Re: The Silencer & Black Garter

Lady Rose wrote:

I've just had the misfortune of going into a Jmes Bond thread on a non James Bond forum. ajb007/insane  ajb007/insane

I had to come here straight after to rid my mind of their ignorance  ajb007/lol

No, James Bond is 'not just a film'. No, the franchise shouldn't the end because no one will match Daniel Craig. Yes, all the different actors are meant to be the same person  ajb007/mad

I am a confirmed Bond snob.

ajb007/smile  Then you're back at the right place.

Lady rose:
I saw in the news today that the band 'Thunderpussy' have finally been able to trademark their name. They had been unable to because the name was deeemed  “scandalous” and “immoral.” 

“scandalous” and “immoral.”  Is my Family Motto  ajb007/biggrin

Nice to have you back Lady Rose  ajb007/martini

Thunderpussy wrote:

Lady rose:
I saw in the news today that the band 'Thunderpussy' have finally been able to trademark their name. They had been unable to because the name was deeemed  “scandalous” and “immoral.” 

ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol

It was either that.....or the priesthood

"Libidinosus non sufficit" - no doubt with two prominent bezants  ajb007/biggrin

Perhaps we could get your coat of arms hung in the SABS, Tp?

+ 1 nice to have you back Lady Rose.  ajb007/martini

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."

Thunderpussy wrote:

Lady rose:

I'm never far away TP ... I usually pop in to make sure you're all behaving yourselves.

Anyway, once I saw that news article I knew I was due a return  ajb007/lol

Someone said a few years back that Thunderpussy sounds like a particualrely virulant STD, but I can't remember who.  ajb007/lol

STD ? .... Star Trek Discovery ? ..... Sure it wasn't Kirk and Co but it wasn't that bad  ajb007/wink

Star Trek has spread a great deal, you know. And it often leads to social distancing and self isolation.

I'd hate to be a little rash,  but I get what you're saying.  ajb007/wink

Number24 wrote:

Someone said a few years back that Thunderpussy sounds like a particualrely virulant STD, but I can't remember who.  ajb007/lol

I learned something new today. I heard the term fire-crotch for the first time. I thought it was something to do with an STD, turns out it's just a word for the nether regions of a red head  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol

Lady Rose wrote:
Number24 wrote:

I learned something new today. I heard the term fire-crotch for the first time. I thought it was something to do with an STD, turns out it's just a word for the nether regions of a red head  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol

Well it's always good to learn new things ajb007/shifty

The next time we get a redhead member I hope he/she gets the username Fire-crotch  ajb007/lol

Operation Fire-Crotch .... Is the male
Equivalent  " Ginger Nuts " ?

I think Cpt Hook died accidentally
Scratching his.

MikeG77 wrote:
Lady Rose wrote:
Number24 wrote:

Well it's always good to learn new things ajb007/shifty

Every day's a school day  ajb007/biggrin

The Sun: Pensioner, 64, flung out of £70m fighter jet at 2,500ft after grabbing ejector seat handle to ‘steady hi.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11384369/ … at-france/

Finally gave in and had a shave today, In my Mind I thought I looked like Sir Sean in
The hunt for red October, but in reality I probably looked like some homeless guy  ajb007/biggrin

Last edited by Thunderpussy (13th Apr 2020 23:03)

I'll have a beer please.
https://i.postimg.cc/XBdJrQd5/DSC-0043.jpg

I wonder if they will bring these back out in November  ajb007/confused

It was either that.....or the priesthood

I'm sure .... " The world shall hear of them again "   ajb007/wink

Just don't bring them back here, there's no deposit on them  ajb007/biggrin

I really, really hope there'll never be a epidemic called Coke Zero

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/95/5a/80/955a80e11f8ae8aba83704166709b774.jpg

Can't call it Ebola anymore,  as it originated in
the Ebola River in what is now the Democratic Republic of Congo as
that's Racist......... According to many American News networks  ajb007/biggrin

( This a Joke N24, Please don't take seriously  ajb007/martini  )

Last edited by Thunderpussy (14th Apr 2020 19:04)

I Wonder what would happen if an epidemic originated by the river Niger?  ajb007/confused  ajb007/confused

I treated myself today to series 3 of the original The Man From UNCLE  ajb007/martini
I do love these camp 60s spy shows. Just noticed in Episode 3, you can see
part of the lighting rig in the studio behind the set.  ajb007/biggrin

Last edited by Thunderpussy (14th Apr 2020 19:41)

Thunderpussy wrote:

The Sun: Pensioner, 64, flung out of £70m fighter jet at 2,500ft after grabbing ejector seat handle to ‘steady hi.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11384369/ … at-france/

I was reading about that today. What an amazing story and thankfully no one was hurt.  ajb007/lol

Thunderpussy wrote:

I treated myself today to series 3 of the original The Man From UNCLE  ajb007/martini
I do love these camp 60s spy shows. Just noticed in Episode 3, you can see
part of the lighting rig in the studio behind the set.  ajb007/biggrin

I've only been able to get Season 1 on Region 2 DVD - have you got a DVD player which covers Region 1? I'd love to get seasons 2-4. The five-movie box set released in 2003 is also great, but I'll never know why they didn't release all eight films, like the US box set.

Re season 3: it was highly influenced by the success of Batman show, and tipped over too far into camp - a real shame as seasons 1 and 2 had just the right amount of tongue-in-cheek humour without becoming absurd. I've never seen season four though, as I don't think it's been shown here since the original airing (though I might be wrong).

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."

Yes, I have the 5 film boxset and have read
That season three went a bit too camp, but
I love the show.
  I got it off amazon prime, they have  all
Four seasons  which I shall buy as I watch.

I don’t have a DVD player, I buy from Google Play and stream movies and TV series. I bought The Man From UNCLE complete series quite some time ago during one of their sales, I am nearing the end of Season 2 now, I find that it’s best to drift in and out rather than binge watch.

I also pay for Amazon, Netflix, Disney+ and BritBox so I have a wide range of things to watch. I have AppleTV free for 12 months but will not pay a subscription unless the choice expands greatly by December.

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.