Topic: Most confusing plot?

Which bond film has the most confusing plot?

I believe that most people will say QOS... And while I agree that it is pretty confusing, once you ruminate about it afterwards and make sense of it on your own, it will eventually make sense.

Same applies to other 'confusing' bond plots, like TLD and OP.

But what is the most confusing for me then? Without a doubt, it is DAF. The whole smuggling thing is what gets me. The whole wint/kidd hired by blofeld, peter franks smuggling, double crossing morton slumber and shady tree, shady tree getting killed by wint/kidd.... there's so many people involved and it's hard to keep track of who's working for who, and who's double crossing who... And to top it off, bond poses as peter franks, then double crosses slumber.... was peter franks always supposed to do this, or was this bond's doing? Then tiffany case is also involved in the smuggling... Yeah, as I said, too many people involved and I struggle to keep up with that.

1 - Avtak, 2 - Op, 3 - Ltk, 4 - Lald, 5 - Fyeo, 6 - Ohmss, 7 - Sf, 8 - Dn, 9 - Ge, 10 - Daf, 11 - Tmwtgg, 12 - Tswlm, 13 - Mr, 14 - Tld, 15 - Yolt, 16 - Sp, 17 - Gf, 18 - Frwl, 19 - Dad, 20 - Qos, 21 - Tnd, 22 - Twine, 23 - Tb, 24 - Cr

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby

Re: Most confusing plot?

Paste. Glass. Where's the real diamonds?

Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool. Craig is too.
#1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.QOS 4.DN 5.GF/GE 6.SP 7.FRWL 8.TB/TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT

I would say the Bond films with the most confusing plots would be OP, TWINE and TLD.

Oddly enough, I'm not bothered by this, because they are 3 of my most loved Bonds.  ajb007/heart   ajb007/martini

"Well, he certainly left with his tails between his legs."

Jarvio wrote:

Which bond film has the most confusing plot?

I believe that most people will say QOS... And while I agree that it is pretty confusing, once you ruminate about it afterwards and make sense of it on your own, it will eventually make sense.

Same applies to other 'confusing' bond plots, like TLD and OP.

But what is the most confusing for me then? Without a doubt, it is DAF. The whole smuggling thing is what gets me. The whole wint/kidd hired by blofeld, peter franks smuggling, double crossing morton slumber and shady tree, shady tree getting killed by wint/kidd.... there's so many people involved and it's hard to keep track of who's working for who, and who's double crossing who... And to top it off, bond poses as peter franks, then double crosses slumber.... was peter franks always supposed to do this, or was this bond's doing? Then tiffany case is also involved in the smuggling... Yeah, as I said, too many people involved and I struggle to keep up with that.

Agreed. DAF is the pits in terms of plot etc.

Writer/Director @ The Bondologist Blog (TBB)
On Twitter: @Dragonpol 
'Like' TBB on FB: TBB Update Page
"The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

Yet, you could argue its confusion is what it's about, that it's a pipeline operation and no one really knows each other in it beyond their immediate contact.

But for me, the way it moves along and the great one liners and sparkle is what draws me, more than the plot itself.

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017

SILHOUETTE MAN wrote:

Agreed. DAF is the pits in terms of plot etc.

Plot?
Oh yeah, DAF *did* kinda have one, didn't it? ajb007/lol
Lets see.... Blofeld is making doubles of himself... to...
uhhh...
for the purpose of...

I'm lost.

They had separate performances of the Rocky Horror Show about the country...   ajb007/lol

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017

Napoleon Plural wrote:

But for me, the way it moves along and the great one liners and sparkle is what draws me, more than the plot itself.

Definitely; DAF & TSWLM are my two OTT guilty pleasures.

Napoleon Plural wrote:

They had separate performances of the Rocky Horror Show about the country...   ajb007/lol

It's just a clone to the left-! ajb007/cool

I don't remember DAF, but I'll be watching it again soon. Both CR and QoS leave a lot of questions to the viewers' speculation.

"Your friend Mathis," still confuses me to this day.

I think QoS had a pretty understandable plot in most ways, but a few things were totally unexplained there, too.

chrisisall wrote:
Napoleon Plural wrote:

It's just a clone to the left-! ajb007/cool

And a cat to riiight!
Put your hands on... Baha?
Get in the john and shiiiiiiite!

Lets do the DAFt song agaaaaain!!

'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
www.helpforheroes.org.uk
www.cancerresearchuk.org

Silly silly British man.

chrisisall wrote:

Silly silly British man.

ajb007/embarrassed   ajb007/tongue  hehehehehehehe

www.helpforheroes.org.uk
www.cancerresearchuk.org

You got the Buffy reference, I take it?

Must say though, that although DAF does have a bloody confusing plot, on the flip side it does have one of the best lines in it;

"Willard White for you"

"Oh wow,....... Mr White this really is an honour"

"SHOVE YOUR HONOUR, WHERE'S MY GODDAM STATALITE?!"

ajb007/lol makes me laugh every time.

And here it is!!

http://youtu.be/xt_Kn4DggPg

ajb007/lol ajb007/lol ajb007/lol

I guess the majority of us have noticed that Klaus Hergerererershimer and a couple others appear in connery's previous outing, YOLT?

Last edited by minigeff (2nd Dec 2012 14:00)

www.helpforheroes.org.uk
www.cancerresearchuk.org

chrisisall wrote:
Napoleon Plural wrote:

Definitely; DAF & TSWLM are my two OTT guilty pleasures.

I wouldn't call TSWLM a guilty please, its usually regarded as one of the best Bonds of all.

But for me OP is the most confusing. I've seen it countless times now, and I'm honestly still not sure what making fake jewelry had to do with setting off a warhead on an military base.

Most of the dialogue in the movie is golden! ajb007/martini

Edited me previous post btw

www.helpforheroes.org.uk
www.cancerresearchuk.org

jeffch wrote:

But for me OP is the most confusing. I've seen it countless times now, and I'm honestly still not sure what making fake jewelry had to do with setting off a warhead on an military base.

I don't find it complicated, but at the moment I can't recall the details. ajb007/confused
Been meaning to watch it again soon anyway...  ajb007/biggrin

jeffch wrote:

Well, Orlov is trying to obtain a nuclear bomb presumably via bribery, which means he'd need a steady source of currency (expertly faked jewelry; remember, the guy in the Kremlin Art Repository is faking it).  He'd be an idiot not to have a cover operation, and in one of the plot's most poorly-aging points, you're told that Kamal Khan is an "exiled Afghan prince".  When the movie was made, the Soviets had access to the files of just about every malcontent in the country, including someone of Kamal's stature.  Orlov would thus have immediate access to Kamal to use as a fence (probably made him an offer he couldn't refuse...for all the power Kamal supposedly has, Orlov would have had Spetsnaz GRU attached to his command in keeping with standard Soviet Army protocol...), realizing Kamal's mixing in real jewelry and having a partner uninvolved would hide him.

We're given hints that Orlov masterminded it, but that's one of the film's problems for me: Louis Jourdan's performance as Kamal had to be matched by an equally calm and sinister actor playing Orlov (although one could allow for a passive-aggressive psychosis).  Otherwise, with Steven Berkoff's over-the-top portrayal, it really blunts the impact.

By the way, are you gonna eat that?

Ummm, yeah, what Dalk said! ajb007/lol

Someone at another site posited the idea that ALL the Blofelds we see in DAF are doubles, and that the next time we see the actual Blofeld is in the FYEO pts.
I kinda like that.

DAF definitely has the most confusing plot overall. QOS is confusing just based on the editing and not so much because of the story. Had the editing been toned down by about 5 SECONDS then maybe it would've been easier to understand QOS's plot. But DAF is all over the place. Bond's going after a diamond smuggling ring that kills each courier, finds out that it's Willard Whyte except it's not really Willard Whyte and that it's really Blofeld, and instead of selling the diamonds Blofeld is using them to create a giant space laser to do hee-haw with. Huh?

"Closing time James! Last call!"

I would say DAF has the most confusing Plot. The whole part where Blofeld is making copies of himself always went over my Head.

1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger

DAF had lots of weird ideas stirred together not particularly well.

I think even Brosnan was "baffled" by the plotting in TWINE.

'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...'