Locations

Which locations would you like? It seems to me that the latest Bonds they go to cities that are in strong development and have had a recent populairity. Such as Istanbul, Shanghai and of course London.

With the olympics in 2014 in Brazil and the world cup in 2016, it would be nice to see Bond go back to Rio again.

But other options I would like to see:

- Japan. Its a crime he has only been in Tokyo once. Osaka is a great city to visit and also Kyoto would be cool. And Tokyo is excellent, but it is a difficult city to film in because of regulatory issues.
- Barcelona or Madrid. It is strange that Bond has never been in these cities yet.
- Rome. Same as the Spanish cities.
- Sydney. Never been there yet either.
- Buenos Aires. A beautiful city, the Paris of latin america.
- Kuala Lumpur. Also a cool city to visit. I always enjoy seeing James in Asia somehow.
- Oslo. Just because I lived there before, so it would be nice to have our hero there.

Any other suggestions?
OHMSS, FRWL, DN, GF, CR, GE, SP, YOLT, TB, TSWLM, LALD, TLD, TND, FYEO, SF, MR, TMWTGG, TWINE, OP, AVTAK, DAF, LTK, QOS, DAD

1. Connery 2. Craig 3. Brosnan 4. Dalton 5. Lazenby 6. Moore

Comments

• PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    I would love to see 007 in Japan again. A fascinating country with a lot of beautiful places to visit.

I'd like to see Bond having a mission in one or two countries instead of flying all over the world.

Other suggestions:
    -Amsterdam. A great city that could be used for a chase.
    -Lapland. Fairy tale land in winter.
    -South Africa
    -Genua. A beautiful city in Italy
    -Canada
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I think the train stunt from Skyfall was due to be filmed in S.Africa, but
    but the crew couldn't get the level of cooperation needed ( Healty & safety)
    from the governement. 8-)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • 007007 ClassifiedPosts: 372MI6 Agent
    We've seen Bourne there more recently of course, but I do love Paris.
    Things I hate:
    1. People who hate things.
    2. Irony.
    3. Lists.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,699MI6 Agent
    edited May 2013
    Moscow and the beautiful tube(and the Secret tube under that ..)

Malaysia, Jakarta and India (these countries are really on the rise)

The Sahara region (beautiful and topical - Mali, Yemen, Egypt)

It's time Bond got his skis back on - send him to the Lofoten islands, Norway)

Reine_i_Lofoten_NR_007_Foto_Terje_Rakke_Nordic_Life_AS_1269870474_911x600.jpg

61329-004-AC59CE70.jpg
    http://myscienceacademy.org/2013/04/14/the-33-most-beautiful-abandoned-places-in-the-world/

30 abandoned places that look truly beautiful. Some of these
    could make facinating locations for Bond.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    How about Durham castle. The castle could be used as the villains lair or something.

castleexteriorkeepw750h375.jpg
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,698MI6 Agent
    Sydney, Australia.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Mr_Osato wrote:
    Which locations would you like? It seems to me that the latest Bonds they go to cities that are in strong development and have had a recent populairity. Such as Istanbul, Shanghai and of course London.

With the olympics in 2014 in Brazil and the world cup in 2016, it would be nice to see Bond go back to Rio again.

- Japan. Its a crime he has only been in Tokyo once. Osaka is a great city to visit and also Kyoto would be cool. And Tokyo is excellent, but it is a difficult city to film in because of regulatory issues.
    - Barcelona or Madrid. It is strange that Bond has never been in these cities yet.
    - Kuala Lumpur. Also a cool city to visit. I always enjoy seeing James in Asia somehow.
    - Oslo. Just because I lived there before, so it would be nice to have our hero there.

Any other suggestions?

My son lives in Osaka and I would love for Bond to return to Japan. I've told this story before, but I have been fascinated by the Far East, especially Japan, since I was a kid. That's why YOLT is such a favorite of mine. My son must have inherited my interest, because without any prodding from me he developed an interest in anime and Japanese pop music, and other aspects of Japanese culture. When he went to college he deliberately chose a school with a study abroad program in Japan, and he spent his entire junior year at a university in Sapporo. I have never been to Japan, but I plan to go some day. Until then, I experience Japan vicariously through my son.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • Mr_OsatoMr_Osato Posts: 398MI6 Agent
    Mr_Osato wrote:

Any other suggestions?

My son lives in Osaka and I would love for Bond to return to Japan. I've told this story before, but I have been fascinated by the Far East, especially Japan, since I was a kid. That's why YOLT is such a favorite of mine. My son must have inherited my interest, because without any prodding from me he developed an interest in anime and Japanese pop music, and other aspects of Japanese culture. When he went to college he deliberately chose a school with a study abroad program in Japan, and he spent his entire junior year at a university in Sapporo. I have never been to Japan, but I plan to go some day. Until then, I experience Japan vicariously through my son.

Interesting! I always had a deep fascination for Japan also. When the company I worked for was taken over by a Japanese company 2 years ago, I was very happy and was hoping one day it would make me visit Japan. Bigger was my surprise that I was the first Westerner to work for the mothercompany in Tokyo since June of last year!

Let me know if you ever come and visit Tokyo, i will be here untill December at least. We can have a sake, 98.4 degrees fahrenheit naturally ;)
    OHMSS, FRWL, DN, GF, CR, GE, SP, YOLT, TB, TSWLM, LALD, TLD, TND, FYEO, SF, MR, TMWTGG, TWINE, OP, AVTAK, DAF, LTK, QOS, DAD

• BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Mr_Osato wrote:
    Mr_Osato wrote:

Any other suggestions?

Interesting! I always had a deep fascination for Japan also. When the company I worked for was taken over by a Japanese company 2 years ago, I was very happy and was hoping one day it would make me visit Japan. Bigger was my surprise that I was the first Westerner to work for the mothercompany in Tokyo since June of last year!

Let me know if you ever come and visit Tokyo, i will be here untill December at least. We can have a sake, 98.4 degrees fahrenheit naturally ;)
    It's a deal! It would be great to meet you. -{
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,227MI6 Agent
    My top choices are Australia ( I have wanted Bond to go thier for a long time), Japan, South Africa, Norway, Barcelona or Madrid, Kuala Lumpur, or Dubai.
    PPK 7.65mm wrote:
    My top choices are Australia ( I have wanted Bond to go thier for a long time), Japan, South Africa, Norway, Barcelona or Madrid, Kuala Lumpur, or Dubai.

NZ could be a good place to go as well

• The LimeyThe Limey Kent , EnglandPosts: 60MI6 Agent
    I'd love to see more of the Caribbean . I knows it's a cliche , but for me , it's the "exotic" feeling that's been missing lately . . . . Things feel more Bond-like on a tropical island .
    Agree with you all. All fantastic locations.

It would be cool that our hero visits a place and will have an impact like it had on Bond island in Thailand or Piz Gloria in Switzerland.

http://www.boredpanda.com/amazing-places/

22 Unbelievable Places that are Hard to Believe Really Exist, Some
    of these places look amazing. -{

unbelievable_places_1_1.jpg

unbelievable_places_13_1.jpg

unbelievable_places_26_1.jpg
    Great find. I would love the Tianzi mountains in China to be a location.

Well, I have been to 3 locations: the bamboo forrest in Japan, the tulip fields in the Netherlands and the black forrest.

Thanks for the find, I will try to see the Japanese locations while I am here.

• kaelb007kaelb007 Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    Being an Australian, I would love to see a Bond film being located in Australia...even though I live nowhere near sydney it would still be amazing to see my hero doing his stuff in my country :) not predgidous at all. Hahha, and yes Japan, Tokyo especially would be amazing!
    edited November 2013
    In China there is a small mountain village called Guoliang. It was virtually isolated and doomed to be de-populated because it was so remote and inacessable a road would cost too much just to reach 300 People. but the People of Guolong really loved their village so they spent decades
    building the road themselves with very primitive tools. And just look at it!

guo1.jpg

IMG_9686-750830.JPG

This road is from another part of China, but it's fantastic!

guoliangcun%20tunnel%20map%20road%2099.jpg
    edited November 2013
    What about North East England? As i mentioned on a previous post in this topic, i think Durham castle would be a good location for the villains lair. Newcastle Upon Tyne would be a good location for a fight on the Blinking Eye.

Would be good for tourism for the North east.

Jacob-James_Newcastle-Upon-Tyne_United-Kingdom_1-6.jpg

Here is one I have suggested before: Chittagong Beach, Bangladesh. Because of raised standards for hazardous materials handling and worker safety in the industrialized world, old ships are sent to the Third world when they die. The largest ship brealking site in the world is Chittagong. ships are simply beached and thousands of workers with little more than Sledges and blowtorches cut them up for spare parts. Imagine a Chase/fight scene (possibly involving motorcycles) in nd around the carasses of great ships, collumoinatïng with a ship beaching itself in the middel of the fight!

tumblr_lzsa5d0xgF1r69i5mo1_500.jpg

blackseafreighterwreck.jpg
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    I want to see Japan used again, it's criminally underused in Western made Films nowadays.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Thinking of going to Venice this year (well have to wear my black Nike s somewhere)
    can any body recomend a nice hotel, dont want to go mad as im going back to
    Florida later,
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    I want to see Japan used again, it's criminally underused in Western made Films nowadays.

Naturally I agree. However, I found out that it is rediculously difficult and expensive to do filming in real Japan. Even movies such as memoirs of a geisha and the last samurai were for 80% filmed outside of Japan, new zealand mostly.

It is a shame, it is an amazing country.

• don pdon p Posts: 589MI6 Agent
    Thinking of going to Venice this year (well have to wear my black Nike s somewhere)
    can any body recomend a nice hotel, dont want to go mad as im going back to
    Florida later,

give venice a miss,, Verona is far nicer, and more to see,, more shops.. and better food,
  • don pdon p Posts: 589MI6 Agent
    What about North East England? As i mentioned on a previous post in this topic, i think Durham castle would be a good location for the villains lair. Newcastle Upon Tyne would be a good location for a fight on the Blinking Eye.

Would be good for tourism for the North east.

search?safe=off&hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1366&bih=643&q=blinking+eye+bridge&oq=blinking+eye+br&gs_l=img.3.0.0l2.2593.14278.0.15854.17.13.1.3.3.0.940.3110.0j8j3j1j6-1.13.0...0.0...1ac.1.12.img.4bYR1CTIZ2M#imgrc=34Q1880DxIri_M%3A%3BCRohhjjiKk47MM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.bbc.co.uk%252Ftyne%252Fcontent%252Fimages%252F2006%252F08%252F07%252Fpaul_rogers_millennium_470x313.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.bbc.co.uk%252Ftyne%252Fcontent%252Fimage_galleries%252Fgateshead_millennium_bridge_gallery.shtml%253F2%3B470%3B313]

I take it your a geodie... me too !!,, Northumberland,,
  • JagJag Posts: 1,167MI6 Agent
    Bond has never been to Australia in 50 years. Maybe time to make up for it? And, really, Australia is a continent. If it is Sydney, then we would be seeing exactly what we have seen in all the other movies (Matrix, Mission Impossible 2 etc.). Sydney is a great place to visit, but there is heaps more to see (and show) in Oz than just Sydney.
    On Tianmen maintain in China they have made a glas skywalk! Imagine a fight on this:

article-2060023-0EC09FE600000578-239_636x342.jpg
    It's amazing reminded me of the Grand Canyon Skywalk.
    http://youtu.be/KJrv6pkci0I
    10 impressive doomsday bunkers:

http://www.survival-spot.com/survival-blog/10-impressive-doomsday-bunkers/

And a former missile silo converted into a luxury home:

http://www.silohome.com/

You have to understand, I'm feeling insecure ;%
    edited May 2013
    Your post Number24 reminded me of the Stephen Fry in America TV show.
    Where he met a couple who live and sell "Bunker Homes " :))
    http://youtu.be/Sg7TmlG7JBU

I'd love one. :D