Movies you've never watched.

ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
Any members never got round to watching some films
that other people can't believe you've never seen ?
For me, I've never seen ........................................

Any of The lord of the Rings films, The sound of Music, forest Gump, Mama Mia
any of the Twlight Films, Alfie, Trainspotting.

Any other "Greats" Missed ? :))
"I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 22,105MI6 Agent
    It's a wonderful life, Rollerball
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    Forrest Gump, Saving Private Ryan, and Braveheart.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,404MI6 Agent
    Conan the Barbarian, 16 Candles.

Apcoloypse Now, only bits of it.

Debbie Does Dallas.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • NeverSayDieNeverSayDie Posts: 495MI6 Agent
    The Sound of Music. Just bought it on Bluray to watch.
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,800MI6 Agent
    edited March 2013
    Star Wars - any of them
    Braveheart
    Saving Private Ryan
    The Lord of the Rings - any of them.
    The Godfather films
    Raging Bull
    Taxi Driver
    All Twilight Sagas
    All Harry Potters
    All Batmans
    All Spidermans
    etc. etc. etc. :))
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,241MI6 Agent
    The Godfather
    The Shawshank Redemption
    The Green Mile

I don't know why, but I have absolutely zero interest in seeing them. They just don't seem to appeal to me at all. (This could be wrong though, as I've not seen them to really find out).
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • LastRatStandingLastRatStanding ScotlandPosts: 296MI6 Agent
    The Lord of The Rings
    Now, they only eat rat.
    All the Harry Potters bar the first one.

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Zero interest in seeing "The Godfather", one of the 2 or 3 greatest movies ever made???? Man, are you ever missing out! (Shawshank is pretty good, too, although not on the same level of The Godfather. I have never seen The Green Mile).
    Jarvio wrote:
    The Godfather
    The Shawshank Redemption
    The Green Mile

I don't know why, but I have absolutely zero interest in seeing them. They just don't seem to appeal to me at all. (This could be wrong though, as I've not seen them to really find out).
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
    Mama Mia and the Twilight films on the list of "Greats"? Surely you jest! (Or maybe not - I haven't seen them either, so maybe I'm missing something!)
    Any members never got round to watching some films
    that other people can't believe you've never seen ?
    For me, I've never seen ........................................

Any of The lord of the Rings films, The sound of Music, forest Gump, Mama Mia
    any of the Twlight Films, Alfie, Trainspotting.

Any other "Greats" Missed ? :))
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,241MI6 Agent
    Zero interest in seeing "The Godfather", one of the 2 or 3 greatest movies ever made???? Man, are you ever missing out! (Shawshank is pretty good, too, although not on the same level of The Godfather. I have never seen The Green Mile).
    Jarvio wrote:
    The Godfather
    The Shawshank Redemption
    The Green Mile

It's just not really my genre, as I don't like gangster movies, but as I said I could be completely wrong as I've not seen it.
    Shawshank I have a little more interest in seeing though... but not too much, as I've never been into prison films. But again, I may love it... who knows
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    It's a wonderful life

Every Christmas this comes up and every Christmas I have to say 'no, I've never seen it'

I sometimes think I should just to avoid the conversation !! :))
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Blackleiter wrote :
    Mama Mia and the Twilight films on the list of "Greats"? Surely you jest! (Or maybe not - I haven't seen them either, so maybe I'm missing something!)

:)) NO, I don't count them as "Great", It's only with some people
    when you tell them you've never watched them. It's like you've
    just punched their child in the face. :D

and I rmember, I've never seen The Shawshank Redemption, either :)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Dances with Wolves

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Well I'll just say this - The Godfather is far more than just a "gangster movie". Just watching the evolution of Michael Corleone as played by Al Pacino is reason enough to see the movie. Especially if you also watch The Godfather - Part 2 to see the continuation of his transition. It's film drama at its best, and it transcends the gangster genre in ways that you have to see to believe. Maybe one day you'll take a chance and check it out. I'd be curious to hear what you think of it.
    Jarvio wrote:
    Jarvio wrote:
    The Godfather
    The Shawshank Redemption
    The Green Mile

It's just not really my genre, as I don't like gangster movies, but as I said I could be completely wrong as I've not seen it.
    Shawshank I have a little more interest in seeing though... but not too much, as I've never been into prison films. But again, I may love it... who knows
    Here's my review of The Godfather 2: 6 people found it useful. :)

The Godfather Too, second one down:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071562/reviews?filter=hate;filter=hate;start=10

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    i have never seen The Italian job 2003 ,and i dont want too either
    you cannot improve on Micheal Caine
    apart from that i think ive seen all the greatest films ever made
    but then i am 54
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    Well........at least you were right about Pacino's and DeNiro's acting! :D
    Here's my review of The Godfather 2: 6 people found it useful. :)

The Godfather Too, second one down:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071562/reviews?filter=hate;filter=hate;start=10
  • thesecretagentthesecretagent CornwallPosts: 2,151MI6 Agent
    Gone With The Wind. An all time great, but never seen it. And yet, I could quote several lines...
    Amazon #1 Bestselling Author. If you enjoy crime, espionage, action and fast-moving thrillers follow this link:

http://apbateman.com
  • SherbrookSherbrook Melbourne AustraliaPosts: 137MI6 Agent
    No Godfathers
    No Star Wars
    No Lords of Rings
    No Harry Potters

Believe it or not
    I must be dreaming
  • Le SamouraiLe Samourai Honolulu, HIPosts: 573MI6 Agent
    There are many Steven Spielberg films I haven't seen, such as Lincoln, Saving Private Ryan, The War Horse, Munich, and many more. Why? Because I am one of the very few moviegoers who dislikes Spielberg as a director. The only film of his I really love is 'Duel,' and that was a TV movie from the '70s.
    —Le Samourai

A Gent in Training.... A blog about my continuing efforts to be improve myself, be a better person, and lead a good life. It incorporates such far flung topics as fitness, self defense, music, style, food and drink, and personal philosophy.
    Agent In Training
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,800MI6 Agent
    There are many Steven Spielberg films I haven't seen, such as Lincoln, Saving Private Ryan, The War Horse, Munich, and many more. Why? Because I am one of the very few moviegoers who dislikes Spielberg as a director. The only film of his I really love is 'Duel,' and that was a TV movie from the '70s.

Duel is great - as is the Columbo episode 'Murder by the Book' that he directed.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Le SamouraiLe Samourai Honolulu, HIPosts: 573MI6 Agent

Duel is great - as is the Columbo episode 'Murder by the Book' that he directed.

I forgot about the Columbo episode. That was good. I liked his segment 'Eyes' in 'Night Gallery' as well. I guess I jut prefer Spielberg as a TV director.
    —Le Samourai

A Gent in Training.... A blog about my continuing efforts to be improve myself, be a better person, and lead a good life. It incorporates such far flung topics as fitness, self defense, music, style, food and drink, and personal philosophy.
    Agent In Training
    thesecretagent wrote :
    Gone With The Wind. An all time great, but never seen it.

Yes another I'd forgotten. My wife has it on DVD, So I've seen clips
    passing through the living room. :))

As for Spielberg, I remember reading years ago that Hitchcock had him thrown
    off a set, and claimed Spielberg had "Stolen" several of his shots. Although this
    might be an urban myth. :D
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    So, at this point, it would probably easier to list what I have seen from this thread. You guys have come up with a lot of big titles I never watched.
    So long as you've seen the Classics,

High School Musical, Hannah Montana: The Movie, and Justin Bieber: Never Say Never

:))
    Mr Beech wrote:
    So, at this point, it would probably easier to list what I have seen from this thread. You guys have come up with a lot of big titles I never watched.

I was thinking exactly the same thing when I first saw this thread last night. :))
  • thesecretagentthesecretagent CornwallPosts: 2,151MI6 Agent
    Sherbrook wrote:
    No Godfathers
    No Star Wars
    No Lords of Rings
    No Harry Potters

Believe it or not

I lived in Australia for a while, so I know what it's like. Don't worry, some of those titles will be released soon... :p And believe it or not, Stallone made more than four Rocky films.. :D
    Amazon #1 Bestselling Author. If you enjoy crime, espionage, action and fast-moving thrillers follow this link:

http://apbateman.com
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    One film I did go and see just because I thought I ought to was 'AVATAR'.

Hated it. Wish it could be erased from my memory. A classic case of follow your instinct, not the hype ;)
  • SherbrookSherbrook Melbourne AustraliaPosts: 137MI6 Agent
    Sherbrook wrote:
    No Godfathers
    No Star Wars
    No Lords of Rings
    No Harry Potters

Believe it or not

I lived in Australia for a while, so I know what it's like. Don't worry, some of those titles will be released soon... :p And believe it or not, Stallone made more than four Rocky films.. :D

As you can see I don't watch anything that has a numeral after the title
    I must be dreaming