A request for topic titles

Hello....

As some of us haven't seen skyfall, and some members on here not seeing it for quite some time... can we NOT name any TOPIC titles that could be a potential spoiler...

Don't mean to be picky, but things like "Motobike rooftop chase" is potentially a spoiler.... and there is NO way of NOT reading it.... (unlike the topic title "I had a thought" - then a spoiler warning - which to me much more considerate)

Just thinking of everyone here.... I'm not sure how to enforce this... but perhaps a sticky (like the rules in the collecting forum) ???
She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony

Comments

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,518Chief of Staff
    It would be nice if people followed these rules...but it's difficult to enforce...although I have deleted several topics in the Skyfall forum where individual members decided to have a seperate topic for their film review...please use the two that are already open -{
    YNWA 97
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    While I agree with lexi totally, and sympathise with Sir Mile's workload with regards keeping the boards in check, I can't help think that a little common sense from members here would be useful to avoid people getting annoyed when another plot detail etc emerges. Ie, we should all be sensible enough to not have to have the above point this out.

Filling threads with spoilers and omitting any warnings will simply put people off using AJB, not encourage new members.

Wherever we're posting, on whatever subject, we should all think before we click 'submit' so we can actually leave some shocks and plot twists to be learnt in the cinema, and not on here.

Quite ironic that of all people on here, it's me, 'mr trouble maker' who had to point this out :s
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    minigeff wrote:
    Quite ironic that of all people on here, it's me, 'mr trouble maker' who had to point this out :s

I know....makes me wonder if I'm right now :( :))

And we really MUST bear in mind that Skyfall has yet to open in some major territories...and we must be respectful of that -{
    YNWA 97
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Thanks guys for the back up on this, and SM for putting a sticky on the Skyfall thread. -{

I know it's easy to get carried away when you've just seen the movie to tell all....but our overseas members have some time to wait.

Thanks again.
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • PredatorPredator Posts: 790Chief of Staff
    minigeff wrote:
    While I agree with lexi totally, and sympathise with Sir Mile's workload with regards keeping the boards in check, I can't help think that a little common sense from members here would be useful to avoid people getting annoyed when another plot detail etc emerges. Ie, we should all be sensible enough to not have to have the above point this out.

Filling threads with spoilers and omitting any warnings will simply put people off using AJB, not encourage new members.

Wherever we're posting, on whatever subject, we should all think before we click 'submit' so we can actually leave some shocks and plot twists to be learnt in the cinema, and not on here

... which is why I mentioned it on the first post of the spoilers review thread.

Nevertheless, as Sir Miles says, the mods will remove amend posts as appropriate.
    Predator wrote:
    minigeff wrote:

Wherever we're posting, on whatever subject, we should all think before we click 'submit' so we can actually leave some shocks and plot twists to be learnt in the cinema, and not on here

... which is why I mentioned it on the first post of the spoilers review thread.

Nevertheless, as Sir Miles says, the mods will remove amend posts as appropriate.

Well I wasn't referring to any particular thread dear old chump, more really a general comment that everyone should be using some common sense to avoid spoiling the film for people in whatever thread they're posting.

I know you mods have a hard task playing 'splat the rat' as it were with spoilers etc, but I fear you won't be able to notice every spoiler inadvertently posted. This is no fault of yours, we can't expect you to constantly monitor the boards, so with this in mind we should encourage everyone to use some common sense when posting to make everyone's lives a little easier.

Big hugs ducky

MG -{
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    I've asked before but still no-ones answered me yet, but how do you add spoiler tags? As I have completely forgotten how to..
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
    edited October 2012
    Jarvio wrote:
    I've asked before but still no-ones answered me yet, but how do you add spoiler tags? As I have completely forgotten how to..

Easy mate, just type [ spoiler] at the start and [ /spoiler] at the end of the part you wish to hide.

Like this;
    bollocks
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:
    Jarvio wrote:

Easy mate, just type [ spoiler] at the start and [ /spoiler] at the end of the part you wish to hide.

Like this;
    bollocks

Thanks for that, I thought it was something like that -{
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
    Jarvio wrote:
    minigeff wrote:
    Jarvio wrote:

Like this;
    bollocks

Thanks for that, I thought it was something like that -{

With minigeff is usually is 8-)

Hugs and kisses B-)
    YNWA 97