Bond 24 Plot

So, Sam Mendes informed the world on a recent interview Bond 24 will see an older bond and cast picking up the pieces and dealing with what happened in Skyfall, Mendes also said although the story line is not a direct link it will clear up some things from Skyfall. The biggest hole in Skyfall's story was Silva knowing M being at the tribunaral, where MI6 would rellocate too in order tohave had his plans for capture and escape all worked out. My only conclusion is a mole. Can't see it being M, can't see it being Moneypenny or Q so I am thinking maybe chief of staff Bill Tanner. Silva also needed major funding to bring down MI6 the taking down of MI6 was mutual arragement with someone or an organisation to fund Silva to do so but who?. This would be a natural way for the story to flow. And the story building to Bond finding out who. Sorry Tanner!.
You only live twice: Once when you are born. And once when you look death in the face.

Comments

• BIG TAMBIG TAM Wrexham, North Wales, UK.Posts: 773MI6 Agent
    Perhaps the link with SKYFALL could be the other agents who felt betrayed by M & the Service. Several of them could group together to form an alliance with Quantum (in BOND24) & then gradually decide to overthrow them (a Maibaum idea for TSWLM) to eventually become the new incarnation of SPECTRE (in BOND25). Blofeld could be gradually reintroduced along the way.
    Or perhaps Quantum/SPECTRE were funding Silva after all.
    One hopes that whatever Logan, Mendes & co opt for, they do some good writing & don't just settle for a deus ex machina.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    So, Sam Mendes informed the world on a recent interview Bond 24 will see an older bond and cast picking up the pieces and dealing with what happened in Skyfall, Mendes also said although the story line is not a direct link it will clear up some things from Skyfall. The biggest hole in Skyfall's story was Silva knowing M being at the tribunaral, where MI6 would rellocate too in order tohave had his plans for capture and escape all worked out. My only conclusion is a mole. Can't see it being M, can't see it being Moneypenny or Q so I am thinking maybe chief of staff Bill Tanner. Silva also needed major funding to bring down MI6 the taking down of MI6 was mutual arragement with someone or an organisation to fund Silva to do so but who?. This would be a natural way for the story to flow. And the story building to Bond finding out who. Sorry Tanner!.

I thought Silva knew all that from having easy peasy access to MI6 poorly secured IT System :))
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    On a more serious note I really hope we see less of London / M / Q / Moneypenny and get Bond out in the field, somewhere preferably exotic. A quick brief and off he goes kinda thing like the good ole days

After Skyfall (which I enjoyed) I would like to see a "brighter" film (in all aspects) if that makes sense.

Wonder what the budget will be this time, after Skyfall's success you would think it would be pretty hefty unless these pesky money grabbing...............
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Bond should return to Jamaica -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,792MI6 Agent
    I think the plot holes you pointed out are just that - plot holes. I think the themes mentioned are new vs old, the relevance of the 00- section and perhaps the old sins of Mi6. I hope the next film will focus on the misson and will opefully be less self centered (M, Bond etc.)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Speaking of holes, how about Bond back on a golf course. A hot
    Norwegian leading lady ( to keep Number24 happy ;) ). and a
    Big underwater sequence. With Bond spending some time in
    New York. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I would Golf with either Charleze Theron, Or Jennifer Connelly ;)
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    To try and get a hole in one ? ;% :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Speaking of holes, how about Bond back on a golf course. A hot
    Norwegian leading lady ( to keep Number24 happy ;) ). and a
    Big underwater sequence. With Bond spending some time in
    New York. :D

I like those ideas. Especially having Bond in New York again. -{
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent

:)) :)) :))
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."

Oh more then that ;)
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:

I thought Silva knew all that from having easy peasy access to MI6 poorly secured IT System :))

I thought the hearing was public, so anybody with access to a TV or the Internet would know where M was.
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    edited May 2014
    WOk, first off the enquiry was not a public one. It was a closed session with minimal security, and no media present. Although M-Manf's blunders had reached the press, the enquiry itself was in house. We see that there is no media or heavy security presence when Silva barges in and again when Bond shows up after Mallory was shot. M was pretty much a sitting duck.

Tanner a mole? Its an interesting idea, such as Tanner being in Quantum - hes doubtful of Greene being a lead, and does a poor job of pinning down the rouge 007 in QoS. Didn't ensure there was plenty orbital tracking in Istanbul and fails to protect M (past or future!) at the enquiry in SF. However I see these as simple mistakes and wonky writing. Tanner tries to persuade M-Manf to shut down the hack before Silva blows up the MI6 building, shows concern that Bond was back on duty after he failed the service tests, and was over ruled by M when he tries to get her to safety once Q warns him Silva is heading to the enquiry. Shortsighted? Definately. - A bit odd in a dept head who only answers to M. But a calculating traitor? I seriously doubt it. However it does highlight to me they need to give Rory K a seriously good scene to beef up Tanner as a character as they have done with Wishaw's Q2 and Harris's E-MP.

I doubt the next film will make direct references to Silva, and if Quantum are back, the two (hopefully) won't be connected. Quantum's actions make it clear they can bump off anyone in a second as Le Chiffre and Greene found to their cost. Silva was a loose cannon and Mitchell is proof that Quantum can get anywhere, be anyone. Joining them up is too easy and a poor fit. Silva was anything but subtle in his intentions!

Re golf courses and Jamaca, I think we need some winter action first! Esp since we had the Bahamas in CR-06. All of the Bonds have had good winter scenes except Sir Sean, I'd like to see Mr Craig's version on the snow or ice. Ditto a new sport somewhere along the line. I'd rather see a new sport, something a bit different and fresh than a new variation of the Goldfinger putting. - A classic scene that doesn't need a remake. FOARE!

Re the writing I am wary of Logan's work. To him I quote M-Mallory. - "Good luck Mr Logan. Don't c**k it up!"
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
    According to this website http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Film/Skyfall

"Hauled Before A Senate Subcommittee: For her part in losing the MacGuffin and other recent attacks on MI6 and their allies in NATO, M faces a public hearing :)) in front of a government committee near the middle of the film."

The other tip off that the hearing was public was all the members of the . . . public who were present

Finally, the whole point of the scene was that it involved the public humiliation of M.
    Agreed, Silva wanted to show that M. Couldn't protect herself, let alone the country. -{
  • The LimeyThe Limey Kent , EnglandPosts: 60MI6 Agent
    I agree 100% ..........I grew up in London, so found many scenes depressing rather than exotic !! ........
    Send him to Bora-Bora , or the Maldives (for no particular reason :)) ) with a hot bird , and then something dangerous , involving a nice car when he lands in Switzerland upon his return :) It's all quite simple really ...........
    welshboy78 wrote:
    On a more serious note I really hope we see less of London / M / Q / Moneypenny and get Bond out in the field, somewhere preferably exotic. A quick brief and off he goes kinda thing like the good ole days

After Skyfall (which I enjoyed) I would like to see a "brighter" film (in all aspects) if that makes sense.

Wonder what the budget will be this time, after Skyfall's success you would think it would be pretty hefty unless these pesky money grabbing...............
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,299Chief of Staff
    the rouge 007 in QoS.

Novel idea, having Bond be a Red. :)
    Both Bond and Silva turn out to be half brothers, and M was their mother. :))
    Kincade is revealed as Bond's real father, it turns out Skyfall was built on an
    Old Scottish battlefield and the bodies were never moved.
    The ghost of M returns to tell of a treasure hidden in the nearby lake. :))

I do feel sorry for the poor Bloke " from Idaho, or some such place " who'd
    Bought Skyfall lodge. Making plans for lovely holidays, in Sunny Scotland, and
    Bond goes and blows it up :)) I hope he had some home insurance in place. :))
  • DaltonFan1DaltonFan1 The West of IrelandPosts: 503MI6 Agent
    Will the film feature Glenn Greenwald and Edward Snowden as allies or villains?

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Sony-Taps-James-Bond-Producers-Adapt-Edward-Snowden-Memoir-43028.html
    “Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to a better understanding of ourselves.” - Carl Jung
  • HalconHalcon Zen TemplePosts: 486MI6 Agent
    Bond should return to Jamaica -{

absolutely! -{

We need to see Bond throwing caution to the wind and really enjoying being himself, instead of being in spite of himself...
    Some ocean, some beach, and some ladies in bikinis are just the right items to accomplish it.

I don't see how you can keep beating the 'introspective' horse much longer with a James Bond film. At least with already 3 films in a row.
    It's funny how every so often there is a story of the Bond producers
    Making other projects ( which I'm sure they'd love to do ) although
    it seems that the workload of churning out the Bonds would be
    Enough for anyone.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,792MI6 Agent
    At least Michael Wilson is freed of the burden of screenwriting now ...
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    I'm currently working on a film at one of the London studios, and the rumor I have been hearing around town is that they will be shooting the next two Bond films back-to-back. Could be just rumors in the end, but still an interesting approach.

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    DBS wrote:
    I'm currently working on a film at one of the London studios, and the rumor I have been hearing around town is that they will be shooting the next two Bond films back-to-back. Could be just rumors in the end, but still an interesting approach.

Kind regards,
    Craig

I would say it is the only way Craig will do a 5th, but this idea has been around since CR -{
    DBS wrote:

Kind regards,
    Craig

I don't see how they could film two Bond movies back-to-back. We know they're going to start filming Bond 24 in October and that it will be released in October 2015. It would take at least 9-10 months to film both (it takes six months film one) and that would leave only 2-3 months for post-production, distribution, and release for Bond 24, which is no where near enough time for a 21/2 hour movie (or even a 11/2 hour movie).
    Gala Brand wrote:
    DBS wrote:

Kind regards,
    Craig

I don't see how they could film two Bond movies back-to-back. We know they're going to start filming Bond 24 in October and that it will be released in October 2015. It would take at least 9-10 months to film both (it takes six months film one) and that would leave only 2-3 months for post-production, distribution, and release for Bond 24, which is no where near enough time for a 21/2 hour movie (or even a 11/2 hour movie).

Isn't the reason studios film back to back is to reduce the overall shooting and post production time? i.e. back to back would not be 6 months x 2
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Gala Brand wrote:
    DBS wrote:

Kind regards,
    Craig

Isn't the reason studios film back to back is to reduce the overall shooting and post production time? i.e. back to back would not be 6 months x 2

Yes, I agree. That's why I estimated 9-10 months to film both movies, rather than 12 months.
    edited June 2014
    But didn't Lord of the Rings etc get shot back to back in a year with 2 annual releases?

I presumed they film one, then post production team finish off whilst they shoot the 2nd hence complete shooting two films in a year, released over two etc

PS - I know nothing about any of this just guessing so not trying to be argumentative
  • WordsAndDreamsWordsAndDreams Posts: 93MI6 Agent
    edited June 2014
    welshboy78 wrote:
    But didn't Lord of the Rings etc get shot back to back in a year with 2 annual releases?

I presumed they film one, then post production team finish off whilst they shoot the 2nd hence complete shooting two films in a year, released over two etc.
    Yes, LotR principal photography took 274 days. Which means on average they took about 90 days per film by shooting them at the same time. And the three Hobbit films took 266 days. Skyfall took 128 days for principal photography. All of these are pretty consistent with the idea that modern big budget films usually take about 3-4 months to shoot.

So shooting two Bond films back to back is certainly possible in the time frame. Although when studios/films do this, it seems like they generally give themselves more leeway. Such as LotR, which they finished shooting all three films about a year before FotR was released.

All that being said, I thought in the Charlie Rose interview Mendes specifically mentioned that part of the reason he agreed to do more Bond was because they agreed to let him make it only one film (rather than the at the time planned two). Although, it certainly wouldn't be the first (or second) time he's changed his mind in regards to Bond.
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent