4,301

Re: Watch Porn Wednesday

Chriscoop wrote:
clublos wrote:
Asp9mm wrote:

I feel your pain. Had my Sub nicked by a mongoose.

I want to hear this story.

Ditto

The lesson to learn from his story is: Don‘t take your Sub off the wrist when visiting a brothel  ajb007/biggrin
And mongoose is just a code  ajb007/tongue

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

4,302

Re: Watch Porn Wednesday

Long story short, I’m an ophiologist for a living and I was on an expedition in Tanzania which in part discovered a new species of viper.  I pretty much lived in the desert scrub on and off for weeks as it was an isolated area and we used solar showers.  I always take my watch off as the sand/dust is so fine in that area that getting it wet in a shower would attract and hold the sand under the bezel.  One day when I did this and went to get my watch off the stick it hung on, it was gone. Small tracks were left in its place. Mongoose used to nick all sorts, cutlery and small tools mostly.

For the last decade I’ve had to hear that dumbass Higgins laughing about how a monkey stole my watch.  Ironically, the only primate I’ve ever seen wearing a Sub, is Higgins.  And now you know why he calls me a hermit.  For 18 months he was crying because I wasn’t in his life or on here.  He even contacted my knife maker to try and find out where I was.  He missed me so badly. Seemed more like stalking to me, but it’s all about perspective.

Last edited by Asp9mm (2nd Oct 2019 19:59)

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

4,303

Re: Watch Porn Wednesday

Pah, I was just worried that you couldn‘t bear with my constructive criticism always and ran away in the jungle and -as always- have got lost  ajb007/rolleyes
It was a genuinely humanitarian mission that I was on  ajb007/biggrin

And the monkeys where so annoyed by you that the Sub was only a small part of a compensation which they have received  ajb007/biggrin

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

4,304

Re: Watch Porn Wednesday

Chriscoop wrote:

Oh dear Bond 44, these things happen in love and war, and it will doubtless be down to a pin giving way, like you my original 2500 po had been all round the world with me, been stolen off my boat and recovered and take a dive off a balcony and survived! I loved that watch but it's gone now.
Lessons to learn? When breaking up a fight, either take your watch off and use it as a knuckle duster or put it in your pocket or go flying in with your elbows  ajb007/lol
Seriously, sad to hear it but you do have another 2500 po so perhaps see what the brown omega actually looks like from nttd you may just fancy that.

Well I must admit the next morning it took every bone in my body and a few friends not to beat 5 bells out of the both of them - I did laugh later when I realised I had slipped into Bond mode when I was ranting at them something along the lines of ‘Sorry! Try putting that in a sentence like......’ you can imagine the rest but the end rhymed with runts - especially as neither of them could remember why it started!!

Still such is life and I do have the PO LM LE (thank god it was not that or my Ti’s)

Cheers  ajb007/bond

My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!

4,305

Re: Watch Porn Wednesday

Asp9mm wrote:

Long story short, I’m an ophiologist for a living and I was on an expedition in Tanzania...

So you were in Tanzania because of your interest in local "snakes", eh?.....

ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol

"I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
-Mr Arlington Beech

4,306

Re: Watch Porn Wednesday

Bond44 wrote:

Well my fellow AJBers I have a sad story to tell of how a good deed has cost me my beloved PO 2500. On a recent trip to Krakow for a family event I unfortunately had to step in during a fight between two of our party. Doing the decent thing several of us grabbed the waring parties in an attempt to split them up. It got physical but we eventually achieved our aim and calmed the situation down. Doing the right thing we dragged them off separately to another bar, threw the in a taxi and returned to our hotel. Sadly the next day I awoke to find my beloved PO missing from my wrist (to be fair it had been a long day the day before and some alcohol consumed we were all knackered). Naturally retraced my steps but with no success - someone picked up a real bargain........

I'll have drink to your Omega PO-MIA tonight. It's all alone out there in the world, so far from home in a place where it doesn't belong.
I'm so glad that I have a Casio Edifice as a "body double" to my Aqua Terra, just for the kinds of trips and parties where bad things happen to good watches....

"I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
-Mr Arlington Beech

4,307

Re: Watch Porn Wednesday

0073 wrote:
Asp9mm wrote:

Long story short, I’m an ophiologist for a living and I was on an expedition in Tanzania...

So you were in Tanzania because of your interest in local "snakes", eh?.....

ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol

Yeah  ajb007/biggrin

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

4,308

Re: Watch Porn Wednesday

https://i.postimg.cc/87fxGyWC/UNADJUSTEDNONRAW-thumb-2f3d.jpg

Trust No One

4,309

Re: Watch Porn Wednesday

I have to send in my Bronson era Seamaster in for a servicing overhaul (oy!) and needed another daily beater. After reading this article on Dappered, I decided on the Seiko Prospex 44m “Samurai” automatic and couldn’t be happier.

https://dappered.com/2018/01/in-review- … ive-watch/

At around $350, it ticks off most of the boxes of something that feels like a Planet Ocean but without being a copy. Very heavy and solid. And it’s a Seiko so it has the Bond legacy.  ajb007/martini


https://i.postimg.cc/QHc8Wxh5/2-DEF012-D-AB48-4-E15-83-D9-38-BA25634-CA8.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/9z6XMq5C/4-C4-B9-BC1-E89-C-4217-9269-10-E049-F12-FF2.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/Bjsq59nz/52-A95648-1-E2-A-457-A-AEFE-296-B66-DEC43-D.jpg

4,310

Re: Watch Porn Wednesday

drum007 wrote:

I have to send in my Bronson era Seamaster in for a servicing overhaul (oy!) and needed another daily beater. After reading this article on Dappered, I decided on the Seiko Prospex 44m “Samurai” automatic and couldn’t be happier.

https://dappered.com/2018/01/in-review- … ive-watch/

At around $350, it ticks off most of the boxes of something that feels like a Planet Ocean but without being a copy. Very heavy and solid. And it’s a Seiko so it has the Bond legacy.  ajb007/martini


https://i.postimg.cc/QHc8Wxh5/2-DEF012-D-AB48-4-E15-83-D9-38-BA25634-CA8.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/9z6XMq5C/4-C4-B9-BC1-E89-C-4217-9269-10-E049-F12-FF2.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/Bjsq59nz/52-A95648-1-E2-A-457-A-AEFE-296-B66-DEC43-D.jpg

I love my SKX007 but I have also had my eye on this same beauty as well.   Very nice pickup.

4,311

Re: Watch Porn Wednesday

drum007 wrote:

I have to send in my Bronson era Seamaster in for a servicing overhaul (oy!) and needed another daily beater. After reading this article on Dappered, I decided on the Seiko Prospex 44m “Samurai” automatic and couldn’t be happier.

https://dappered.com/2018/01/in-review- … ive-watch/

At around $350, it ticks off most of the boxes of something that feels like a Planet Ocean but without being a copy. Very heavy and solid. And it’s a Seiko so it has the Bond legacy.  ajb007/martini


https://i.postimg.cc/QHc8Wxh5/2-DEF012-D-AB48-4-E15-83-D9-38-BA25634-CA8.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/9z6XMq5C/4-C4-B9-BC1-E89-C-4217-9269-10-E049-F12-FF2.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/Bjsq59nz/52-A95648-1-E2-A-457-A-AEFE-296-B66-DEC43-D.jpg


That is really nice. I just bought an SNZH55 which is even cheaper (a Seiko 5 so it’s automatic) and I think it’s really rather handsome.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/518srDglhxL.jpg

4,312

Re: Watch Porn Wednesday

https://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/PRIVATE/Exp1016_zps8d32tdza.jpg

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

4,313

Re: Watch Porn Wednesday

Asp9mm wrote:

https://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/PRIVATE/Exp1016_zps8d32tdza.jpg

Very nice  ajb007/martini  much better than the bling one  ajb007/biggrin

Trust No One

4,314

Re: Watch Porn Wednesday

Don‘t charm him.
Next he‘ll show off those Brewmond dogs  ajb007/rolleyes

Or the Sub which has been stolen by a monkey  ajb007/biggrin

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

4,315

Re: Watch Porn Wednesday

https://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/PRIVATE/A6C69978-07A0-4E62-9526-E40658A57D34_zpsgch1ch21.jpeg

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

4,316

Re: Watch Porn Wednesday

As the pontiff would say FMD  ajb007/biggrin

Trust No One

4,317

Re: Watch Porn Wednesday

Well happy to report I am now back in the PO QOS club thanks to fellow AJBer (Thanks Paul! you are a star!)  ajb007/smile

I will morn the loss of my old friend and promise to look after my new one. Just need to replace the Rubber OEM I lost for that CR look, but all in good time. Frankly once it was gone I realised how much of a keeper the PO 2500 would have been, so to have lost it the way I did was a real kicker.

All is good in the world and fingers crossed for the insurance, but frankly this old friend was always going to be replaced (maybe even at the cost of the NTTD SMP) it was and always has been my first love!

I guess the big man upstairs taketh and giveth from time to time.

Cheers  ajb007/bond


https://i.postimg.cc/6T0wHyrC/image.jpg

My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!

4,318

Re: Watch Porn Wednesday

https://i.imgur.com/xkXkpHH.jpg

"It is better to be as well dressed as possible to stave off, at least for a very little bit, the total collapse of civilization"

4,319

Re: Watch Porn Wednesday

Congrats mate. Hope the pain is easing having this beautiful replacement on your wrist.

The PO 2500 and the Dateless Submariner are the two perfect Bond watches IMO. ajb007/bond

"Any of the opposition around..?"

4,320

Re: Watch Porn Wednesday

Bond44 - Congrats. Hope the insurance works out.
Martini - Great photo!  ajb007/cheers

4,321

Re: Watch Porn Wednesday

Bond44 wrote:

Well happy to report I am now back in the PO QOS club thanks to fellow AJBer (Thanks Paul! you are a star!)  ajb007/smile

I will morn the loss of my old friend and promise to look after my new one. Just need to replace the Rubber OEM I lost for that CR look, but all in good time. Frankly once it was gone I realised how much of a keeper the PO 2500 would have been, so to have lost it the way I did was a real kicker.

All is good in the world and fingers crossed for the insurance, but frankly this old friend was always going to be replaced (maybe even at the cost of the NTTD SMP) it was and always has been my first love!

I guess the big man upstairs taketh and giveth from time to time.

Cheers  ajb007/bond


https://i.postimg.cc/6T0wHyrC/image.jpg

That’s really lovely!

4,322

Re: Watch Porn Wednesday

Thanks guys and I have to add I was only to pleased to help a fellow AJBer fund his next purchase - so everyone is a winner  ajb007/biggrin

Cheers  ajb007/bond

My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!

4,323

Re: Watch Porn Wednesday

What does the crown on the left do, out of interest?

4,324

Re: Watch Porn Wednesday

emtiem wrote:

What does the crown on the left do, out of interest?

Hélium escape valve for deep divers.....