From DAD to FAB - Spoliers for Thunderbirds Are Go

Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,774MI6 Agent
I have just found out, former Die Another Day actress Rosamund Pike, who played icy Miranda Frost, has been voicecast as Lady Penelope in the new version of Thunderbirds!

Full story is here...

http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/rosamund-pike-set-to-voice-thunderbirds-are-go-1200681757/

This is very good news! David Graham is back to potray the voice of Parker.
This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?

Comments

• minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Please be a Rolls Royce,
    Please be a Rolls Royce,
    Please be a Rolls Royce,
    Please be a Rolls Royce,
    Please be a Rolls Royce,
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,774MI6 Agent
    Thunderbird_2_2_2015_Series.jpg

Presenting Thunderbird 2.2!

On final approach in 2015, from ITV and Weta studios......
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Can I tell my really old Thunderbirds joke ?

Lady Penelope walked over to Parker saying ..
    " Parker take off my dress " ........... " Yus M'lady"
    " Parker take off my shoes" ............... " yus m'lady
    " Parker take off my bra " .................. " yus, m'lady"
    " and Parker, .... Never let me catch you wearing my clothes again !" :))

Ah!, I remember that from my school days. :)) now it's topical again ! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    X-( I find a decent pic of Thunderbird 2.2, and that's it?! Pussy, your response Is older than I am! Not impressed, you can do better. I'l be in the pub later for a gripe water and fresh cabbage. 8-)
    :)) wait till you hear all the old ninja turtle stuff I have, now they have
    A new film out ! :)) it's true, you wait long enough and everything comes
    Back into fashion. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Although, I should have expected a "Thunderbirds" fan to be highly strung ! :)) :p
  • DutchfingerDutchfinger Holland With LovePosts: 1,240MI6 Agent
    Thanks for pointing this thread out to me TB2!
    I can't wait for this! The new Thunderbird 2 looks amazing, way better than what we saw in the live action movie of 2004. Rosamund Pike looks like an excellent modern day casting choice for Lady P if you ask me.
    Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews: Recapping 007
    YouTube channel Support my channel on Patreon Twitter Facebook fanpage
    I can't wait for this! The new Thunderbird 2 looks amazing, way better than what we saw in the live action movie of 2004. Rosamund Pike looks like an excellent modern day casting choice for Lady P if you ask me.

My pleasure DFinger! Fasten your seat belt, here is Thunderbird 4...

image.jpg

And here is the new Tracy Island!

image.jpg

My pleasure DFinger! Fasten your seat belt, here is Thunderbird 4...

image.jpg

And here is the new Tracy Island!

image.jpg

Looks great! Just looked up how the other ones look as well:

thunderbirds_are_go_the_new_thunderbirds_by.jpg

Not sure what to think of the new TB5, that looks a bit weird. The other ones look very close to their original 60ies designs and seem to be nicely updated. (TB3 is a bit to square for my taste looking at this angle...)
    I agree on Thunderbird 5, not sure what is going on there, and Thunderbird 3 does look blockier. I suspect the rocket has pivoting engines for in-space manoeuvring, similar to Thunderbird 2's pivoting vertical jets.

As per Mini G's mantra we can only hope the same level of attention has been paid to FAB 1, the only missing vehicle at this point. I am also curious to see the new Creighton Manor. Wets have gone to great pains to explain they love the original series and are determined not to repeat the mistakes of 2004. According to an interview I read, they got Gerry Anderson's permission and blessing while he was working on his CGI version of Captain Scarlet at that time.

As far as the characters are concerned, all five of the Tracy brothers are present and correct, Lady P, Parker and Brains are all back but we still don't know who is the voice of Jeff Tracy. Time will tell, I suspect they have got someone big, so are saving that announcement as a big thing.

The remake will feature several stories from the original series, (no word on which ones) and will consist of 26 half hour episodes. Apparently the shorter episode duration is to compete with other modern animation series such as Ben Ten or Max Steel.
    I agree on Thunderbird 5, not sure what is going on there, and Thunderbird 3 does look blockier. I suspect the rocket has pivoting engines for in-space manoeuvring, similar to Thunderbird 2's pivoting vertical jets.

As per Mini G's mantra we can only hope the same level of attention has been paid to FAB 1, the only missing vehicle at this point. I am also curious to see the new Creighton Manor. Wets have gone to great pains to explain they love the original series and are determined not to repeat the mistakes of 2004. According to an interview I read, they got Gerry Anderson's permission and blessing while he was working on his CGI version of Captain Scarlet at that time.

As far as the characters are concerned, all five of the Tracy brothers are present and correct, Lady P, Parker and Brains are all back but we still don't know who is the voice of Jeff Tracy. Time will tell, I suspect they have got someone big, so are saving that announcement as a big thing.

The remake will feature several stories from the original series, (no word on which ones) and will consist of 26 half hour episodes. Apparently the shorter episode duration is to compete with other modern animation series such as Ben Ten or Max Steel.

Speaking of Jeff Tracy, it just popped in my head how fitting George Clooney's voice would be for that part. (That would probably never happen though) Stories from the original series sounds fascinating! I'm really curious how those will work out. To bad the episode length isn't as long as the original series though.. - But looks like 2015 is going to bring us lots of cool stuff!
    I'm praying that Julian Clairy ditches narrating The Little Princess in favour of taking on the role of Jeff Tracy.....

"now then boyys, oooh I've got a lovely assignment for you after you've finished polishing your machines...."

To reiterate my previous points, I hope to sweet sonny Jesus that someone saves the sketches of fab1 from the 2004 movie and put them to good use on this latest incarnation.

The 2004 RR FAB1 was gorgeous but RR pulled out early (ooh er) as they didn't want anyone being mistaken and thinking 26ft long bright pink 6 wheeled rollers were on sale to the general public.

Needless to say a TB model of some description is very much on the bucket list.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    minigeff wrote:
    The 2004 RR FAB1 was gorgeous but RR pulled out early (ooh er) as they didn't want anyone being mistaken and thinking 26ft long bright pink 6 wheeled rollers were on sale to the general public.

I personally hope it won't look anything like that one. Looked pretty terrible in my eyes. Wasn't it constructed by Ford? I really hope it will look more like the original... (much like they did with Thunderbirds 1 - 4 it seems).

Also curious to see what they've done with some of the famous pod vehicles, like the Mole or the Firefly for instance! Talking about those already makes me feel the nostalgia!
    Slight crossed wires DFinger - Mini G is referring to the original Rolls Royce designs for the 2004 film. - I briefly saw them in a making of book in a local bookshop in 2004, as the film was released. The original production version of the car was a mordernised but sleek and faithful Rolls design. But as noted - Rolls said NO! (They probably read the script.) So Ford stepped in with their 26 foot long 6 wheeled Dildo. Now its a museum piece! Urgh.

I must admit it will be interesting to see how The Mole, Firefly DOMO and other vehicles look. It would be great if Fireflash reappeared too, since it was the one recurring non IR aircraft seen in several episodes.
    minigeff wrote:

I personally hope it won't look anything like that one. Looked pretty terrible in my eyes. Wasn't it constructed by Ford? I really hope it will look more like the original... (much like they did with Thunderbirds 1 - 4 it seems).

Also curious to see what they've done with some of the famous pod vehicles, like the Mole or the Firefly for instance! Talking about those already makes me feel the nostalgia!

After rolls pulled out, the all seeing evil blue oval stepped in and designed FAB1 based on their 'interpretation' of how it should look, ie they made the amazing concept of remodelling the front end by basing it on the new look Ford.... wait for it.... Thunderbird. Haven't we seen that before somewhere? Must be jinxed....

Then someone thought a blue oval was too down market for lady P and only good enough to put on just about everything else in the film, from the off road buggy, the news titles and even the handle on Jeff's crapper.... SPONSOOOORED BY FWORKING FWORD!!

So instead of a ford badge, GM went and put a Chrysler badge on it to magically make it 'classy'.

The Rolls design by comparison was gorgeous, as you'd expect.

Funny actually cos the other day I was walking through a car park and had to do a double take when I saw that someone had ripped off and replaced the Crysler badge on their 300C with a Bentley one.... desperation in the extreme.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    Well, they released a teaser trailer yesterday! This is what it looks like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T98fwuR2MDk

Looks promising I would say! :)
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    ITV Studios and Pukeko Pictures have been commissioned by CITV to make a second series of Thunderbirds Are Go, ahead of the premiere of series one. CITV has ordered 26 episodes at 30 min to air in 2016 & 2017. The cast is led by Rosamund Pike (Lady Penelope), David Graham (Parker), Kayvan Novak (Brains), Rasmus Hardiker (Alan & Scott Tracy), David Menkin (Virgil & Gordon Tracy), Thomas Brodie-Sangster (John Tracy).

Thunderbirds Are Go to blast back for second series
    http://www.itv.com/presscentre/press-releases/thunderbirds-are-go-blast-back-second-series

Official Website
    http://thunderbirds.com/

Thunderbirds_0.jpg
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Mine's that Size, but I don't want to brag about it ;)
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    Ok that teaser trailer along bis beautifully done. All that is missing the is corresponding "This is International Rescue, we are receiving your call for help, go ahead!"

I am really looking forward to this. All we need now is to see FAB1 and Creighton Ward Manor, and find out who is the voice of Jeff Tracy. I must say, seeing the new Thunderbird 5 in operation makes the design work quite well, in an ISS meets B5 / 2001 kind of way...

52 episodes of the Thunderbirds... Here's hoping the writing and the pacing of the episodes does the characters and vehicles justice.
  • TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,279MI6 Agent
    As a longtime fan of the old show I am naturally intrigued by this new incarnation. But I'm a little unclear on the format. Will it be supermarionation? CGI? Sock puppets? OK, I was just kidding on that last one. Still, it would be an improvement over that abominable live action movie....
    I think puppets would be too laughable for today's market, CGI just looks wrong for me (polar express looked awful but micro enjoyed some of it) so I can't see any reason why live actors and miniature model shots wouldn't be used.

Mind you as people are being billed as 'the voice of' then I doubt live action is going to be the way forward.

Maybe it'll be supermarioclaymation?

Cheese gromitt?

For any scifi geeks, especially us model makers, check out david sisson's website, you'll be amazed at what that guy can do with an acrylic tube and some car body filler. Ooh er.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    minigeff wrote:
    I think puppets would be too laughable for today's market, CGI just looks wrong for me (polar express looked awful but micro enjoyed some of it) so I can't see any reason why live actors and miniature model shots wouldn't be used.

Mind you as people are being billed as 'the voice of' then I doubt live action is going to be the way forward.

Maybe it'll be supermarioclaymation?

Cheese gromitt?

For any scifi geeks, especially us model makers, check out david sisson's website, you'll be amazed at what that guy can do with an acrylic tube and some car body filler. Ooh er.

From what I gather it's going to be a combination of CGI characters with miniature work.
    First look at the Tracy brothers. Plus new cast/characters revealed, to me at least. Sandra Dickinson is the voice of Grandma Tracy, Andres Williams (The Hood), Angel Colby (new character, Kayo), Adjoa Andoh (new character, Colonel Casey).

There Are No Strings Attached With These New Thunderbirds
    http://comicbook.com/2015/01/15/theres-no-strings-attached-with-new-thunderbirds/

KQDlIer.jpg
    Scott, Virgil and John look spookily good. Gordon seems a little gaunt, but I am putting this and his hair down to light rendering.
    Alan does look like himself, but with elements of Joe MacLane from Joe 90. All in all I'm very pleased!

There was a Colonel Casey in an episode of the original series specifically Edge of Impact, - he was an old Air Force buddy of Jeff T. No way of knowing if Ms Andoh's character is a re imagining. And the scuttlebutt says Kayo is the new name for Tin Tin, as Weta were involved in making the The Secret of The Unicorn story about Herge's character.
    Scott, Virgil and John look spookily good. Gordon seems a little gaunt, but I am putting this and his hair down to light rendering.
    Alan does look like himself, but with elements of Joe MacLane from Joe 90. All in all I'm very pleased!

There was a Colonel Casey in an episode of the original series specifically Edge of Impact, - he was an old Air Force buddy of Jeff T. No way of knowing if Ms Andoh's character is a re imagining. And the scuttlebutt says Kayo is the new name for Tin Tin, as Weta were involved in making the The Secret of The Unicorn story about Herge's character.

I agree some of the Tracy brothers look (suprisingly) good! Especially Scott, who happens to be my favorite and seems to resemble his original design a lot. To be very honest, when I saw the picture from the back, I thought Gordon was going to be the one with the orangy hair, suprised to see it's actually John. Gordon is way more blond now... Wish those haircolors were reversed, but could be a bit of nitpicking from my front. Now it's down and waiting to see what the series will be like!
    Attendees at the London Toy Fair were given a sneak peek of the redesigns for Thunderbirds are Go. Items include Tracy Island, Thunderbirds 1 to 4, Brains' Laboratory, communicator watch, and the Tracy brothers. Numerous pics.

Thunderbirds are Go toys offer a sneak peek of redesigned vehicles and new Tracy Island
    http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-01-21/thunderbirds-are-go-toys-offer-a-sneak-peak-of-redesigned-vehicles-and-new-tracy-island

67770.JPG?quality=85&mode=crop&width=620&height=465&404=tv
    Take a look around Tracy Island in the new Thunderbirds Are Go trailer.

Thunderbirds Are Go / Introducing The World
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDKP_N37OAE
    Never thought I'd be quoting myself! These are my observations on the Fanderson forum...
    Nice touch that Virgil's Piano is in proximity to the painting of his Fathers rocket.
    The leather recliners around the coffee table look suspiciously similar to the take off couches in the original Thunderbird 3. I agree that it looks like TB1.2 travels up the incline to prep for takeoff through the pool hatch. I suspect by its proximity to TB3.3's silo with its possibly sliding blast door, that the new Thunderbirds share one giant cavern hanger inside the island, (like the new toy island) rather than individual separate chambers in different locations. The scale of the island and placement of the buildings suggest it is much smaller in geographical scale than the larger island of the original series.
  • TwizzleTwizzle North LondonPosts: 34MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the links Moore Than; I think we are going to enjoy this new series.
    The boys look great (As do the new models), the craft look great and the island is superb. However, I share the same concerns as everyone else ............what is FAB 1 going to look like?!? Will I want to add it to these?!
    2015_02_03_10_40_59.jpg
    Twizzle