Bond 24 already on the cards

Brosnan_fanBrosnan_fan Sydney, AustraliaPosts: 521MI6 Agent
http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=10549&t=mi6&s=news

John Logan, who co-wrote SF with long-serving Bond writers Neal Purvis and Robert Wade, is already penning the next Bond outing.

Everybody mark your calendars for 2014.
"Well, he certainly left with his tails between his legs."

Comments

• LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    And already Craig is getting in some thoughts about the next Bond girl :))

Bond likes it dirty!
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,239MI6 Agent
    With CR being a spring film, QoS a summer looking movie and SF quite autumnal, I reckon the next one will have a wintery feel. And as Spacey wants to be a villain with Mendes' direction, maybe expect a Blofeld OHMSS type thing.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    Awwwwww, Nap! How I hope you are right.
    My feeling is that Mendes won't return though and Blofeld should stay in the 1960s.
    As I have said before, bringing Blofeld back would just look tired and outdated, as if they are parodying themselves.
  • BIG TAMBIG TAM Wrexham, North Wales, UK.Posts: 773MI6 Agent
    I read some interesting threads on CommanderBond.net yesterday about how SPECTRE might return. It's worth having a look. Somebody mentioned Ciaran Hinds might make a good Blofeld & I wouldn't disagree.

Also interesting are three potential titles for BOND 23 before SKYFALL was chosen - SILVER BULLET, A KILLING MOON & ONCE UPON A SPY. I quite like the last one but the first two sound more like TWILIGHT spin-offs.
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    BIG TAM wrote:
    I read some interesting threads on CommanderBond.net yesterday about how SPECTRE might return. It's worth having a look. Somebody mentioned Ciaran Hinds might make a good Blofeld & I wouldn't disagree.

Also interesting are three potential titles for BOND 23 before SKYFALL was chosen - SILVER BULLET, A KILLING MOON & ONCE UPON A SPY. I quite like the last one but the first two sound more like TWILIGHT spin-offs.

I assumed Quantum was this Bond's answer to SPECTRE. To have left the Quantum story unfinished as they have, and then go on to introduce SPECTRE would be odd to me.
  • FelixLeiter ♀FelixLeiter ♀ Staffordshire or a pubPosts: 1,286MI6 Agent
    I doubt they will be going for the Blofeld aspect. I seem to remember reading an interview with Michael G Wilson a few months ago where he dismissed it, saying they were still reeling a bit from Austin Powers and other mickey-takes. It should stay in the past.
    Personally I think it wouldalways be a risk to bring back Blofeld. It would be impossible to keep secret and there would be a lot of build up and expectations. It would be so easy for it to go wrong and not live up to what has come before.
    At the same time though it would fit perfectly well into the idea of enemies not being places on a map, as even if SMERSH might have been, SPECTRE certainly never was.
    Relax darling, I'm on top of the situation -{
  • 7700777007 Posts: 502MI6 Agent
    All three of those titles are terrible.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    I think the next Bond film should have DC doing something a bit adventurous. E.g. Ski scene, underwater diving etc. Think after Skyfall we need something a bit more scenic and sporty
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    I think the next Bond film should have DC doing something a bit adventurous. E.g. Ski scene, underwater diving etc. Think after Skyfall we need something a bit more scenic and sporty

Yep, something in Whistler perhaps.... (excuse to visit the parents!)

I'm sure Craig will be up for that.... and you can never have enough underwater action. A chance to see him in a Naval Uniform too... ;)
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    edited November 2012
    Lexi wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

Yep, something in Whistler perhaps.... (excuse to visit the parents!)

I'm sure Craig will be up for that.... and you can never have enough underwater action. A chance to see him in a Naval Uniform too... ;)
    Then he would look like Popeyes the sailor :))
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,737MI6 Agent
    A very suspenseful mountain climbing scene....fighting off henchmen to get to the villains lair or whatever. A good tie in with the death of his parents.
  • Le SamouraiLe Samourai Honolulu, HIPosts: 573MI6 Agent
    BIG TAM wrote:

"The Killing Moon" is my favorite Echo and the Bunnymen song...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX1PwkgwsG0

...though the Nouvelle Vague is arguably more Bondian.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ywiPKmheec
    —Le Samourai

A Gent in Training.... A blog about my continuing efforts to be improve myself, be a better person, and lead a good life. It incorporates such far flung topics as fitness, self defense, music, style, food and drink, and personal philosophy.
    Agent In Training
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,698MI6 Agent
    Mr Beech wrote:
    BIG TAM wrote:

I assumed Quantum was this Bond's answer to SPECTRE. To have left the Quantum story unfinished as they have, and then go on to introduce SPECTRE would be odd to me.

I had an idea the other day. If Bond 24 and 25 are to be tied together I have something interesting to tell. Quantum would be in the movie and so would a larger terrorist organization (let's call them SPECTRE for fun). Bond would be forced to protect Quantum. SPECTRE has plans to destroy Quantum, the plan also includes destroy half of the U.K. Not only does Bond have to protect the U.K, but is forced to protect Quantum as well. It would be cool if Bond could let SPECTRE destroy Quantum without destroying the U.K. and then have Bond go after SPECTRE.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • RYH666RYH666 UKPosts: 105MI6 Agent
    77007 wrote:
    All three of those titles are terrible.
    Agreed :s cant be right!
  • Colonel ShatnerColonel Shatner Chavtastic Bristol, BritainPosts: 574MI6 Agent
    Mr Martini wrote:
    I had an idea the other day. If Bond 24 and 25 are to be tied together I have something interesting to tell. Quantum would be in the movie and so would a larger terrorist organization (let's call them SPECTRE for fun). Bond would be forced to protect Quantum. SPECTRE has plans to destroy Quantum, the plan also includes destroy half of the U.K. Not only does Bond have to protect the U.K, but is forced to protect Quantum as well. It would be cool if Bond could let SPECTRE destroy Quantum without destroying the U.K. and then have Bond go after SPECTRE.

I have a similar idea bumping around my head about what to do with Quantum: at a high level Quantum meeting at a consort hall (similar to what happened in QoS) a WMD is set off, killing many people present, and the upper Quantum leadership. Many Quantum guards were present with their charges, alongside MI6 agents waiting to ambush and arrest them all. Most of them die in the WMD blast (it may be a chemical bomb), with James Bond and Mr. White one of the few survivors of the massacre: they both reluctantly team up to stop who was behind the deadly attack (this is in the pre-title sequence). The culprit could be SPECTRE or could be a Quantum member who put himself into a position to take out his Quantum compatriots in order to seize their sprawling businesses (both legitimate and criminal) for his own private scheme of world domination.
    'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...'
  • DangerMouseDangerMouse Benfleet, EssexPosts: 235MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:
    A very suspenseful mountain climbing scene....fighting off henchmen to get to the villains lair or whatever. A good tie in with the death of his parents.

I think they had that for FYEO.
    HowardB wrote:

I think they had that for FYEO.

Oh yeah, can't believe I forgot about that. :s
  • barlowdjbbarlowdjb Posts: 22MI6 Agent
    cant wait already!! :)
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,704MI6 Agent
    There has been some talk about Bond 24 & 25 as a two-parter. If Bond 24 opens in 2014 and Bond 25 opens in 2016 when Craig is 48, making it his final Bond movie? I think five films and 48 years old is a good time to stop. ("how origional", you think. But the talk about a two parter makes it sound likelier)
    Number24 wrote:
    There has been some talk about Bond 24 & 25 as a two-parter. If Bond 24 opens in 2014 and Bond 25 opens in 2016 when Craig is 48, making it his final Bond movie? I think five films and 48 years old is a good time to stop. ("how origional", you think. But the talk about a two parter makes it sound likelier)

Sounds good though im unsure about the 2 part thing, purely because I view CR and QoS as a 2 parter and although im not in the QoS "Hate" camp, it left me a bit flat!!
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

Sounds good though im unsure about the 2 part thing, purely because I view CR and QoS as a 2 parter and although im not in the QoS "Hate" camp, it left me a bit flat!!

I think it's safe to say that John Logan is writing the scripts for Bond's 24 & 25. What is less certain is whether they will stand alone or be a two part storyline. Articles in the media were reporting a two part storyline but apparently this was denied by Daniel Craig. He was quoted as saying he did not know where the two part storyline originated from and that Bond 24 would be a stand alone film.
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,420Chief of Staff
    Moore Than wrote:
    I think it's safe to say that John Logan is writing the scripts for Bond's 24 & 25. What is less certain is whether they will stand alone or be a two part storyline. Articles in the media were reporting a two part storyline but apparently this was denied by Daniel Craig. He was quoted as saying he did not know where the two part storyline originated from and that Bond 24 would be a stand alone film.

The quote came from Logan himself...well, as much as you can believe a quote in print :D

He said that he pitched his two-film story arc to Wilson & Broccoli and they loved his idea and told him to go and write it....doesn't mean it will happen that way mind...
    YNWA 97
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    It appears Bond screenwriter Neal Purvis has given the biggest hint yet that Sam Mendes will return for Bond 24. During a press conference at the Doha Tribeca Film Festival, Purvis is quoted: "I know that John Logan and Sam Mendes have come up with a plot for another one, which takes the pressure off because these films take up a lot of time."

Skyfall Writers Reveal Sam Mendes Is Back For Bond 24?
    http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/95117/Skyfall-Writers-Reveal-Sam-Mendes-Is-Back-For-Bond-24
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
  • CedricCedric Posts: 94MI6 Agent
    Moore Than wrote:
    It appears Bond screenwriter Neal Purvis has given the biggest hint yet that Sam Mendes will return for Bond 24. During a press conference at the Doha Tribeca Film Festival, Purvis is quoted: "I know that John Logan and Sam Mendes have come up with a plot for another one, which takes the pressure off because these films take up a lot of time."

Skyfall Writers Reveal Sam Mendes Is Back For Bond 24?
    http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/95117/Skyfall-Writers-Reveal-Sam-Mendes-Is-Back-For-Bond-24

i hope that's true.
  • 7700777007 Posts: 502MI6 Agent
    I wouldn't hold my breath. I don't see Mendes committing another few years to the franchise.
  • BIG TAMBIG TAM Wrexham, North Wales, UK.Posts: 773MI6 Agent
    I'd think Sam Mendes would have definite ideas as to where to go in the next one but can't imagine him committing to such a lengthy production process so soon. He likes to juggle theatre & film & imagine he'd want to diversify. But I'd like to be proved wrong. He's a big Bond fan & after fifty years that's the sort of director you want working on these films now.
    Don't think Mendes will be back as director for the same reasons stated by previous posters. Possibly a screen writing credit/collaboration with John Logan. With the level of talent in front of the camera involved in the Bond films these days, a good script goes a long way.
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    i thought mendes has said that if asked, he would do another.

i hope that he does tbh, as SF was everything i wanted and more.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    minigeff wrote:
    i thought mendes has said that if asked, he would do another.

i hope that he does tbh, as SF was everything i wanted and more.

Seems to be some contradictory stuff out in the press (whats new huh) :D

I read Mendes saying he put so much energy and all his ideas into Skyfall that he was exhausted and couldnt see another one being done. However then he contradicts himself a little and says if the fans are happy with Skyfall and want him back then he would consider it!