Re: Facts on Bond ( Might not be true )

The DB5 from Goldfinger was not actually a DB5. They may have used a DB5 for advertisement however in the film, the modified car was actually a late series Aston DB4.
And after one of the (I think) 3 modified "DB5's" was sold at auction for (I think again) $5 million, it was soon stolen and to this day still has not been recovered!

Welcome to AJB, Miccy10. You might want to have a read at http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/45180/int … the-forum/ and if you like say hello at http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/34154/wel … s/page/68/

James Bond was replaced as agent 007 by M after saying in an interview with the company magazine SISyphus that he'd "...rather slash his wrists than go on another operation." His 007 designation was instead given to young agent Hom Tiddleston.

Connery was in fact on board to return for LALD, however he was fired after his first day of shooting, because no one could take him seriously every time he said "Sholitaire".

Whilst Blofeld appeared in drag in DAF, he nearly did before hand; the scene in OHMSS where Irma catches Bond by lying in bed was originally supposed to see Telly Savalas in wig and nightgown.

Desmond Llewlyn was only bought back after Q's absence in LALD when he told EON "If it hadn't been for Q branch, your franchise would have been dead long ago".

Denise Richards auditioned for the role of Elektra King. Somehow, nuclear expert was the more realistic role for her.

1.LTK  2.AVTAK  3.OP  4.FYEO  5.TND  6.LALD  7.GE  8.GF  9.TSWLM  10.SPECTRE  11.SF  12.MR 13.YOLT  14.TLD  15.CR (06)  16.TMWTGG  17.TB  18.FRWL  19.TWINE  20.OHMSS  21.DAF  22.DAD  23.QoS  24.NSNA  25.DN  26.CR (67)

MilleniumForce wrote:

Connery was in fact on board to return for LALD, however he was fired after his first day of shooting, because no one could take him seriously every time he said "Sholitaire".

Whilst Blofeld appeared in drag in DAF, he nearly did before hand; the scene in OHMSS where Irma catches Bond by lying in bed was originally supposed to see Telly Savalas in wig and nightgown.

Desmond Llewlyn was only bought back after Q's absence in LALD when he told EON "If it hadn't been for Q branch, your franchise would have been dead long ago".

Denise Richards auditioned for the role of Elektra King. Somehow, nuclear expert was the more realistic role for her.

ajb007/lol

It was either that.....or the priesthood

As most of us know, Purvis and Wade, the writers of Bond films since TWINE, also wrote Johhny English. However, what few people know is that they wrote Johhny English and the 20th Bond film at the same time, and when EON asked for a script, they accidentally sent them the Johhny English script. EON loved it, and it became Die Another Day.

1.LTK  2.AVTAK  3.OP  4.FYEO  5.TND  6.LALD  7.GE  8.GF  9.TSWLM  10.SPECTRE  11.SF  12.MR 13.YOLT  14.TLD  15.CR (06)  16.TMWTGG  17.TB  18.FRWL  19.TWINE  20.OHMSS  21.DAF  22.DAD  23.QoS  24.NSNA  25.DN  26.CR (67)

Know for doing his own stunts, it's even more remarkable for Daniel Craig, as he only
Has one leg, a fear of tight fitted suits and  suffers from tourettes. Meaning many scenes
Have to be re-shot ( because of the swearing) and lots of CGI to make his baggy suits look
Tight and of course to add the leg.  ajb007/wink

“I remember the last thing my Nan said to me before she died.
‘What are you doing here with that hammer?’”..... Lee Mack.

No Macdonald's restaurant has ever appeared in a Bond film.  ajb007/wink

Daniel Craig's peroxide blonde hair in "Logan Lucky" is actually his real hair colour. The colour he sported in the Bond films was a hair dye which Craig used so that he would be less readily recognised when sitting in his local pub.

The recent spate of scary clowns, can be traced back to Octopussy when
Bond dressed as a clown.

There have been as many as four Bond films
If all the rolls of film, used to capture the Bond movies
Was laid out it would stretch a very long way.
Almost two cars have been seen in a Bond film.
Most actors in the Bond films have been men ...... Or women.
All location sequences have been filmed on location, with the
Series racking up almost fourteen miles on their travels.

The special effects budget on DAF was limited not by Connery's fee, but the cost of making and maintaining his toupees.
When Connery's toupees went missing on the set, William Shatner helped out by providing a stand in toupee from his own collection.
Jonathan Pryce originally auditioned for the role of Wai Lin. Despite losing the role, he was still allowed to show of his martial arts training in the film.
When Moore was briefly considered to return for TLD, the Aston Martin was scripted as a gadget filled mobility scooter.
Looking for ideas to reboot the series after DAD, one suggestion was a low budget, more grounded movie. It would have seen Bond, played by Danny Dyer, head to the romantic city of Slough, where he would meet an unemployed single mother, Kayleigh. The two would end up in Crewe, battling a madman who plans on bringing England down to its knees by destroying all factories making track suits.

ajb007/lol  I love those ideas MF  ajb007/martini

All sharks used in the Bond films have been played by only two actors, a father and
Son duo.  From an old theatrical family the McTeeths. Starting out playing pantomime
Horses etc but with their great talent, quickly moving to the movies.
   So life like are their combined movements in the water, many have been fooled in to
Thinking they were watching real sharks ! Occasionally having to fall back on their old
Theatrical ways when asked to play a horse pulling a sled as in OHMSS and FYEO.
  After retirement, the next generation took over although sadly due to an argument over
A shark's back story, it has been many a year since we've seen a shark in a Bond film.  ajb007/crap

Prior to 1974 only chocolate bras were allowed to be worn. In DAF, after removing it moments earlier, you can see a dark brown smudge in Connery's chest hair.

Relax darling, I'm on top of the situation ajb007/martini

The gap between Bond films has now extended to four years, as they will now only be released
In leap years.

For goid luck Daniel Craig keeps a piece of carpet from  every set he's on .

Thunderpussy wrote:

It helps during the fight scenes. ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol

a reasonable rate of return

If you play Another way to die backwards  ....... there is no secret messages but it does sound better.

Thunderpussy wrote:

Unlike Sean Connery, who never kept his James Bond rugs.

This is in fact a misconception,  Connery was mainly hair. It was the Body that had to be changed
for every film. Hence why , with the reduced budget they couldn't get a very good one for DAF.  ajb007/wink

Thunderpussy wrote:

This is in fact a misconception,  Connery was mainly hair. It was the Body that had to be changed
for every film. Hence why , with the reduced budget they couldn't get a very good one for DAF.  ajb007/wink

Oh, I see. I thought United Artists insisted on more Connery after OHMSS so Eon ordered a larger model.

They had to dig it up from the ground after they dismantled it after the Japanese conversion in 67.
He could speak Japanese with a Scottish accent.
That had replaced his ability to act properly.

a reasonable rate of return

Jar Jar Binks is to be a surprise cameo in Bond 25. Built around another personal revenge story.
with the young boy Bond pushed off his boat in Golden Gun. Now all grown up and out for
revenge against the British agent who soaked him.
Both Bond and the Boy are trapped, on a life boat for months with an unusual bond of trust
building between them.

The real reason why Dalton didn’t star after LTK was due to him actually crippling Benicio Del Toro by accidentally pulling him into the operating grinder. Benicio lost both of his legs below the knee and was paid the entire budget set aside for Property Of A Lady and The Hildebrant Rarity to keep silent while the MGM lawsuit was an inside job to blacklist Dalton.

Movie: From Russia With Love | Novel: On Her Majesty's Secret Service | Actor: Sean Connery | Girl: Melina Havelock | Car: Aston Martin V8