James Bond Car

Aston Martin DBS, Aston Martin DB5, or Bentley Continental from Carte Blanche?
what do yall think Bond should drive?

Comments

• rebentonrebenton Birmingham ALPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    Aston Martin have come/are coming out with the new Vanquish, and in my opinion it looks fantastic. But so does the current DB9.
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    I'd like to continue seeing him in an Aston Martin - either the Vanquish or the DB9 would be fine for me - but I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Bond return to a Bentley, his original car in Fleming's novels (although a new version...not a 1930s one!).
  • Agent KinoAgent Kino New YorkPosts: 202MI6 Agent
    It would definitely be an interesting twist to bring the Bentley to the movie series. But the Aston Martins are so stunning.
    1. Goldfinger 2. Skyfall 3. Goldeneye 4. The Spy Who Loved Me 5. OHMSS
    Check out my Instagram: @livingthebondlife
    "I never joke about my work, 007."
  • DEFIANT 74205DEFIANT 74205 Perth, AustraliaPosts: 1,881MI6 Agent
    Bentley Continental GT Speed:
    1148759_642488242451141_1176717389_n.jpg

I think it's about time they put Bond back in the car he was meant to be in - a Bentley.
    "Watch the birdie, you bastard!"
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    that is a very nice car ,but unfortunately they are all being driven by
    no class premier division footballers ,I think Bond should look at Bristol a proper gentlemans car
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    -{
    I for one could look at "Bristols" all day long. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Ens007Ens007 EnglandPosts: 863MI6 Agent
    no class premier division footballers

Spot on.

Aston Martin would still be my car of choice - DBS or the Vanquish.
    no class premier division footballers ,I think Bond should look at Bristol a proper gentlemans car

It's not the car's fault that they're being driven by the wrong crowd.

Anyway, Fleming put Bond in a Bentley, so EON should too, in my view.
  • DutchJamesBondFanDutchJamesBondFan the NetherlandsPosts: 414MI6 Agent
    The new Vanquish, God please, it's beautiful!
    Don't confuse me with the other DutchBondFan, but be sure to follow his YouTube account. You can read my articles on James Bond Nederland: www.jamesbond.nl/author/gosse/
  • herbie123herbie123 Posts: 47MI6 Agent
    The Jensen in the latest book is a good call.

When PB became Bond I thought that the car he should have used was a TVR Cerbera.

The car that Bond uses should be British, so how about a Morgan Aeromax.
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent

It's not the car's fault that they're being driven by the wrong crowd.

Anyway, Fleming put Bond in a Bentley, so EON should too, in my view.

I don't think that, apart from the name, the current line of Bentleys has anything to do with a 1930's Bentley.
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
  • Unknown007Unknown007 Posts: 201MI6 Agent
    The NEW version of the Aston Martin Vanquish would be great saw one recently at the final airshow at Leuchars in Fife, Scotland and it would look great as a Bond car.
    Peppermill wrote:
    I don't think that, apart from the name, the current line of Bentleys has anything to do with a 1930's Bentley.

Neither does a 1964 DB5 has anything to do with today's Astons.

Fleming originally gave Bond a Bentley, so I think, for authenticity's sake, EON should also put the cinematic Bond in a Bentley. I think the Continental GT Speed is the perfect Bond car.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think of an Aston Martin as a James Bond car. Bentley has more of a resonance with me.
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    I don't think I ever said that he should be in an Aston Martin instead....
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
  • Jedi MasterJedi Master UKPosts: 1,093MI6 Agent
    I think modern Astons do have more connection with their Bond heritage, they haven't lost their image like Bentleys have.

The Morgan Aeromax would be freaking awesome but probably impractical.
    Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice and everyone dies.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,704MI6 Agent
    Perhaps it would be better for a Bond girl? Or even better - the Morgan Three Wheeler! :D
    I think modern Astons do have more connection with their Bond heritage, they haven't lost their image like Bentleys have.

What image problem does a Bentley have?
    In the UK at least they are seen as Footballers toys, even a bit " Chav" :# which is sad
    as they are Beautiful cars. I don't hold that opinion ( I'll never have one, couldn't afford
    to buy a spare tyre for it. :)) ), But I did a London Bankers wedding and got a spin in the
    Bestman's Bentley Continental. The groom had a Maserati Quattroporte both beautiful cars.

I drive a Nissan by the way. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    In the UK at least they are seen as Footballers toys, even a bit " Chav" :# which is sad
    as they are Beautiful cars. I don't hold that opinion ( I'll never have one, couldn't afford
    to buy a spare tyre for it. :)) ), But I did a London Bankers wedding and got a spin in the
    Bestman's Bentley Continental. The groom had a Maserati Quattroporte both beautiful cars.

Its a great shame ,that the Bently has been pidgeon holed with the chavs,
    it always seems to happen to the nice brands (it happened to Burberrys once) but a beautiful car all the same,
    as for your Nissan, ive just come back from Florida,and the have some very tasty Nissans and KIAs over there,my BMW
    looked very basic by comparison ,I don't know why we cant those models over here, saying that ,I hear Ford is introducing a 5 litre
    Mustang in RHD very soon at 30k,
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    The Burberry analogy is bang-on, but they seem to have recovered now as the chavs have moved on to whatever it is that tickles their brainless fancy now. However, the Bentley/Burberry issue only applies to the UK. You travel elsewhere in the world and both are now and always have been top drawer brands never tarnished by the tasteless.
    The Burberry analogy is bang-on, but they seem to have recovered now as the chavs have moved on to whatever it is that tickles their brainless fancy now. However, the Bentley/Burberry issue only applies to the UK. You travel elsewhere in the world and both are now and always have been top drawer brands never tarnished by the tasteless.

totally agree , it certainly is a British thing

Its a great shame ,that the Bently has been pidgeon holed with the chavs,
    it always seems to happen to the nice brands (it happened to Burberrys once) but a beautiful car all the same,
    as for your Nissan, ive just come back from Florida,and the have some very tasty Nissans and KIAs over there,my BMW
    looked very basic by comparison ,I don't know why we cant those models over here, saying that ,I hear Ford is introducing a 5 litre
    Mustang in RHD very soon at 30k,

That may very well be the case, but I don't believe that makes the Bentley Continental GT Speed any less appropriate as a Bond car.

I think that cars don't "lose their image" just because of who drives it. Personally, I find that argument to be a bit of a non-sequitur.
    As a bit of a sideline, would anyone know who owns Beantly at the moment or are they an independant
    Company ?
    I'd love to see Bond in a Bently, it would be a nice nod to the novels. :)
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,418Chief of Staff
    The Burberry analogy is bang-on, but they seem to have recovered now as the chavs have moved on to whatever it is that tickles their brainless fancy now.

To digress....the chavs have moved on because Burberry stopped making cheap baseball hats and such like and put their prices back up....a risky strategy but a brilliant one that saved the company...
    YNWA 97
    Also Bently shouldn't have the problem of other companies making cheap
    copies to flood the market. :))
  • ExpatJBExpatJB HoustonPosts: 752MI6 Agent
    BMT216A475.jpg
    The Bentley was chosen, the Aston was the company car :))
    Dont wait for your ship to come in. Swim out and meet the bloody thing.
    :)) nice -{