51

Re: Bond fitness thread

The Mantis wrote:

Returningson, amazing work and good for you...I started a dedicated journey when I was 41 to get out of the "corporate executive atrophied body type" and work toward a more Bond-like body...mind you I say work toward because I know I will never have the body of Daniel Craig...but I do improve each year (as some of you have seen) and as long as I keep on this trend I don't mind the sacrifices and the 4:30 AM wake up calls....I always include the picture when I was 32 to remind myself that at 45 I can look better than I did at 32...

And David S., love the handicapping idea....!!!

http://s7.postimage.org/f3buc3muf/45david7.jpg

BTW, the below pic was taken at the end of the summer when I had upped my protein to a crazy level and more mass was put on...starting that regiment again next week....


http://s3.postimage.org/ehwqp4xov/tbeshrub2.jpg


Great montage most of us have been heading in the opposite direction since 32! Solid measurable progress. I'd never thought of doing the photo thing before but it is a great idea. The camera rarely lies after all.

"I'm motivated by my duty"

1.SF  2.CR  3.OHMSS  4.DN  5.YOLT

52

Re: Bond fitness thread

Great thread and I'm impressed by the fantastic achievements here!

It's interesting to note how many of us have been inspired to get into shape by our love of Bond (and wanting to be like him). DC's more athletic, chiselled look certainly raised the bar.

I came from a non-sporty family and it's a struggle to start, but once you do and see results, it's addictive. I'm 48 and really only started to get fit in my mid 40s, but it can be done - whatever age you are.

I started running and still enjoy it but last summer swapped to a Boot Camp once a week. Those ex-military guys really push you and the weight loss and increased strength gains are impressive. I really recommend it, and they're springing up everywhere now.

I've also been practising ju-Jitsu for 4or 5 years and love it. It's a constant challenge and also helps with fitness, strength and general confidence. Finally I go to the gym once a week and also use free weights at home once or twice a week. I only take whey protein after a gym session but try to eat healthily... Though like a good drink once or twice week so 'could do better'.

My one piece of advice - for what it's worth - is to cut out bread as much as possible. Bread is the enemy.

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."

53

Re: Bond fitness thread

walther p99 wrote:
welshboy78 wrote:

Great thread and awesome accomplishments!!!

I work out 4-5 days a week however always hit a plateau due to my diet.  I do find it hard to consume my 1-1.5 grams of Protein per kg of bodyweight,  forget to eat, dont feel like eating, forget packing my protein shakes before going to work etc

Going to get back into it this week and stock up on the Whey, Tuna and Chicken breasts! Im going to attempt more cardio this time around and get my body fat down

so your current goal is to up your protein intake and cardio?

Yup. Reducing carbs with early morning cardio usually results in quick fat loss for me as im already muscular though not as big as usual.  Ideally I would like to maintain my current muscle (maybe add a little in lacking areas such as traps, calves) however get my fat down

Last edited by welshboy78 (10th Feb 2013 09:17)

Instagram - bondclothes007

54

Re: Bond fitness thread

ke02eww wrote:

Don't normally go for threads like these as they are usually full of competitive idiots who think they are arnie, or worse, just better than everyone else.

But have to say this thread is impressive (mostly).

Returningson, amazing accomplishment... I doff my cap in awe... And seems you've considered all the angles... Especially the Post-diet health.... The body isn't designed for bungee-weight changes.... Especially the heart, so losing quite so much needs to be (as you say ) when you're younger and take care afterwards. Gyms are great but you don't need one of you apply yourself properly. You are an objective lesson to all of us.  ajb007/martini

As regards scoffer, ignore him. He probably didn't mean anything but if he did it's irrelevant.

I was particularly interested in the supplement advice wp99, and your opinion (that there are better/cheaper products than DC's choice) is just that- an opinion! I take supplements and am a massive fan.... I box 2hrs and was finding my wrists were hurting a lot... The supplements I take now have strengthened the joints and improved flexibility to the point that I feel little now and am punching much much harder.

But I suspect it's all personal and some won't work for me or others... Hence hearing what works for you and others on here is particularly useful. I was also shocked to hear that some can wreck organs... Good warning...

Finally, for me it's all about motive. I work out 7hrs a week cos 2 yrs ago my mother died and over the 3 mths caring for her I put on 45lbs. After her death I vowed to get rid of it before my 53rd birthday which is in 6 mths.

I'm now down to 201lbs having lost abt 50lbs, and am stronger and fitter than I've ever been.
But I did (do) it for me.... I don't post pics of my abs or shoulders, I don't lecture others and I don't look down on those who for whatever reason arn't perfect.

The only competition is with yourself.... If you beat your own targets and objectives then that's what it's all about.

There are no prizes or accolades (apart from genuine well meaning congrats from fellow travelers when your efforts are clearly visible - oh and the odd compliment from the opposite sex ajb007/smile )

But there is the satisfaction of knowing only you could have done it.

Cheers paul

Cheers for your comments on my opinion, Paul, which were directed at Waltherp99 views, which he subsequently qualified and explained, and not toward Returningson to whom we all, me included, have been extremely complementary. ajb007/insane

Still, good to hear about your own motivations and routines and achievements.

Is it me, or is this thread becoming more an more like THE EXPENDABLES as we contribute our tales?

55

Re: Bond fitness thread

thelordflasheart wrote:
welshboy78 wrote:

Great thread and awesome accomplishments!!!

I work out 4-5 days a week however always hit a plateau due to my diet.  I do find it hard to consume my 1-1.5 grams of Protein per kg of bodyweight,  forget to eat, dont feel like eating, forget packing my protein shakes before going to work etc

Going to get back into it this week and stock up on the Whey, Tuna and Chicken breasts! Im going to attempt more cardio this time around and get my body fat down

Welshboy, there is also the fact that not all protein is equal. Proteins have a bioavailability factor - think of it as somewhat similar to the glycemic index for carbs. For example, when you cook chicken - because no one eats chicken raw - you can destroy up to 40% of the protein in it. So depending on the labels of the food we eat - does it specify cooked or uncooked protein content? - many of us get even LESS protein than we think (one of the reasons why people plateau and then they think they've just reached some sort of natural limit that they have). However, an egg has 100% bioavailability - not matter how you cook it you get all 7 grams of protein (in a large egg).

Regarding getting body fat down cardio is not the most effective way. An average size man will burn roughly 100 calories when he runs a mile. But if you add 2 pounds of muscle to your body your metabolism increases so you will burn an extra 100 calories every day - just from having that extra two pounds of muscle. And that's whether you go to the gym or not, and not counting the exercises that you do with that muscle. If you feel that you're fine with where you are for muscle development then obviously that will change what you want to do, but 2 pounds of muscle takes up so little physical space I doubt you'd really see it.

Just my two cents...

I hear you, eggs are the food of gods!!  I have boiled eggs or scrambled everyday for breakfast as a bit like Fleming it is one of my fave foods. Always have eggs in the fridge  ajb007/smile

I dont want too much more muscle, just top myself up a little from being in a slump from Xmas. After 10 years on and off of pumping iron I have pretty good muscle memory.   I have reduced the weights in my weight workouts (usually lift heavy) and upped the reps with less break between sets, run every other day etc

Instagram - bondclothes007

56

Re: Bond fitness thread

walther p99 wrote:

I know a few members on this site who are into weight lifting/exercising (Mantis/VinnyMac) like myself, and was curious as to who else here is into it? and we could perhaps share our routines, knowledge and progress/goals.  How many of you wear your PTI jacket to the gym now? i certainly do, but not during the actual work out, its much too hot for that. And I put this in the clothing section because we buy Bond's clothes because he looks good in them and want to look as good as him.

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/2448/danielcraigasjamesbondi.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Im a civilian working out in a military gym in the Falklands on a military base!!  If the PTI saw me wearing the PTI jacket the   Brexit would hit the fan  ajb007/biggrin.  They would prob find it disrespectful or fall over laughing!

Instagram - bondclothes007

57

Re: Bond fitness thread

I was 320lbs and 6ft1, 12 months ago I started a strict diet of low carb, high protein and daily cardio with weights.  I got to 250 in October last year, and then I saw Skyfall...  I can categorically confirm that the movie upped my game massively.  In 3 short months, due to seeing the movie, buying the clothes, listening to the soundtrack I'm now 200lbs and counting, I even did a half marathon!  I had pretty much plateaued prior to Skyfall.  So I hold a debt of gratitude to Eon film productions!  I can even fit into the tokito lodge jacket size L now!  All I have been taking supplement wise is just milk protein.  So not only did this film become the greatest selling movie in UK history, it sounds like it helped out a lot of us guys too!

58

Re: Bond fitness thread

thelordflasheart wrote:
welshboy78 wrote:

Great thread and awesome accomplishments!!!

I work out 4-5 days a week however always hit a plateau due to my diet.  I do find it hard to consume my 1-1.5 grams of Protein per kg of bodyweight,  forget to eat, dont feel like eating, forget packing my protein shakes before going to work etc

Going to get back into it this week and stock up on the Whey, Tuna and Chicken breasts! Im going to attempt more cardio this time around and get my body fat down

Welshboy, there is also the fact that not all protein is equal. Proteins have a bioavailability factor - think of it as somewhat similar to the glycemic index for carbs. For example, when you cook chicken - because no one eats chicken raw - you can destroy up to 40% of the protein in it. So depending on the labels of the food we eat - does it specify cooked or uncooked protein content? - many of us get even LESS protein than we think (one of the reasons why people plateau and then they think they've just reached some sort of natural limit that they have). However, an egg has 100% bioavailability - not matter how you cook it you get all 7 grams of protein (in a large egg).

Regarding getting body fat down cardio is not the most effective way. An average size man will burn roughly 100 calories when he runs a mile. But if you add 2 pounds of muscle to your body your metabolism increases so you will burn an extra 100 calories every day - just from having that extra two pounds of muscle. And that's whether you go to the gym or not, and not counting the exercises that you do with that muscle. If you feel that you're fine with where you are for muscle development then obviously that will change what you want to do, but 2 pounds of muscle takes up so little physical space I doubt you'd really see it.

Just my two cents...

Some very good points in here well made  ajb007/martini

If losing body fat is your aim, upping the resistance training in your routine is the way to go IMO. There's two schools of thought on the cardio front ... High intensity intervals or low intensity steady state.  I'd go the HIT route myself as its over with quicker!, but each to their own with this so long as it works.

Carbs are not the enemy.  Try to stick to wholemeal versions of rice / pasta, sweet potato or leafy green vegetables and where possible knock bread on the head.  The best advice I was ever given was to eat darker lean meats early, getting lighter through the day.  Try to get some sources of good fats in your diet ASAP (such as EVOOil, avocado etc), as these will help the body rid the bad fats.

Supplement wise I'd say get the best fish oil you can afford, check the protein content of your whey supplement supplier as its often padded out with other things such as soy, get BCAA's in (taste like filth) & possibly something like flaxseed too.  I'd aim to achieve a higher protein intake initially (say 2.5/3g per kilo of bodyweight).

It's great to hear some of the success stories that have been achieved.  Keep up the good work gang!!

59

Re: Bond fitness thread

Chrisy27 wrote:

I was 320lbs and 6ft1, 12 months ago I started a strict diet of low carb, high protein and daily cardio with weights.  I got to 250 in October last year, and then I saw Skyfall...  I can categorically confirm that the movie upped my game massively.  In 3 short months, due to seeing the movie, buying the clothes, listening to the soundtrack I'm now 200lbs and counting, I even did a half marathon!  I had pretty much plateaued prior to Skyfall.  So I hold a debt of gratitude to Eon film productions!  I can even fit into the tokito lodge jacket size L now!  All I have been taking supplement wise is just milk protein.  So not only did this film become the greatest selling movie in UK history, it sounds like it helped out a lot of us guys too!

you lost 120 pounds? thats an incredible achievement! well done, do you have a goal weight? and what are your fav tracks from the soundtrack to work out too? i recommend you add this unreleased track http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY-8IwWdtdI

60

Re: Bond fitness thread

It's funny how things change...when I was a kid in the late 70s Connery was seen as being in exceptional shape. When he takes his shirt off in Dr No all the guys my age were praying we'd look that good when we grew up!

Then when I was a teen in the 80s Stallone and Arnie were huge stars and almost every guy wanted to be HUGE. Unfortunately because there's so much bad info out there I don't know any of my peers who managed to do it. That's the funny thing about exercise; the stuff that really works seems ridiculous at first (until you understand the science behind it) and the stuff that *seems* like it should work doesn't.

Anyway, Craig seems to have hit the happy medium between being cut and lean and very muscular (as has Jason Statham now, he leaned out a lot after the first Transporter movie). But it is funny to think that when I was a kid THIS is the kind of shape that seemed to epitomize "big and strong":

http://screenmusings.org/DrNo/pages/DN_399.htm

61

Re: Bond fitness thread

Charmed & Dangerous wrote:

My one piece of advice - for what it's worth - is to cut out bread as much as possible. Bread is the enemy.

great bit of advice and very true!

62

Re: Bond fitness thread

anybody working out today? if so, what are you doing. Im not, still getting over a cold ive had all week. Also,if they did, which of the Craig Bond films got you motivated (or more motivated) to better yourself physically? and if it wasn't any, who inspired you to work out or push further?

For me it was Casino Royale because i only began to work out just a year prior to seeing the film,  but i gotta say that Skyfall has made me more intense about getting my bodyfat level really low (its between %11 and %13 now) for the "hollow cheek" look that DC has due to his single digit BF level. And my other work out inspiration is Harrison Ford in Temple of Doom.


http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/5787/gdgggg.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

63

Re: Bond fitness thread

Heading to gym late afternoon...doing arms today...biceps and triceps. Will finish up with a 64 gram protein drink called Protein 7 Cookies and Creme from Nutrishop.  Little too much bourbon last night so also taking an after lunch walk for about 90 minutes with the mrs.

The Mantis was always The Bond Experience, but now he is The Bond Experience on AJB as well...
Visit youtube.com/TheBondExperience

64

Re: Bond fitness thread

walther p99 wrote:

but i gotta say that Skyfall has made me more intense about getting my bodyfat level really low (its between %11 and %13 now) for the "hollow cheek" look that DC has due to his single digit BF level. And my other work out inspiration is Harrison Ford in Temple of Doom.

Not that I'll ever achieve the "hollow cheek" look (not without getting very ill again anyway), I think this is a bit too intense for my taste. And even DC himself would admit that there better Bonds to look like facially; well, all of 'em.

But, each to their own goals, I guess.

65

Re: Bond fitness thread

David Schofield wrote:

Not that I'll ever achieve the "hollow cheek" look (not without getting very ill again anyway), I think this is a bit too intense for my taste. And even DC himself would admit that there better Bonds to look like facially; well, all of 'em.

But, each to their own goals, I guess.

As an addition to that, I think he looked emaciated and sickly in Cowboys and Aliens because of how extremely low his BF level was, his face was way too gaunt.

66

Re: Bond fitness thread

walther p99 wrote:
David Schofield wrote:

Not that I'll ever achieve the "hollow cheek" look (not without getting very ill again anyway), I think this is a bit too intense for my taste. And even DC himself would admit that there better Bonds to look like facially; well, all of 'em.

But, each to their own goals, I guess.

As an addition to that, I think he looked emaciated and sickly in Cowboys and Aliens because of how extremely low his BF level was, his face was way too gaunt.

Certainly, for me anyway, the best all-round Craig look is the one from QOS.

That would do me. And the TF kit I don't have to go with it.  ajb007/frown

67

Re: Bond fitness thread

walther p99 wrote:
David Schofield wrote:

Not that I'll ever achieve the "hollow cheek" look (not without getting very ill again anyway), I think this is a bit too intense for my taste. And even DC himself would admit that there better Bonds to look like facially; well, all of 'em.

But, each to their own goals, I guess.

As an addition to that, I think he looked emaciated and sickly in Cowboys and Aliens because of how extremely low his BF level was, his face was way too gaunt.

Agree... It was a bad look, especially towards the end of filming. And it carried through to the premiere..

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h160/pw86/th_8c4e4ec9cbbbab29a171b1aa723e6fb6_zpsc95c1579.jpg

I believe there are a couple of theories....

1) he was trying too hard for the "western hard man look" ..
2) this period in his life was agony.. He was breaking up with Satsuki and deciding to go for broke and commit to Rachel.... Anyone who's been in similar situ knows it's hard on a man's face and body as much as his health.

I plump for 2) - hope that doesn't make me a nuthugger...  ajb007/rolleyes

68

Re: Bond fitness thread

walther p99 wrote:
Chrisy27 wrote:

I was 320lbs and 6ft1, 12 months ago I started a strict diet of low carb, high protein and daily cardio with weights.  I got to 250 in October last year, and then I saw Skyfall...  I can categorically confirm that the movie upped my game massively.  In 3 short months, due to seeing the movie, buying the clothes, listening to the soundtrack I'm now 200lbs and counting, I even did a half marathon!  I had pretty much plateaued prior to Skyfall.  So I hold a debt of gratitude to Eon film productions!  I can even fit into the tokito lodge jacket size L now!  All I have been taking supplement wise is just milk protein.  So not only did this film become the greatest selling movie in UK history, it sounds like it helped out a lot of us guys too!

you lost 120 pounds? thats an incredible achievement! well done, do you have a goal weight? and what are your fav tracks from the soundtrack to work out too? i recommend you add this unreleased track http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY-8IwWdtdI

My initial goal was the half marathon, so I trained for the that and the weight came off, then after I did it I was like what next?  I just bummed about and plateaued for weeks then I saw Skyfall.  So my nex goal is too look like Daniel Craig.  I always aim high and then if I don't quite make it I've still reached incredible heights.  This forum alone offers so much advice and is full of friendly like minded people, no trolls, so it's easier to hit your goals with you guys on the same path too. 

Nice song find!  Definitely adding that to the iPod.

69

Re: Bond fitness thread

ke02eww wrote:
walther p99 wrote:
David Schofield wrote:

Not that I'll ever achieve the "hollow cheek" look (not without getting very ill again anyway), I think this is a bit too intense for my taste. And even DC himself would admit that there better Bonds to look like facially; well, all of 'em.

But, each to their own goals, I guess.

As an addition to that, I think he looked emaciated and sickly in Cowboys and Aliens because of how extremely low his BF level was, his face was way too gaunt.

Agree... It was a bad look, especially towards the end of filming. And it carried through to the premiere..

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h160/pw86/th_8c4e4ec9cbbbab29a171b1aa723e6fb6_zpsc95c1579.jpg

I believe there are a couple of theories....

1) he was trying too hard for the "western hard man look" ..
2) this period in his life was agony.. He was breaking up with Satsuki and deciding to go for broke and commit to Rachel.... Anyone who's been in similar situ knows it's hard on a man's face and body as much as his health.

I plump for 2) - hope that doesn't make me a nuthugger...  ajb007/rolleyes

Dunno; how close do you want to get to him?

Personally, I disregard theory 2. Sorry, Paul, hope that's okay with you? For his own reason, he moved on damn swiftly to Rache so can't see crisis there. Could be wrong though, Paul?

Reckon it was 1 gone wrong. (  Brexit . Paul, I agree with you on something; maybe this enable you to knock your patronising on the head?). Didn't look hard, looked too wisend. In a realistic western it might have worked, not one where the enemy's from space. John Wayne-cowboy needed for this film.

But hey film was rubbish. Am I allowed to say that?

70

Re: Bond fitness thread

Chrisy27 wrote:
walther p99 wrote:
Chrisy27 wrote:

I was 320lbs and 6ft1, 12 months ago I started a strict diet of low carb, high protein and daily cardio with weights.  I got to 250 in October last year, and then I saw Skyfall...  I can categorically confirm that the movie upped my game massively.  In 3 short months, due to seeing the movie, buying the clothes, listening to the soundtrack I'm now 200lbs and counting, I even did a half marathon!  I had pretty much plateaued prior to Skyfall.  So I hold a debt of gratitude to Eon film productions!  I can even fit into the tokito lodge jacket size L now!  All I have been taking supplement wise is just milk protein.  So not only did this film become the greatest selling movie in UK history, it sounds like it helped out a lot of us guys too!

you lost 120 pounds? thats an incredible achievement! well done, do you have a goal weight? and what are your fav tracks from the soundtrack to work out too? i recommend you add this unreleased track http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY-8IwWdtdI

My initial goal was the half marathon, so I trained for the that and the weight came off, then after I did it I was like what next?  I just bummed about and plateaued for weeks then I saw Skyfall.  So my nex goal is too look like Daniel Craig.  I always aim high and then if I don't quite make it I've still reached incredible heights.  This forum alone offers so much advice and is full of friendly like minded people, no trolls, so it's easier to hit your goals with you guys on the same path too. 

Nice song find!  Definitely adding that to the iPod.

please keep us posted on your progress!

71

Re: Bond fitness thread

David Schofield wrote:
ke02eww wrote:
walther p99 wrote:

As an addition to that, I think he looked emaciated and sickly in Cowboys and Aliens because of how extremely low his BF level was, his face was way too gaunt.

Agree... It was a bad look, especially towards the end of filming. And it carried through to the premiere..

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h160/pw86/th_8c4e4ec9cbbbab29a171b1aa723e6fb6_zpsc95c1579.jpg

I believe there are a couple of theories....

1) he was trying too hard for the "western hard man look" ..
2) this period in his life was agony.. He was breaking up with Satsuki and deciding to go for broke and commit to Rachel.... Anyone who's been in similar situ knows it's hard on a man's face and body as much as his health.

I plump for 2) - hope that doesn't make me a nuthugger...  ajb007/rolleyes

Dunno; how close do you want to get to him?

Personally, I disregard theory 2. Sorry, Paul, hope that's okay with you? For his own reason, he moved on damn swiftly to Rache so can't see crisis there. Could be wrong though, Paul?

Reckon it was 1 gone wrong. (  Brexit . Paul, I agree with you on something; maybe this enable you to knock your patronising on the head?). Didn't look hard, looked too wisend. In a realistic western it might have worked, not one where the enemy's from space. John Wayne-cowboy needed for this film.

But hey film was rubbish. Am I allowed to say that?

Not to turn this into a "when did Daniel Craig look best" thread but since his level of fitness is a goal for alot of us here i think its relevant. anyway i agree with David stating that its most likely it was the first reason. It just shows that a body fat level as extremely low as he had in C&A doesn't look healthy  and made him look gaunt and emaciated whereas he looked way better facially and body-wise in Skyfall at a healthy body fat level, not to mention dragon tattoo which he "let himself go" and filmed right after C&A.

72

Re: Bond fitness thread

walther p99 wrote:

anybody working out today? if so, what are you doing. Im not, still getting over a cold ive had all week. Also,if they did, which of the Craig Bond films got you motivated (or more motivated) to better yourself physically? and if it wasn't any, who inspired you to work out or push further?

For me it was Casino Royale because i only began to work out just a year prior to seeing the film,  but i gotta say that Skyfall has made me more intense about getting my bodyfat level really low (its between %11 and %13 now) for the "hollow cheek" look that DC has due to his single digit BF level. And my other work out inspiration is Harrison Ford in Temple of Doom.


http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/5787/gdgggg.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Just back from the gym - worked my legs with deadlifts, leg press, and seated calf raise and then back and biceps (they work together so it makes sense to work them on the same day) with pulldowns, seated row, and preacher curl. After that was interval training on the treadmill (6,8,10, then 12 MPH, then 10,8,6, repeat two more times). Warmup was 5 minutes on the rowing machine.

As for inspiration CR absolutely was a huge boost to me. While I don't want to be *quite* as big as Craig was there I would like the definition and as he and I are the same age I have no excuse...;-) We all get lazy over time and seeing him in CR definitely turbocharged my workouts and was a huge motivation.

73

Re: Bond fitness thread

Arms (yesterday):

Warm-up x 1-2
DB Hammer Curl x 3-4
DB Curl x 2-3

Warm-up x 1-2
Seated DB Tricep Extension x 3-4
Bench Dips x 2-3

74

Re: Bond fitness thread

David Schofield wrote:
ke02eww wrote:
walther p99 wrote:

As an addition to that, I think he looked emaciated and sickly in Cowboys and Aliens because of how extremely low his BF level was, his face was way too gaunt.

Agree... It was a bad look, especially towards the end of filming. And it carried through to the premiere..

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h160/pw86/th_8c4e4ec9cbbbab29a171b1aa723e6fb6_zpsc95c1579.jpg

I believe there are a couple of theories....

1) he was trying too hard for the "western hard man look" ..
2) this period in his life was agony.. He was breaking up with Satsuki and deciding to go for broke and commit to Rachel.... Anyone who's been in similar situ knows it's hard on a man's face and body as much as his health.

I plump for 2) - hope that doesn't make me a nuthugger...  ajb007/rolleyes

Dunno; how close do you want to get to him?

Personally, I disregard theory 2. Sorry, Paul, hope that's okay with you? For his own reason, he moved on damn swiftly to Rache so can't see crisis there. Could be wrong though, Paul?

Reckon it was 1 gone wrong. (  Brexit . Paul, I agree with you on something; maybe this enable you to knock your patronising on the head?). Didn't look hard, looked too wisend. In a realistic western it might have worked, not one where the enemy's from space. John Wayne-cowboy needed for this film.

But hey film was rubbish. Am I allowed to say that?

ajb007/rolleyes

75

Re: Bond fitness thread

As VinnyMac posted up his workout, I thought I'd follow suit for what it's worth.  It was back specific today & consisted of:

Deadlifts
Pull Ups
DB Rows against an incline bench
Cable rope face pulls -> Reverse flyes
DB Shrugs (high volume reps)

Lovely fun ...  ajb007/biggrin