Re: THE ULTIMATE OHMSS wedding ring! Period!

looking good  ajb007/martini

13

Re: THE ULTIMATE OHMSS wedding ring! Period!

Absolutely stunning piece Markus !!!  I love it  ajb007/heart

Knowing who to trust is Everything in this business.       

TIS  - "The moment you think you got it figured - you're wrong"

14

Re: THE ULTIMATE OHMSS wedding ring! Period!

Bondtoys wrote:

next one will be some accurate CR cufflinks. I think, that I can surpass Mac slightly  ajb007/biggrin

I had some custom made Golden Gun cufflinks made once....they were superb...

As for the wedding ring ? Absolutely Stunning....it is a credit to you....and if Cathy doesn't want it...you can always post it on to me  ajb007/embarrassed   ajb007/lol 

Congrats  ajb007/martini

YNWA: Justice For The 96

The Joy Of 6

15

Re: THE ULTIMATE OHMSS wedding ring! Period!

Absolutely gorgeous piece...I have a horrible plastic version that I want to take a hammer to now!   ajb007/smile

The Mantis was always The Bond Experience, but now he is The Bond Experience on AJB as well...
Visit youtube.com/TheBondExperience

16

Re: THE ULTIMATE OHMSS wedding ring! Period!

That is awsome!  I've always wanted that ring.  How did you get images of the entire ring before you had it made?  I had contacted one of the owners of the ring from the Christie's catalog to have it copied, but they were not too interested.  I don't blame them.  If memory serves that ring from the auction was one of the copies sold through a London retailer.  I think it was Lee Pfeiffer that put me in contact.  Anyway, nice ring but please give us the inside dope.

DG

Last edited by Donald Grant (12th Sep 2012 21:33)

So, what sharp little eyes you've got...wait till you get to my teeth.
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee124/DonaldGrantPhotos/image_zps6a725e59.jpg
"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."  Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.

17

Re: THE ULTIMATE OHMSS wedding ring! Period!

Thanks guys for the kind words.
I particularly enjoy that even Sir Miles does not find a point where to criticize me  ajb007/shifty

DG, glad to see you still kicking, old friend.

Now about the ring: I am afraid, that I will have to be VERY careful with sharing my informations in public. What I don't want is that the guys from Argentina or some other smartarse takes that information or gets access to one of these rings and copies it. So, please take this as a background for everything that I say and do in this project.

I know exactly how the original ring looked like, I am one of the few people who even knows exactly how the silver part of the ring is.

Getting access to all that info was a combination of long-time collecting, personal connections and sheer luck!  ajb007/biggrin


2 rings have been shipped out to 2 nice people yesterday, I am sure that they will turn up here after they have received them  ajb007/biggrin

Last edited by Higgins (13th Sep 2012 12:02)

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

18

Re: THE ULTIMATE OHMSS wedding ring! Period!

Bondtoys wrote:

First rings have been shipped out to 2 nice people yesterday, I am sure that they will turn up here after they have received them  ajb007/biggrin

Lucky bastards!!

To be honest Markus, I totally agree with you're saying about keeping the design a secret.

The argies have a reputation not only in making some of the finest grade A sh1t, but also sadly of robbing other peoples ideas. (QoS DBS with damage perhaps, or the TB breather?). I guess it's a compliment of sorts that they think stuff on here accurate enough to copy. It's just a shame their work is lazy and poorly made.

Anyways, back to your lovely shiny ring. If I was after one, I'd even state it in writing that any pics would be vetted by you before published to the net so you could control how much is shown off. To be able to produce a replica as accurate as that must have taken a lot of time and work on your behalf. I've always said that making something isn't the hard part, it's finding the info and figuring out HOW to make something that's the difficult bit.

Top marks for the hard work and effort mate, I hope anyone who gets one of these respects your choice and abides by your wishes. Something tells me that you'll not have any problems though ajb007/martini

MG

'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
www.helpforheroes.org.uk
www.cancerresearchuk.org

19

Re: THE ULTIMATE OHMSS wedding ring! Period!

ajb007/shifty  MG, don't hang out here on AJB so often, get these Moonraker cams ready! ajb007/shifty

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

20

Re: THE ULTIMATE OHMSS wedding ring! Period!

Bondtoys wrote:

ajb007/shifty  MG, don't hang out here on AJB so often, get these Moonraker cams ready! ajb007/shifty

I would make a MR cam, but I can't find a reason why to.

And do you mind? I'm busy on the throne here!  ajb007/amazed

'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
www.helpforheroes.org.uk
www.cancerresearchuk.org

21

Re: THE ULTIMATE OHMSS wedding ring! Period!

Markus,
What is left to say...its MAGNIFICENT!!!!
Ed

22

Re: THE ULTIMATE OHMSS wedding ring! Period!

thespyboys11 wrote:

Markus,
What is left to say...its MAGNIFICENT!!!!
Ed

is it official that Markus has the most magnificent ring on AJB?

(hey if i didnt say something, someone else would have)

'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
www.helpforheroes.org.uk
www.cancerresearchuk.org

23

Re: THE ULTIMATE OHMSS wedding ring! Period!

Great job, Markus! Very original piece. Seeing it so upclose, it's actually a peace, free love and earmuffs-style 1960s design!

24

Re: THE ULTIMATE OHMSS wedding ring! Period!

You are not the only one to see his ring up close  ajb007/embarrassed

Trust No One

25

Re: THE ULTIMATE OHMSS wedding ring! Period!

ajb007/amazed  I can see this thread going downhill from now on  ajb007/rolleyes
Remmert, I am happy that you did not mention drugs ....  ajb007/biggrin

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!