Dr no 50th anniversary soundtrack

lotuslotus englandPosts: 292MI6 Agent
Theres a 50th anniversary Dr no soundtrack out looks dodgy to me ?

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,287Chief of Staff
    It's of dubious legality, taking advantage of loopholes in international copyright. The sound quality is variable and the content can be found in better albums. Well, mainly.
  • lotuslotus englandPosts: 292MI6 Agent
    well ive got the dr no cd what other albums is there ?
    Try http://www.amazon.co.uk/James-Bond-Collection-Various-Artists/dp/B00006JTGH/ref=sr_1_3?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1359752588&sr=1-3 - there's a used one at 28p at the moment.

The "Dr No Suite" has re-recordings of "Death of The Tarantula", "Killing The Guard" and "Death Of Dr No", arranged and conducted by Nic Raine (who worked with John Barry on AVTAK and TLD as orchestrator). They're not the (unavailable) originals, but are pretty good.

The same recordings are on various compilations.

There is a little otherwise unavailable music on the 50th anniversary album, but in the form of very short tracks.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,272MI6 Agent
    The sound quality on that one is great, and for 28p you can't go wrong. But sometimes, whenever they alter the tune a bit, it's always for the worse, the Bond Lured to Pyramids in MR is one, they tweak the tune a bit, so imo it's just not as good. And it's not sexy enough, it lacks the oompf. Thinking of Arrival at Drax Chateau, from same film.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    That's true, and their version of the MR theme is pretty terrible too.
  • lotuslotus englandPosts: 292MI6 Agent
    anyone know where I can download this album for free ? I don't feel guilty as it is a rip off any way
    Oh, I just couldn't say. By the way, lotus, have you noticed the excellent PM system we have on this site?

Edit- and yes, Napoleon, I know I'm as subtle as a flying brick. :))