Re: Will Bond 24 be a remake of "Live and let Die" ?

Thunderpussy wrote:

Can't be long before the rumors " Idris Elba "  for the next Bond start.  ajb007/lol

Remember when Wesley Snipes was "the next Bond" dujour. It's like the media has their big book of Bond rumours that they dust off and recirculate between films. They should come up with some more original stuff like:" Alfred Hitchcock to return from the dead to direct next Bond film but only if EON agrees to let him bring Cary Grant back with him to play Bond". ajb007/insane

Thunderpussy wrote:

Can't be long before the rumors " Idris Elba "  for the next Bond start.  ajb007/lol

I think that they already have.  ajb007/lol

Writer/Director @ The Bondologist Blog (TBB)
On Twitter: @Dragonpol 
'Like' TBB on FB: TBB Update Page
"The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

Blackleiter wrote:

Then we must stop that from ever happening at all costs! ajb007/lol

Jarvio wrote:

If they remake LALD then I will commit suicide

Too right. Can't beat a bit of emotional blackmail ajb007/lol

1 - Avtak, 2 - Op, 3 - Ltk, 4 - Lald, 5 - Fyeo, 6 - Ohmss, 7 - Sf, 8 - Dn, 9 - Ge, 10 - Daf, 11 - Tmwtgg, 12 - Tswlm, 13 - Mr, 14 - Tld, 15 - Yolt, 16 - Sp, 17 - Gf, 18 - Frwl, 19 - Dad, 20 - Qos, 21 - Tnd, 22 - Twine, 23 - Tb, 24 - Cr

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby

Smiert-Spionam wrote:
Jarvio wrote:

Maybe we should form some sort of suicide pact. You can throw me in a casket of snakes and I'll pop a shark pellet in your mouth  ajb007/lol

If it comes to that then... deal ajb007/lol

1 - Avtak, 2 - Op, 3 - Ltk, 4 - Lald, 5 - Fyeo, 6 - Ohmss, 7 - Sf, 8 - Dn, 9 - Ge, 10 - Daf, 11 - Tmwtgg, 12 - Tswlm, 13 - Mr, 14 - Tld, 15 - Yolt, 16 - Sp, 17 - Gf, 18 - Frwl, 19 - Dad, 20 - Qos, 21 - Tnd, 22 - Twine, 23 - Tb, 24 - Cr

Jarvio wrote:

A little bit drastic, no?  ajb007/insane

I have mixed feelings on the idea of a remake of Live and Let Die. I do enjoy that movie, but a remake would be a bad move, IMHO. I think a more faithful adaptation of the book would be best with a different title. As for Idris Elba being a potential future Bond villain I'm all for that!  ajb007/smile

"When it gets up to your ankles, you're going to beg to tell me everything. When it gets up to your knees, you'll kiss my ass to kill you!"

Top 10 best Bond films(imo):
#1 CR, #2 SF, #3 GE, #4 GF, #5 LTK, #6 OHMSS, #7 TSWLM, #8 FYEO, #9 TB, #10 FRWL

Any other thoughts on this article? I suspect it based wholly on speculation?

SILHOUETTE MAN wrote:
Jarvio wrote:

Yes it is, but I stick by my guns that I hate remakes in every shape and form. I believe that a film should never be remade. It's downright lazy and un-creative IMO. And to top that off, LALD is my favourite bond film.

Jarvio wrote:
SILHOUETTE MAN wrote:
Jarvio wrote:

Yes it is, but I stick by my guns that I hate remakes in every shape and form. I believe that a film should never be remade. It's downright lazy and un-creative IMO. And to top that off, LALD is my favourite bond film.

Yes, but we're talking about a remake of the novel version, not the film version. There is a difference, as not a lot of the novel actually features in the film version as released - there's more of it in Licence to Kill, in fact. This is a very important distinction.

SILHOUETTE MAN wrote:
Jarvio wrote:
SILHOUETTE MAN wrote:

Yes, but we're talking about a remake of the novel version, not the film version. There is a difference, as not a lot of the novel actually features in the film version as released - there's more of it in Licence to Kill, in fact. This is a very important distinction.

True, and yes I've heard lots about how many films take elements from different novels. In that case then I would be ok with it as long as they didn't call it LALD and didn't have the same character names in it (Kananga etc).

I have read LALD but that was years ago. I do remember it seeming to have a similar moment from the FYEO film concerning a boat, net, and sharks.

In my Opinion if they'd wanted to do a remake of LALD.
the perfect Mr Big is Sadly no longer with us.
Michael Clarke Duncan    I'd always hoped to
see him in a Bond Film.

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

Good one!

Thunderpussy wrote:

In my Opinion if they'd wanted to do a remake of LALD.
the perfect Mr Big is Sadly no longer with us.
Michael Clarke Duncan    I'd always hoped to
see him in a Bond Film.

"Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."

Jarvio wrote:
SILHOUETTE MAN wrote:
Jarvio wrote:

True, and yes I've heard lots about how many films take elements from different novels. In that case then I would be ok with it as long as they didn't call it LALD and didn't have the same character names in it (Kananga etc).

I have read LALD but that was years ago. I do remember it seeming to have a similar moment from the FYEO film concerning a boat, net, and sharks.

Yes, this is the type of thing I'd be thinking of. I think that if done right, under a new title, it could work as a new Bond film. There was no Dr Kananga in the original novel of course, his name coming from Ross Kananga, the owner of the crocodile farm seen in the film - he also did the famous jump over the crocodiles backs, of course.

SILHOUETTE MAN wrote:
Jarvio wrote:
SILHOUETTE MAN wrote:

Yes, this is the type of thing I'd be thinking of. I think that if done right, under a new title, it could work as a new Bond film. There was no Dr Kananga in the original novel of course, his name coming from Ross Kananga, the owner of the crocodile farm seen in the film - he also did the famous jump over the crocodiles backs, of course.

Ahh so you're right, it was Mr Big in the novel, not Kananga - my mistake. It was a long time ago when I read it

Jarvio wrote:
SILHOUETTE MAN wrote:
Jarvio wrote:

Ahh so you're right, it was Mr Big in the novel, not Kananga - my mistake. It was a long time ago when I read it

You're fine. No need to worry. We all remember things wrong sometimes, Jarvio.  ajb007/smile

It would be not bad idea to make another LALD but closer to the novel.

kboo3.blogspot.com

kboo3 wrote:

It would be not bad idea to make another LALD but closer to the novel.

You're not wrong there. That was the point that I was myself making above!  ajb007/smile

Napoleon Plural wrote:

Well realistically they could have done that with LALD. Call it something else, have a voodoo theme (like Angel Heart), carve up Felix and off you go. More of a nod to Live and Let Die really, but following the theme.

Agreed...and there's a fair amount of Fleming from the LALD novel that can be culled for a film set in NYC and the Caribbean.  If ever a Bond could get a pinky finger broken, IMO it's Craigger  ajb007/bond   Get a good title, and roll with it.

"Blood & Ashes"...AVAILABLE on Amazon.co.uk: Get 'Jaded': Blood & Ashes: The Debut Oscar Jade Thriller
"I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
"Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM

They keep on prolonging Daniel Craig's term as James Bond. Now we may have to wait until 2015 or 2016 for the next movie and then 2019 for the movie after that. I don't want to wait until the year 2020 for there to be a new actor to play "James Bond". I'm getting older here.  Please don't let Daniel Craig be the last James Bond I will ever see.
After seeing the preview of the new "The Saint" tv series, I am beginning to think history could repeat itself and Adam Rayner, the new "Simon Templar", could become the next 007th James Bond. He will be 36 this year.

Smiert-Spionam wrote:
Jarvio wrote:

Maybe we should form some sort of suicide pact. You can throw me in a casket of snakes and I'll pop a shark pellet in your mouth  ajb007/lol

DaltonFan1 wrote:

There is virtually nothing left from the LALD novel that wasn't used in either the LALD film, FYEO or LTK. It would be crazy to try to do a remake/re-adaptation.

This is my view as well.  Still, I've long thought that Fleming's Mr. Big could be properly used in a film; and I used to think Michael Clarke Duncan would be the perfect actor to play him. . .but it would take Baron Samedi performing his magic for that to happen now. . .

Vox clamantis in deserto

james362001 wrote:

They keep on prolonging Daniel Craig's term as James Bond. Now we may have to wait until 2015 or 2016 for the next movie and then 2019 for the movie after that. I don't want to wait until the year 2020 for there to be a new actor to play "James Bond". I'm getting older here.  Please don't let Daniel Craig be the last James Bond I will ever see.
After seeing the preview of the new "The Saint" tv series, I am beginning to think history could repeat itself and Adam Rayner, the new "Simon Templar", could become the next 007th James Bond. He will be 36 this year.

Smiert-Spionam wrote:
Jarvio wrote:

Interesting suggestion on Adam Rayner there, that would be quite a turn up for the book having him follow Sir Roger Moore into the role of James Bond. Not been following Saintly news lately, I'm afraid!  ajb007/crap

Hardyboy wrote:
DaltonFan1 wrote:

There is virtually nothing left from the LALD novel that wasn't used in either the LALD film, FYEO or LTK. It would be crazy to try to do a remake/re-adaptation.

This is my view as well.  Still, I've long thought that Fleming's Mr. Big could be properly used in a film; and I used to think Michael Clarke Duncan would be the perfect actor to play him. . .but it would take Baron Samedi performing his magic for that to happen now. . .

On the contrary (as I often seem to be here on AJB!) I think there's much that could still be done with the film version of the LALD novel. It is indeed the Bond novel that keeps on giving - we're now onto our fourth film version potentially ifd the rumours are indeed true (and I really hope that they are).

SILHOUETTE MAN wrote:
Hardyboy wrote:
DaltonFan1 wrote:

On the contrary (as I often seem to be here on AJB!) I think there's much that could still be done with the film version of the LALD novel. It is indeed the Bond novel that keeps on giving - we're now onto our fourth film version potentially ifd the rumours are indeed true (and I really hope that they are).

Why not dust off Ben Hecht's script for CR and re-work it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film … cript.html

"And if I told you that I'm from the Ministry of Defence?" James Bond  - The Property of a Lady

perdogg wrote:
SILHOUETTE MAN wrote:
Hardyboy wrote:

Why not dust off Ben Hecht's script for CR and re-work it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film … cript.html

Ah, but that would be a header for another plagiarism case. Look at the legal story behind Thunderball if you need any precedent. There be dragons. Let's keep things simple, shall we?

I love the idea of a gritty remake.
I loved the book LALD. I just talked my little bro into picking up a copy to read last week (wouldn't lend him by Signet copy).  I told him it was one of the better adventures. I read it about fifteen years ago, but remember most the atmosphere. A great pace of investigating the clues while  moving around locations.
I loved the fact that FOR YOUR EYES ONLY incorporated the Keel Hauling scene from the novel.

I doubt though that remakes are in the future of 007.

I would like to see SPECTRE return though.

I am stoked about Idris being in a Bond flic. That is so awesome. I hope it happens.

I don't think I can really wait until 2016!!! I know I'm at the mercy of EON productions,,,, but I think I'll add my concerns to my nightly prayers.