James Bond Lego

jeffchjeffch Posts: 163MI6 Agent
I always wanted to see James Bond Lego sets, although it'll never happen. So I wanted to make some of my own. I had a lot of fun putting these together. Figured some people on here might get a kick out of them.

james_bond_lego_set_1_by_jeffach-d5w3xc2.jpg

james_bond_lego_set_2_by_jeffach-d5w3zhy.jpg

james_bond_lego_set_3_by_jeffach-d5w3ztl.jpg

james_bond_lego_set_4_by_jeffach-d5wns35.jpg

james_bond_lego_set_5_by_jeffach-d66twju.jpg

Comments

• bondmobilebondmobile Posts: 92MI6 Agent
    These are REALLY fun - you've nailed the chunky LEGO design and chosen some nice iconic scenes from the films. Any interest in completing the series with the other 20 films? I'd enjoy seeing them!

--Brian
  • jeffchjeffch Posts: 163MI6 Agent
    I'm already working on a OHMSS set. But not sure how far I'll get into the series.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 27,342Chief of Staff
    Cracking stuff - I want them :))

Inspired -{
    YNWA 97
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Absolutely brilliant!

Machine gun granny made me chuckle the most!
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • dailo007dailo007 Posts: 182MI6 Agent
    As a confirmed Lego nut I'm salivating at the prospect of these going into production one day!

Goldeneye train with concealed helicopter and tank please!

oh, I think I may have just had a crisis!
  • 007storm007storm The NetherlandsPosts: 345MI6 Agent
    Looks gr8! Best James Bond Lego sets i've ever seen! Good work!
    Where can we order? Do you have also real buildinginstructions??
    My James Bond Collection:
    Antens007Archive
  • ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    Excellent artwork concepts, well done -{
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    These are fantastic! Your attention to detail is superb. Poor old Domino and Honey look a bit chunky in Lego though lol :))

Would love to see these as real sets!
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • Colonel PinstripeColonel Pinstripe UKPosts: 52MI6 Agent
    Very well done. You are a master craftsman. They look very authentic.
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    This is absolutely amazing! Great work. It must have been so much fun making these. It takes me back to my youth when I used to build the most outlandish villain lairs out of LEGO and had it raided by Bond and some marines.
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
    jeffch I hope you don't mind, but I was so impressed with your concept artwork. I thought you might like to see what a finished box might look like, I have taken liberties with the side panels, I hope you like it.

BOX_PIC.jpg
    Ya know i don't think Lego would keep up with demand if stuff like this became viable :))

Robert, I found a box by the way, i'll being going to see Pat hopefully tomorrow.

MG -{
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    minigeff wrote:
    Ya know i don't think Lego would keep up with demand if stuff like this became viable :))

Robert, I found a box by the way, i'll being going to see Pat hopefully tomorrow.

MG -{

Cheers MG -{
  • Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,246Quartermasters
    I think those are excellent. Very well done!

DG
    So, what sharp little eyes you've got...wait till you get to my teeth.
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    OH I wish I was ten again :x
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • Jimbo Bond 007Jimbo Bond 007 UKPosts: 80MI6 Agent
    Outstanding work
  • LancasterLancaster Posts: 60MI6 Agent
    Superb! Top marks for artistry and imagination!

Did you know that if you can gather sufficient support, Lego will consider putting models into production. I think you need 10,000 votes - see website http://lego.cuusoo.com/

Of course there are copyright issues etc etc, but the JB community is pretty substantial so I doubt that the amount of support would be the issue. The volcano from YOLT or Atlantis from TSWLM would be fab larger sets to build....!
    "The distance between insanity and genius is merely success"
  • jacekalanjacekalan GdyniaPosts: 77MI6 Agent
    Fantastic job jeffch!
  • jacekalanjacekalan GdyniaPosts: 77MI6 Agent
    Lancaster wrote:

Did you know that if you can gather sufficient support, Lego will consider putting models into production. I think you need 10,000 votes - see website http://lego.cuusoo.com/

Of course there are copyright issues etc etc, but the JB community is pretty substantial so I doubt that the amount of support would be the issue. The volcano from YOLT or Atlantis from TSWLM would be fab larger sets to build....!

I'm in!
  • VoituerVoituer Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    Simply awesome- not just a quick mock up but designed to the last detail. I wonder have you actually contacted Lego as there might be room for a limited premium run, just for adults, I should imagine a few thousand of each would scoot out of the door.
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,785MI6 Agent
    edited June 2013
    I think so too, surely Eon and Lego could see the potential for kids and collectors from this. Star Wars, Indy Jones, Harry Potter - why not James Bond?

My personal favorite is Little Nellie, but have to agree with Mini G, Machine Gun Granny and the itty-bod Odd Job make the Goldfinger set!

Hey! Can you imagine diorama sets? - M's office, Atlantis, Drax's Space station, Piz Gloria?

Other vehicles could include the Q Boat, (really floats) converting Boatus the Liparus with bow doors and Scaramanga's flying car!

I was a BIG Lego fan as a kid. ;%
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
  • icsics Posts: 1,413MI6 Agent
    LEGO - a danish company - this IS a dream...... imagine Bond world in LEGO land :D
    jeffch I hope you don't mind, but I was so impressed with your concept artwork. I thought you might like to see what a finished box might look like, I have taken liberties with the side panels, I hope you like it.

BOX_PIC.jpg

Nice! looks great
    Lancaster wrote:

I tried submitting to Cuusoo they rejected it. They didn't think JB was appropriate for kids I guess. I would love to do larger sets like the volcano from YOLT or Piz Gloria. Just don't have the time/money/space for such large projects.
    I think so too, surely Eon and Lego could see the potential for kids and collectors from this. Star Wars, Indy Jones, Harry Potter - why not James Bond?

My personal favorite is Little Nellie, but have to agree with Mini G, Machine Gun Granny and the itty-bod Odd Job make the Goldfinger set!

Hey! Can you imagine diorama sets? - M's office, Atlantis, Drax's Space station, Piz Gloria?

Other vehicles could include the Q Boat, (really floats) converting Boatus the Liparus with bow doors and Scaramanga's flying car!

I was a BIG Lego fan as a kid. ;%

If only... but I don't think Lego considers it a kid friendly series
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,245MI6 Agent
    edited June 2013
    What about James Bond Kre-O?

Kre-O is an similar kind of building toy except unlike Lego they often make their product lines to appeal to adult collectors rather than children. A perfect example of this is their recent Star Trek: Into Darkness line which I would imagine more adults would buy since Star Trek has a strong adult following.
    Actually I think these should be made into an art installation - familiarity breeds contempt

Do I want to play with Lego - no
    Do I love these artists impressions - absolutely yes
    Voituer wrote:
    Actually I think these should be made into an art installation - familiarity breeds contempt

Do I want to play with Lego - no
    Do I love these artists impressions - absolutely yes

What's wrong with you man?! :o
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org

What's wrong with you man?! :o

Now thats a completely different subject :s
    jeffch wrote:
    I'm already working on a OHMSS set. But not sure how far I'll get into the series.

Highlights for me will be your take on LALD, TSWLM and MR

I cannot wait!