What happened to the Fan Fiction?

Well, it seems that in my absence, someone misplaced the Fan Fiction section. Is it really gone, or am I just missing something? :s

And yes, I know the fanfic I wrote all those years ago was atrocious, but was it really so bad that someone had to nuke the entire section over it??? :))

Comments

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,420Chief of Staff
    The fan-fic section was put into storage many years ago - when the site moved servers...you must have been gone a LONG time...its probably on Si's to do list....nice to see you back though...
    YNWA 97
  • The Sly FoxThe Sly Fox USAPosts: 467MI6 Agent
    And it's good to see you again, sir! As for it being a long time, well, let's see. The bar up top says my last visit was Mar 17 2010 12:14 am... :D

I'm noticing the site's been trimmed down, in general. Though I'm rather sad to see that the fanfics are gone. Obsidian Masquerade was such fun to write. I was hoping Scaramanga1 and the gang might all get together and write another one... or am I just wishing for times long past? :(
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,420Chief of Staff
    I would have thought the fan-fics had been archived before 2010 - but I'm getting old and my memory isn't what it used to be anymore :# :D

Scaramanga1 is still active here - when family time allows though, he has a young family (even though he's a Granddad too :o ) so he doesn't get the chance to post as often as he would like...
    Someone did mention about writing another collaborative novel (sorry for not remembering whom) but I'm not sure how many were interested....perhaps you could try and start another one...?...and gauge interest..?...
    YNWA 97
  • SiCoSiCo EnglandPosts: 1,371M
    Yes the fan fiction was trimmed during one of the many issues with the site. It's not gone, just forgotten for the moment. I have everything, it's just not online. I will see what I can do, I am all for people writing more and if the demand is there I am sure I can accommodate it.

The whole section really needs a manager, sc1 was brilliant at it (I haven't discussed with him again) but I imagine as Sir M says he is very busy with other duties so might not be up for the challenge. Having said that it's quite a bit of work on my part too and it's not really near the top of the list!

It's good to have you back.
    Simon