How to add an avatar on AJB?

Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,646MI6 Agent
Sorry if there is a thread on this somewhere, but how do you go about adding an avatar on the AJB forums?

Could some kindly member on here instruct me on how you go about doing this?

Thanks. :) -{
"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

Comments

• minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Sure, you basically find an image, then resize it down to 60 x 60 pixels and no larger in memory by 10kb. Then in your profile page you can upload it. You'll then be given a notice to say your file is too large, whereby you go and check it only to find it well below the 10kb limit. Frustrated, you then reduce your image further, re-attempt the upload only to be given the same notice. This process repeats at least 3 or 4 times, resulting in that comical avatar you found being reduced down to a solitary pixel. At this stage your face will turn crimson, and you'll either use the little X in the top right or contact a moderator who will laugh loudly at your griping.

Once returning to AJB's boards you'll notice that your first attempt actually worked and your avatar looks fine, resulting in confusion, merriment and dismay, eventually leading to mild psychosis and a delicate mental temperament. You'll take up some mundane hobby, like counting ceiling tiles.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,420Chief of Staff
    He's right...we try and keep out the riff-raff that way...unfortunately he managed to slip through :# :p
    YNWA 97
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,646MI6 Agent
    Yes, I've come across just these types of problems myself - still haven't managed an avatar upload yet!

Working on it.... -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,646MI6 Agent
    Still trying to get an avatar uploaded - it seems impossible.

Anyone on here got any advice on how to do it?

Really confusing.

Are there sites on how to shrink an avatar to the correct size?

Thanks in advance! :)
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,698MI6 Agent
    I've used Tinypic.com to resize pictures.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
    edited January 2013
    Mr Martini wrote:

Thanks for the link, but I'm afraid I'm still having difficulty with this avatar issue! 8-)

Anyone got any of tips/tricks of the trade?

Can the mods reform this aspect of AJB to make the upload of avatars less difficult than it currently is?

-{
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,420Chief of Staff
    Mr Martini wrote:

Thanks for the link, but I'm afraid I'm still having difficulty with this avatar issue! 8-)

Can the mods reform this aspect of AJB to majke the upload of avatars less difficult than it currently is?

-{

No, sorry....only Si can alter anything like this...
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Mr Martini wrote:

Can the mods reform this aspect of AJB to majke the upload of avatars less difficult than it currently is?

-{

No, sorry....only Si can alter anything like this...

I quite understand. Section 26, paragraph 5 etc. :))