Introduction to Moneypenny

I know this is just me knit picking but does anyone else think the audience and Bond's introduction to Moneypenny is a bit unrealistic? I doubt MI-6 would send two agents out together on such an important retrieval mission without them being formally introduced and also they had the time in Macau to get on second name terms :))
It might have been better if Bond had walked in and when they were discussing her taking a desk job, he picked a name plaque off her desk maybe and commented on how "Miss Moneypenny" suits her. I don't know really haha
Like I said earlier, it's just me knit picking
"You are about to wake when you dream that you are dreaming"

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    The end scene / name introduction felt very forced and seemed wierd to me.

Also the way he said "M". It also felt forced just to make sure the audience got it. Think they could have wrote the dialogue better here
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,743MI6 Agent
    I was fine with the way they put together the scene/dialogue with Mallory as the new "M".

The "Moneypenny" thing could have been written much better. I agree it is a little far fetched to believe that Bond did not know
    her name previously. I actually think Kent007's idea would have worked well.
  • Kent007Kent007 Posts: 338MI6 Agent
    Yeah exactly. I just felt that after what's a great movie, they tried too hard to make it clear that Eve was Moneypenny. They could've even told us her name at the start and then we knowingly could watch the development of their relationship.
    I suppose they had to make clear that Mallory was M as given his previous role, he could've just been temporarily in charge until M's successor was found.
    "You are about to wake when you dream that you are dreaming"
  • lotuslotus englandPosts: 292MI6 Agent
    I agree its nit picking
  • thegreatgallingthegreatgalling Posts: 180MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    The end scene / name introduction felt very forced and seemed wierd to me.

Also the way he said "M". It also felt forced just to make sure the audience got it. Think they could have wrote the dialogue better here

My only minor gripe is the "with pleasure" line. I just felt a sentiment that captured his sense of duty should triumph here. Yes Bond takes pleasure out of life, but I would argue that even his many dalliances usually have a purpose for Queen and Country.

Everyone knows you don't mix business with pleasure. :))

To "Are you ready to get back to work, I would have preferred "Always, M. Always.
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    I don't think it really implied Bond didn't know Moneypenny's name, just that he didn't get a suave, formal introduction to her.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,519Chief of Staff
    Yes its contrived that Bond would be on a mission and not know his co-agents name...perhaps it was a rush job and they didn't get time to meet properly...?..Bond does say that they haven't been formerly introduced, so he could have known her name - he may have just read it on her file...?....its a great scene anyway :D
    YNWA 97