Re: THE ULTIMATE OHMSS wedding ring! Period!

If you talk about the MR camera, ask Pete  ajb007/embarrassed

If you are talking about the ring, it's not for sale

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

minigeff wrote:

Have you looked up Pete's arse? It might have got stuck up there  ajb007/amazed   ajb007/tongue   ajb007/lol

The last time that I've checked, it was definitely not there  ajb007/cool

FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

AH HA, but my arse has hidden depths  ajb007/biggrin

***One day at a time***

Not as good as Markus pics, but anyway.
http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t513/danjaq_0ff/IMG_1358.jpg
http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t513/danjaq_0ff/IMG_1354.jpg

***One day at a time***

Let me get this straight, Markus has a lovely shiny ring with which great care should be taken when handling, especially polishing, and he's got a beautiful velvet lined box too, and he's let a privileged few get their hands on them?

The double entendre-o-meter just buried the needle.  ajb007/embarrassed   ajb007/lol

Last edited by minigeff (16th Sep 2012 07:17)

'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
www.helpforheroes.org.uk
www.cancerresearchuk.org

Odd Job's hat off to you on the wedding Ring - Fantastic Work  ajb007/bond

looks stunning - what a beauty.....  ajb007/martini  nice work... Looking at the
''Arts Galore Of London's Replica Wedding'' that was made in 1969
and looking at the wedding ring in the film... It looks like a different
style of wedding ring - Hardly any photos exist of the ring from the
film and the Arts Galore, replica... Odd since one of the replicas
supposedly sold at a Christies Auction in recent years, But never been
able to find any info or photos of it.....

The Arts Galore ring came in a vintage style of box... like this

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/VINTAGE-RETRO-JEWELLERY-RING-DISPLAY-BOX-JEWELRY-PRESENTATION-CASE-M58-/00/s/MTAyNFg3NTk=/$(KGrHqN,!rUE-lO7S!hGBP8LTwGFLQ~~60_12.JPG

its a shame the cut scenes from OHMSS werent kept in, when you see
Bond and Tracy shopping and choosing the ring, with Irma Bunt watching
them from outside... a few photos of it are around but not in great detail

Anyway.... Great Work BONDTOYS  ajb007/smile  ajb007/bond  ajb007/smile  ajb007/martini

Hello Mick,

thank you for the kind words.
The mentioned 1998 Christie's replica ring was pulled for unknown reasons prior to the auction, so it was never really sold.
That's probably one of the reasons why we've never gotten more pics from it.

My ring matches with the screen seen ring as Pete found out yesterday and prove it. Great work mate, you are my star!  ajb007/heart

Bondtoys wrote:

Hello Mick,

thank you for the kind words.
The mentioned 1998 Christie's replica ring was pulled for unknown reasons prior to the auction, so it was never really sold.
That's probably one of the reasons why we've never gotten more pics from it.

My ring matches with the screen seen ring as Pete found out yesterday and prove it. Great work mate, you are my star!  ajb007/heart

Markus, I don't consider your OHMSS ring to be a replica mate, it's that accurate that I'd consider it to be classed as a continuation of the original rings.

Its stunning mate, the most accurate 'home brew' project I've seen.

www.helpforheroes.org.uk
www.cancerresearchuk.org

Thanks mate, but that Christie's ring I would also NOT define to be a replica in that context.
It's as accurate as mine  ajb007/wink

Now that Arts Galore ring  ajb007/rolleyes  wouldn't THAT be something for you to replicate?  ajb007/biggrin

Bondtoys wrote:

Arts Galore

"...I must be dreaming"

Aghh I see thanks for the info guys..  ajb007/bond  mmmm... wonder why
it was pulled... I am sure in one of the Bond Ref Books.. there is a
mention of one selling at Auction aside from the Christies Auction..
if there are Arts Galore rings out there... wonder why no good photos
have ever came about.. it would certainly boost their profiles a bit

some sources claim it was never actualy produced ...  ajb007/crap  an intended
production ring to be sold to the public... but never was..... I have read
But it clearly was available... for 10 Shillings.... or something like that ..

JUST IMAGINE how great an investment a load of them would have been
back in 1969.... wonder if any Bond fan ever gave his other half One as
their wedding ring...

Like I say outstanding work on the Ring... Both of You.... stunning  ajb007/bond

scaramangasgoldengun wrote:

Both of You.... stunning  ajb007/bond

both of who?  ajb007/insane

www.helpforheroes.org.uk
www.cancerresearchuk.org

So are you taking orders for this now LOL! What a fantastic piece, great job.

scaramangasgoldengun wrote:

... wonder if any Bond fan ever gave his other half One as
their wedding ring...

That would be one lucky girl!

BondGroupie wrote:

That would be one lucky girl!

you tell that my wife, please  ajb007/wink

I was at the Christies auction and met a woman who bought the ring - was it pulled after the auction? I have lots of high res shots of it somewhere.

Interesting, Nick.
I wanted to bid on the ring back then and have been told, that the ring has been pulled back by the seller.

From the results section at Christies referring to the 1998 Auction (I was there too, but my pockets were a little too deep at the time and my arms too short )  There is no mention of the ring being pulled, it certainly wasn't pulled prior to or during the sale and the catalogue shows a price realised, normally it would show a footnote indicating that it had been pulled post sale.

Lot Description
ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE, 1969
A Charles de Temple two-colour gold wedding ring, the stylized open-work band design forming the words all the love in the world, the interior with makers signature C DE T -- the ring, a replica of the one used in the famous wedding sequence in the 1969 United Artists/EON film On Her Majesty's Secret Service

Lot Notes
This replica ring commissioned from the fashionable sixties jeweller, Charles de Temple, is identical to the one given by James Bond [George Lazenby] to Contessa Teresa di Vicenzo/Tracy [Diana Rigg] on the only occasion in any Bond film that the British agent marries. The words on the band are a reference to the title song We Have All The Time In The World, sung by Louis Armstrong, arguably the most successful song of any Bond movie. Bond's own last words in the film's moving final sequence also are a reference to the song title, when cradling Tracy in his arms after she's been shot he too says 'we have all the time in the world'

Estimate £2,000 - £3,000
Price Realised £4830

ok, I stand corrected and Christie's in Hamburg told me wrong.

Woah, GBP 5000 in 1998 plus tax and premium......
Thanks GM for that info.

Voituer wrote:

I was at the Christies auction and met a woman who bought the ring - was it pulled after the auction? I have lots of high res shots of it somewhere.

T'wasn't. I know the owner. Markus, did you receive my e-mails?

Thanks.

Bondtoys wrote:

ajb007/amazed  I can see this thread going downhill from now on  ajb007/rolleyes

You've not experienced downhill......  you have no concept of how downhill a hill downhill can be.    Before this point downhill to you hase been a zero gravity force upon an vertical plain.  There has been no downhill so epic as the downhill you are about to experience, this is about to go so downhill that the gravitational pull of a super massive black hole wouldn't slow it down.......   I'M BACK!!!!!

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

Good to see you back buddy!!!

Asp9mm wrote:
Bondtoys wrote:

ajb007/amazed  I can see this thread going downhill from now on  ajb007/rolleyes

You've not experienced downhill......  you have no concept of how downhill a hill downhill can be.    Before this point downhill to you hase been a zero gravity force upon an vertical plain.  There has been no downhill so epic as the downhill you are about to experience, this is about to go so downhill that the gravitational pull of a super massive black hole wouldn't slow it down.......   I'M BACK!!!!!

Asp9mm wrote:

Too bad that you haven't decided to stay where you are  ajb007/rolleyes  but I say politely welcome back

Now that we've gotten explained Asp9mm's gravitation theory, this thread is definitely going downwards  ajb007/mad

Asp9mm wrote:

Before this point downhill to you hase been

Sniffing too much snake poison recently?  ajb007/rolleyes

In german "hase" = rabbit btw.

Bondtoys wrote:
Asp9mm wrote:

Before this point downhill to you hase been

Sniffing too much snake poison recently?  ajb007/rolleyes

Venom you imbecile.  Snakes have venom, not poison.  Eeejit hase brained numpty that you are  ajb007/smile

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............